“Good value”

Paradise Holiday Village
Ranked #33 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 6 January 2014

We stayed here for 14days Christmas 2013. Nice staff, good cleaned, kitchen not best in the district, but ok. Good safety.Some late noise first weekend, but like most hotels in Sri Lanka you must expect big weddings in Christmas time. Heavy music in the morning when eating breakfest is not what we have expected. I do not think people need that. All over ok.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank svot
There are newer reviews for Paradise Holiday Village

Reviewed 25 November 2013

I had originally planned to stay at Paradise Holiday Village over the weekend, but I ended up checking out after one night and moving to another resort in Negombo.

The "deluxe" room was of very low standard, with old furniture that practically was falling apart. The water disappeared around midnight (but had returned the next morning). The breakfast was extremely unimpressive.

The staff was friendly and tried to address the issue, but they didn't have a room that was of reasonable standard. Despite having reserved for two nights, I was able to cancel the second night with no issue. I also got help when it turned out that I had forgot my charger in the room.

All in all - this hotel needs a major facelift, but they have friendly service.

Room Tip: The hotel is quite close to a trafficed road - make sure to get a room far into the complex if you d...
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank JohannesBrodwall
Reviewed 18 November 2013

The staff is rude. They wanted a tip for me carring my own luggage.
The breakfast is disgusting, and the coffee is bad.
The room is Dark, the A/C was leaking. And the rooms are overcharged.
The hotel charged my room twice and did not believe I already paid. The only good thing about this hotel is that there is a pool and it is close to the Beach.
But I recommend to use another hotel in the area instead.

• Stayed: November 2013
3  Thank signelh
Reviewed 10 November 2013 via mobile

Arriving early (5am) we were met by a rude guy behind reception who wouldn't let us check in without paying for half a night's accommodation even though our room was ready. We were also greeted by a fleshy bird bone outside our door for a couple of days... not sure if it was eventually cleaned or whether something dragged it away. The hotel itself is fairly basic and one of the last on the main road. Be careful in the pool as there were loose tiles that you can cut your foot open with.

• Stayed: September 2013
Reviewed 2 November 2013

2 nights 4 adults. We had an apartment with a kitchen, but no cooking, kettle or crockery available. The eating facilities attached were very basic. In comparison with others we have stayed at in that area and price range this rates a 7 out or 10. Wouldn’t stay again as others are friendlier and more welcoming.

Room Tip: If you stay there find somewhere nice to eat
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Susan M
Reviewed 26 October 2013

Stayed in this little hotel only for a few hours as a transit between airport and to gear up for the holiday. We were quite dismayed at the room conditions when we checked in.

The pictures of the hotel looked good and for USD 60 for a triple room with breakfast we paid for 1 night, the pictures seemed too good to be true.

And they were. Besides the pool, the hotel is a shacky little hideout, which rooms that had bedbugs and filthy sheets. Yes,there were brown stuff on the sheets I don't even think of what it was. There are no blankets, just a single thin sheet to cover up and sleep. The Aircon can get extremely cold at night sometimes and sometimes switch off and get extremely hot.

We had mosquitoes swarming in from closed doors. There are no bathroom amenities like shampoo or dental kits. Just 1 block of small soap.

5 minutes late for breakfast, we got nothing.

Best thing to do here is not stay. I am sure Negombo has much better options! Like J-hotel which is a few metres/1 km away where some of my other friends stayed the same day.

Room Tip: No tip. Leave.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank thanzi
Reviewed 16 October 2013

I really appreciated the helpful attitude of the staff and manager of this hotel. First of all, without even having me there as a guest, they allowed me to make a call to another city in Sri Lanka free of charge. This encouraged me to stay and they were very obliging when it came to room choice. The rooms are very clean and quiet, with most mod cons like air con, phone, fridge, etc. Then, when I had some problems with a chap who arranges tours, the manager bent over backwards to compensate for the problem I had with him, even offering me a glass of wine when he listened patiently to my complaint. They hire a security guard for the premises which makes a single female traveler like myself feel very safe. All in all, I had a good experience at this hotel.

Room Tip: I had a room overlooking the pool which was very quiet, with a balcony.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo