“Pensioners' 5*” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #5 of 42 Hotels in Negombo
Cairns, Australia
“Pensioners' 5*”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were upgraded to a suite - which was so fabulous. The hotel is in a lovely location. We had guest cocktails in the lobby which were authentic cocktails not the mixture of very sweet fruit juice with a whiff of alcohol. The buffet dinner was very tasty but lukewarm. I woke up this morning to look out on the dawn sight of a fleet of fishing boats under sail heading out. I had a lovely swim in the beautiful pool, followed by a brilliant buffet breakfast - so much choice it was hard not to gorge! The staff from arrival to departure including the restaurant were impeccable. A wonderful start to our Sri Lankan experience.

Room Tip: The suites on the top floor are wonderful. I'm not sure about any of the other rooms and, as we...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Lynda T
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

It was a pleasure to note your compliments and we were pleased to note that you had a wonderful vacation with us and were pleased with the product and personalized service from our associates.

We have shared your compliments with the entire team and the associates were equally happy that their efforts were well recognized.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time to give you another memorable experience at Jetwing Beach or our sister hotel Jetwing Blue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

Hyacinth Gunawardena

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (337)
  • Arabic first
  • Hungarian first
  • Polish first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Was on a three night stay with family. I must say that the staff in all departments were excellent in service delivery. They exceeded my expectations. Stayed at a Deluxe room, which was worth the money. At the restaurant they were always attentive to our needs ( Including my mom who was sick ). A big Thank you to all the saff lead by the Assistant Manager Mr. Shariz Samsudeen. I will visit and stay at the hotel and would recommend it to all locals and foreigners alike.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Myself and my team were extremely delighted to know that you and your family had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, the attentive service of our dedicated team and the leadership of the hotel Assistant Manager Shariz Samsudeen.

It would be our pleasure having you back with us for another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

Colombo, Sri Lanka
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at Jetwing Beach for two nights. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff at reception were fantastic. Having said that a welcome drink and cold towel would have been nice. The Deluxe Rooms are nice, the beds are extremely comfy and it comes with a good sized bath tub. The room had all the amenities you would need.

The jetwing Spa is fabulous, we got Swedish Massages and i can honestly say it was one of the best massages i have had (very reasonably priced also).

The Food was good, better on the days there were a buffet, however the hotel was not full and A la carte wasnt bad.

Loved the sun beds and the shade as the natural vegetation was very well maintained.

Overall a good experience! props to the staff for being so friendly and accommodating!

Room Tip: Go for the Suites they look amazing! try and get it on room rush its a bargain!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just finishing up two very nice nights at the Jetwing Beach. My room was great - very spacious with a large bed and balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. Big bathtub and shower (separate) with nice sink & toilet. Comfortable chair and foot stool/table. There was also a simple desk. Big closet with ironing board and iron (not always standard in South Asia). The breakfast and lunch buffets were delicious with tons of options for every taste. Since I was here for work I did not get much time to explore the facilities - sadly, I didn't even dip my toe in the pool or ocean. As others noted, the wifi was very weak and my connection dropped repeatedly each day which was frustrating. I have not stayed at other beach resorts so I can't compare but this was good enough for me! Relatively close to the airport (<30 min) and under an hour to downtown Colombo. On a final note, the hotel is pretty "green" - the water bottles in the rooms and conference rooms are all glass that they re-use. There is a sticker on the shower door telling you how many liters of water are used per minute with the shower. I liked that they seemed conscientious.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were enchanted to read that you were pleased with the room we had allocated for you and the service of our committed team.

However we were concern to note the WIFI issue and you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of rectifying this matter with the service provider.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jetwing Blue and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance.

New Delhi, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Hotel location is simply superb. Just facing the sea. Rooms are big and clean. Bathroom is jumbo size. We had an extra bed in the room as well - although not requested. But still the room had too much space. We had a room on ground floor with immediate access to pools and beach. The restaurant area is simply great overlooking the sands and beach. The pools are a class apart. The hotel has some 3 pools or so. Beach is just a few meters away from the room. The locale is beautiful and there is complete sernity in the atmosphere. Perfect Honymoon / holiday destination. Food spread is quite lavish. Mostly Indian taste with some local touch. Staff is extremely friendly and courteous. Service is good and prompt. Only sad point was the Wi-Fi connection. While they have many Wi-Fi zones, it does not work at many places specially in our room. There is a hotel next door Jetwing Blue. Both belong to same group and are equally good. A perfect stay and holiday destination

Room Tip: Look for a room on the ground floor near the pool.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable vacation with us and were pleased with the product and the personalized service of our team. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities at Jetwing hotels and it is gratifying to receive such praise from our valued customers.

However we were concern to note the WIFI issues and you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of rectifying this shortfall with the service provider.

Your kind words of praise are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time to give you another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

London, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 May 2014

Stunning setting, good food and helpful staff. On the downside, the Wi-fi was patchy and kept falling over (I was there for business so it was a bit of an issue for me) and the hot water was unreliable. A lovely spacious room and very comfortable bed but in need of refurbishment. Sadly, I didn't get to use the pools but they looked truly wonderful.

Room Tip: Pay more for a room away from the road. And take an eye mask if the light wakens you as the blinds...
Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

Please seriously improve the following:
1. WiFi : not working at all for 2 out of 5 days during my stay. Front desk staff only told me the wifi had been reset when asked but lacking in follow up to ensure the service had been restored.
2. Went to walk to the beach in front of the hotel on Monday morning for the first and last time. Beach line was full of trash such as empty cans, plastics and such. Horrendous!!
3. Some breakfast staffs did not smile when I came down to eat and on Friday morning she forgot to bring my tea. Room service staff who delivered my dinner also failed to smile. My fish and Chips order on Friday came without the tartar sauce!!

• Stayed May 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit with us.

We have taken note of your constructive feedback on the areas of service standards and have addressed them with the related managers to ensure that necessary corrective measures are taken accordingly to improve and avoid similar reoccurrence.

Your feedback is greatly valued and we do thank you for sharing it with us. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Negombo.