Hotel was pre-booked with Brtish Airways for two nights, which was actually cheaper then the Jetwing Website. I also booked the airport-hotel transfer. This made the arrival very easy no hassel at the airport just find the man with my name on his sign. It only took about 20 - 30 minutes to get to the hotel which is about 15 km away. I could relax and watch the sights go bye.
Check in was fast and efficient and I was soon in my room on the second floor overlooking the pool and beach in no time. Room was a good size with a glass sided bathroom, as Asians seem so keen on.
Bed was Ok but lacked the extreme comfort of the Hilton of two nights before. Air conditioning was important to keep the room cool but it was quiet so not too intrusive too effect your sleeping.
Bathroom was a good size with large bath tub and walk in "rainfall" shower. The lotions and soap etc in the bathroom were in lovely brown pots, unfortunately when you used them they became very slippery and broke easily when they hit the floor with leaving sharpe bits to clean up!!!
The Spa was fantastic and really went out of the way to give good service, as did everyone in the hotel in fact.
Buffet breakfast downstairs in the mornnig had a good selectgion of Western adn Asian options with all the food covered with little nets to keep the flys off, good hygiene!!.
Many options for lunch, either snacks at the pool/beach bar, or a fuller type meal in the hotel. Buffer dinner most nights or other options available. Although there for 3 nights did not actally step out of the "front of the hotel onto the street, so don't know what this area was like. THe beach is long and good for evening walks while the sun goes down
Hotel right on the beach so within 25 to 50 M you are on the beach. However, when I was there at the beginning the wind was too high to swim safely, due to a strong riptide, but there where warning flags. Stopped here for the last night before the flight back to the UK and it was safe to swim then. Bits of rubbish on the beach, plastic bottles and bags, but generally clean.
The trip from the airport to Colombo or the South has recenly been made easier with the opening the the airport to Colombo motorway. However, there is a small bit in the middle of "normal" roads before you can join the Southern expressway so it still takes time to go south.
Would I stay there again, yes great to "let yourself into" Sri Lanka or to think about home at the end. Staff are very friendly and helpful, all speak reasonable English.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the rhythmic sounds of the sea, Jetwing Beach lies near the golden sands of the resort town of Negombo, basking in the glorious tropical sunshine of this island paradise. Incorporating a unique blend of space and style in its design, this inimitably charming hotel is ideal for a fun family holiday or an intimate couples retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, LoveHolidays, Holiday Gems, Hotels.com, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Jetwing Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Beach Negombo
- Jetwing Beach Hotel Negombo
- The Beach Negombo
- Beach Hotel Sri Lanka
- Beach Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Beach Sri Lanka/Negombo