“Not our cup of tea!”
Review of Jetwing Beach

Jetwing Beach
Ranked #6 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 7 June 2014

This hotel caters for families who want a typical beach holiday in a hot country, resulting in lots of noise and children everywhere...but to be fair that seems to be their market. We used it to be near the airport ready for an early morning departure.

Nice large bedroom & en-suite with a comfortable bed overlooking the beach & sea. Much noise from other guests late at night

Very confusing messages about green environmental policies - the company proclaims to be very aware of these issues and then puts a huge bath which takes about 20 minutes to fill with warm water!

Breakfast was disappointing. The omelette chef was using the same utensils to put meat & non meat items in the omelette resulting in meat ending up in my vegetarian meal. Not what I expected from Jet Wings. Staff seemed totally uninterested when I pointed it out.

The waiter who looked after us on our final early morning breakfast was great though.

Negombo was a low point of our holiday. Loud Western music blasting out of "British" pubs and Europeans getting drunk. Fish & Chips and burgers replaced traditional food.Prices in shops seemed much higher than in the rest of the country. A rotten end to a great time in the country

Discerning travellers best avoid!

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank lindale
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 16 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in April 2014.

We were delighted to know that you were pleased with the room we had allocated for you and the service of our team at the restaurant. We have however taken note of your very valid observation on the breakfast buffet and we have addressed this issue with our Executive Chef for immediate rectification. Thank you for pointing this matter to our attention.

It is correct that the Negombo strip has some restaurants and bars catering to a certain market but Negombo has a lot more to offer culturally, historically and traditionally Sri Lankan. This includes the traditional fish market, the typical harbor with colorful fishing boats, the Negombo fort, the varied religious sites, the boat rides in the surrounding canals and lagoon through the mangroves, the sail catamarans heading to the sea for fishing and many more possibilities to discover this part of Sri Lanka.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for sharing your valuable feedback. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance for any future visit to Negombo and I would e more than happy to tailor a program to suit our needs.

There are newer reviews for Jetwing Beach

Reviewed 6 June 2014

Returned on 2nd June following another amazing holiday at Jetwing Beach. Staff are wonderful and nothing is too much trouble. Food was excellent as usual and two dishes were especially prepared for us by the Chef. Cannot wait to return

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank buster050

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

As a regular guest to Jetwing Beach we were more than pleased to note that you enjoyed your stay with I will take this opportunity to thank you for your words of praise on the product and service rendered throughout your stay.

We were pleased to note that you will be returning to stay with us on your next vacation to Sri Lanka and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next holiday at Jetwing Beach.

Reviewed 5 June 2014

We were upgraded to a suite - which was so fabulous. The hotel is in a lovely location. We had guest cocktails in the lobby which were authentic cocktails not the mixture of very sweet fruit juice with a whiff of alcohol. The buffet dinner was very tasty but lukewarm. I woke up this morning to look out on the dawn sight of a fleet of fishing boats under sail heading out. I had a lovely swim in the beautiful pool, followed by a brilliant buffet breakfast - so much choice it was hard not to gorge! The staff from arrival to departure including the restaurant were impeccable. A wonderful start to our Sri Lankan experience.

Room Tip: The suites on the top floor are wonderful. I'm not sure about any of the other rooms and, as we...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lynda T

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

It was a pleasure to note your compliments and we were pleased to note that you had a wonderful vacation with us and were pleased with the product and personalized service from our associates.

We have shared your compliments with the entire team and the associates were equally happy that their efforts were well recognized.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time to give you another memorable experience at Jetwing Beach or our sister hotel Jetwing Blue. Please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 5 June 2014 via mobile

Was on a three night stay with family. I must say that the staff in all departments were excellent in service delivery. They exceeded my expectations. Stayed at a Deluxe room, which was worth the money. At the restaurant they were always attentive to our needs ( Including my mom who was sick ). A big Thank you to all the saff lead by the Assistant Manager Mr. Shariz Samsudeen. I will visit and stay at the hotel and would recommend it to all locals and foreigners alike.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Beach in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Myself and my team were extremely delighted to know that you and your family had an excellent stay with us and that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel, the attentive service of our dedicated team and the leadership of the hotel Assistant Manager Shariz Samsudeen.

It would be our pleasure having you back with us for another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.

Reviewed 3 June 2014

We stayed at Jetwing Beach for two nights. Check in was quick and efficient and the staff at reception were fantastic. Having said that a welcome drink and cold towel would have been nice. The Deluxe Rooms are nice, the beds are extremely comfy and it comes with a good sized bath tub. The room had all the amenities you would need.

The jetwing Spa is fabulous, we got Swedish Massages and i can honestly say it was one of the best massages i have had (very reasonably priced also).

The Food was good, better on the days there were a buffet, however the hotel was not full and A la carte wasnt bad.

Loved the sun beds and the shade as the natural vegetation was very well maintained.

Overall a good experience! props to the staff for being so friendly and accommodating!

Room Tip: Go for the Suites they look amazing! try and get it on room rush its a bargain!
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 May 2014

Just finishing up two very nice nights at the Jetwing Beach. My room was great - very spacious with a large bed and balcony overlooking the pool and ocean. Big bathtub and shower (separate) with nice sink & toilet. Comfortable chair and foot stool/table. There was also a simple desk. Big closet with ironing board and iron (not always standard in South Asia). The breakfast and lunch buffets were delicious with tons of options for every taste. Since I was here for work I did not get much time to explore the facilities - sadly, I didn't even dip my toe in the pool or ocean. As others noted, the wifi was very weak and my connection dropped repeatedly each day which was frustrating. I have not stayed at other beach resorts so I can't compare but this was good enough for me! Relatively close to the airport (<30 min) and under an hour to downtown Colombo. On a final note, the hotel is pretty "green" - the water bottles in the rooms and conference rooms are all glass that they re-use. There is a sticker on the shower door telling you how many liters of water are used per minute with the shower. I liked that they seemed conscientious.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 5 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were enchanted to read that you were pleased with the room we had allocated for you and the service of our committed team.

However we were concern to note the WIFI issue and you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of rectifying this matter with the service provider.

Once again thank you for staying with us and for your review. We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Jetwing Blue and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance.

Reviewed 27 May 2014

The Hotel location is simply superb. Just facing the sea. Rooms are big and clean. Bathroom is jumbo size. We had an extra bed in the room as well - although not requested. But still the room had too much space. We had a room on ground floor with immediate access to pools and beach. The restaurant area is simply great overlooking the sands and beach. The pools are a class apart. The hotel has some 3 pools or so. Beach is just a few meters away from the room. The locale is beautiful and there is complete sernity in the atmosphere. Perfect Honymoon / holiday destination. Food spread is quite lavish. Mostly Indian taste with some local touch. Staff is extremely friendly and courteous. Service is good and prompt. Only sad point was the Wi-Fi connection. While they have many Wi-Fi zones, it does not work at many places specially in our room. There is a hotel next door Jetwing Blue. Both belong to same group and are equally good. A perfect stay and holiday destination

Room Tip: Look for a room on the ground floor near the pool.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Dear Guest,

We were thrilled to read that you had an enjoyable vacation with us and were pleased with the product and the personalized service of our team. Customer care is amongst our highest priorities at Jetwing hotels and it is gratifying to receive such praise from our valued customers.

However we were concern to note the WIFI issues and you will be pleased to know that we are in the process of rectifying this shortfall with the service provider.

Your kind words of praise are greatly appreciated and it was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guests.

It would be great having you back with us for a longer time to give you another memorable experience and please do not hesitate to contact me if I could be of any assistance in planning your next trip to Sri Lanka.