“Great time in Jetwing Lagoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Jetwing Lagoon

Jetwing Lagoon
Ranked #3 of 41 Hotels in Negombo
Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Great time in Jetwing Lagoon”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 April 2014

My family and I had a very enjoyable stay at Jetwing Lagoon! The scenery, rooms, services and meals were spectacular!
I would love to visit again, and I would recommend it to anyone, as it is guaranteed to satisfy all requirements for the best vacation.

Room Tip: The family suite is an excellent choice.
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lagoon, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon, and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience of your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the resort. Thank you for the compliments made of the food quality and the service. It was pleasing to note that you enjoyed as the scenic view of the resort. I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team which was very pleased to hear of your feedback.

Thank you as well for recommending the resort to fellow travelers and Trip Advisor reviewers which is very much appreciated. We noted your desire to return and we look forward to welcoming you back to enjoy yet another stay at Jetwing Lagoon.

Wester Felthman

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (228)
Buckinghamshire
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 April 2014

We have just returned from our holiday in Sri Lanka where, after a tour of the Island, we spent four nights at the Jetwing Lagoon. We had a deluxe room which was absolutely amazing. The grounds are beautifully kept, the service is excellent, the staff incredibly polite, helpful and friendly and the food is amazing! There are more than enough sun beds around the huge pool so no-one felt the need to 'reserve' a sunbed by putting their towel on it! We had several treatments at the spa which were wonderful. All in all, I would highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: The deluxe rooms are huge!
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lagoon, responded to this review, 7 May 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read that you enjoyed your four days stay at the resort and that you appreciated the spacious rooms and the overall layout and landscaping of the resort.

Thank you for your kind words made on the quality of food and service. I have taken the liberty to pass on these sentiments to all the associates of the resort and they were very pleased and thankful to hear off the feedback.

Thank you as well for recommending Jetwing Lagoon to fellow Trip Advisor reviewer, and we hope that will be able to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

england
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 March 2014

We only had one night at this hotel, but it was a wonderful start to our holiday. The room was spacious and clean and the food and service was immaculate. The staff were very helpful and it was the best breakfast of our trip. The pool was the biggest we have ever been in (100m long), so we worked up a good appetite! We would definitely return here.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lagoon, responded to this review, 7 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon, and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor.

We were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed your short stay with us. Thank you for admiring the spacious elegantly designed rooms and the pool which incidentally is the longest straight pool you will find in the entire west coast of Sri Lanka.

Thank you as well for the compliments made on the cleanliness, the food and the service of our associates. I have taken the liberty to pass on these sentiments to the entire team which was very pleased to hear the feedback.

Thank you once again for choosing Jetwing Lagoon and we are so pleased to read that you are planning on returning back to the resort.
We very much look forward to welcoming you back and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Plymouth, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 March 2014

We got married at Jetwing Lagoon (which was the first wedding ever held at Lagoon) in October 2012. We had a wonderful time, as did all our friends, both from Sri Lanka and abroad. The food and service was excellent and the venue was beautiful. My family have been there several times since and have been treated equally well on each occasion.

• Stayed April 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon and thank you for sharing your thoughts on Trip Advisor following the celebration of a key moment in your lives.

We were very pleased to learn that your friends both from Sri Lanka and abroad had found the resort enjoyeble and appreciate the kind compliments made on the food and the services. I have taken the liberty to pass these sentiments to the entire team at the resort.

Thank you once again for placing your trust in us and for choosing Jetwing Lagoon to hold your wedding ceremony. We look forward to welcome the happy couple to Jetwing Lagoon in the near future, may be for your honeymoon, and please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of any assistance.

Edinburgh, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 March 2014

Recently returned from a 14 day stay at this hotel having used the Jetwing group for a previous stay in Sri Lanka. The Lagoon was every thing I expected and more.,The bedrooms are spacious and well appointed as are the public rooms Grounds and pool area are well maintained with one of the longest pools I have seen.The menu offered in the restaurant was varied with the quality of the food best described as excellent..A hotels reputation stands or falls on its staff and with regard to this hotel the stall do it proud.,they are attentive and very friendly.I have noticed a feature of the Jetwing Group is the availability of the senior management they are out and about not hiding in their office. Will certainly use this hotel again.

