I stayed here in November to recover from the trip from UK before setting off into the interior for a volunteer holiday in very basic accommodation. The Geoffrey Bawa designed building is a delight with large airy reception, huge comfortable well equipped room with shaded balcony overlooking the sea and giant bath. The pool is nicely landscaped and a decent size, while the outside bar is shady and tranquil (excepting the squawking crows, an inevitability in these parts that you soon get used to).
Service was excellent, with a prearranged taxi from the airport and again the next morning (at 5am!) to get me to Colombo Fort for 6am for the start of my trek. Now the expressway is open this is a max 1 hour ride including traffic at the Colombo end, but I did have to remind the driver to use it as it's not in their DNA yet!
As always in Sri Lanka, the light bulbs are rather dim (albeit eco-friendly, which is a theme of the hotel) and there's a slightly damp air to everything. Also the air con is noisy but as it runs automatically when you're not in the room, you can easily have it off when you are and not suffer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Surrounded by the rhythmic sounds of the sea, Jetwing Beach lies near the golden sands of the resort town of Negombo, basking in the glorious tropical sunshine of this island paradise. Incorporating a unique blend of space and style in its design, this inimitably charming hotel is ideal for a fun family holiday or an intimate couples retreat. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Agoda, Odigeo, Hotels.com, HotelQuickly and Ebookers so you can book your Jetwing Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Jetwing Beach Negombo
- Jetwing Beach Hotel Negombo
- The Beach Negombo
- Beach Hotel Sri Lanka
- Beach Hotel Negombo
- Jetwing Beach Sri Lanka/Negombo