Room Tip: bedrooms are located in single or two storey buildings resulting in all rooms being of the same qual...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank RAYMOND W
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lagoon, responded to this review, 23 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon and thank you for taking the time to write about your experience following your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor.

We were delighted to read that you and your family enjoyed your 2 week stay Jetwing Lagoon. Thank you for admiring the resort, the rooms and the beautifully landscaped gardens. You might pleased to know that the swimming pool is the longest straight pool found in the entire west coast of Sri Lanka and has a length of 100 meters.

We also would like to take this opportunity to thank you for your compliments made on the variety and selection of food. Your sentiments you have expressed in regards to our associates are truly appreciated and I have taken the liberty to pass them to the entire team.

Thank you once again for choosing Jetwing Lagoon to spend your long holiday, we are grateful to you for this review and we hope that we will be able to welcome you all back to enjoy yet another stay at the resort.

Washington Crossing, Pennsylvania
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 March 2014

Very nice hotel in a very nice seaside spot.Very friendly staff very nicely appointed rooms.I was upgraded on my 2nd day to a nice suite.Only one restaurant quite nice but need more choices and better food to be counted very good.Rooms were very nice but again need better lighting switches for ease of use.There were no master switches near the bed so you had to get up to turn all the lights off or on and from different places.Used the spa .Massage was good but need to smoothen the working and responses.There was no comb in the spa and people were not responsible enough to call in case of a worker did not come.It is a very nice hotel and can be a 5 star property with little tweeks.Took an hour boat ride to the Mangroves and was very good.Nothing Much in the town of Negombo.

Room Tip: All rooms are nice.Make sure there are no parties going on before choosing a suite as these are grea...
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon and thank you for taking the time to write a review following your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor.

Thank you for admiring the resort and we were very pleased to learn that you enjoyed the hospitality of our associates to whom I have taken the liberty to pass on your sentiments.

We appreciate the feedback and suggestions made on the room lighting, the choices offered on the menu and the spa. I have discussed these comments with my teams and rest assured that we will work towards improving these areas as soon as possible.

Thank you once again for bringing those points to our attention, and for choosing Jetwing Lagoon to spend your holiday. We hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back again to enjoy an even better stay at the resort.

England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 March 2014

I visited this hotel for three nights with my mother and brother in July 2013. We booked a double room and were incredibly surprised to be upgraded on our arrival through no request of our own. I can only asume this was due to it being monsoon season so the hotel was quiet and quite new. Great touch though from management and much appreciated! We were given a suite room with a separate bedroom, huge bed, lounge and stunning bathroom with huge jacuzzi bath and vbery large separate shower. I have never stayed in a more luxurious room. We also had welcome fruit and chocolate cake, a private balcony overlooking to lagoon and a private butler. We couldn't believe our luck. My mother and brother had to leave after one night and I was a little apprehensive staying on my own but had no worries, I was looked after by all the staff who took the time to talk to me about my stay and the manager himself visited when I was in the restaurant to check I was satisfied. The staff were amazing, could not do enough for you and were so helpful. I enjoyed a spa treatment although felt the prices could be a little lower but thoroughly enjoyed the experience. The food was gorgeous in the restaurant and I could've eaten most of the menu! The suite was incredible and I didn't want to leave. I had the most amazingly relaxing few days and I would not hesitate at all in recommending this place. Thank you so much to the management for their kind upgrade and all the service offered, they are certaintly doing something right and I was thoroughly impressed! Great venue for weddings or pre/post airport stays, such a lovely hotel and as I say I cannot thank the management enough, superb customer service.

Room Tip: We stayed in the suite overlooking the lagoon, you won't be disappointed! Amazing!!!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Klock12
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Lagoon, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Lagoon and thank you for taking the time to write a review of your stay at the resort on Trip Advisor following your stay in July 2013.

We were very pleased to learn that you and the members of your family enjoyed the stay at Jetwing Lagoon.

Thank you for all the kind words and compliments made on the accommodation, the food and our associates. It was really pleasing to learn that you enjoyed your stay and I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team which was very pleased to hear about the feedback.

Thank you once again for choosing Jetwing Lagoon, and we hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Jetwing Lagoon