“Absolutely Brilliant”
Review of Jetwing Blue

Ranked #9 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 14 November 2013

HAd the opportunity of experiencing excellent hospitality from the time I got off the car at the drive in till I left the hotel. This made my stay pleasant in more ways than one.
The demeanor and professionalism by all the staff is highly commended. The room was comfortable and the food was brilliant.
Special mention to Mr.Sahman for his service .
Location of the hotel is great too.

Room Tip: Get the rooms on the ground floor next to the pool.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 28 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a very pleasant review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

We greatly appreciate your loyalty towards our property and we were glad to read that you and your family enjoyed your experience with us. It is really rewarding to know that we were able to exceed your expectations on your stay with us and nice to know that you found the service and facilities, particularly the room, the food and the personalized service of our team to be of high standards .

All your kind comments are truly appreciated and have been shared with the entire team. It was indeed our pleasure to have you as our guest.

Thank you once again for your precious review and we look forward to having you back with us for another unforgettable holiday with us. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 13 November 2013

We (5 of us) were on a friends trip to SL and this was our last leg of the trip (one night). We got booked in Jetwing Blue since the other Jetwing hotel didn't have enough rooms. And can I say were we glad we didn't find rooms in the other hotel! This hotel is absolutely magical, one of the best hotels we have stayed at. The entrance of the hotel itself is so captivating. The rooms were massive with a gorgeous view of the pool & the beach. The beds were extremely comfortable. The bathrooms had glass partition with blinds that offered privacy. This would be a great room for a couple. The pool & the beach were amazing as well. We had a great time at Jetwing and wished we had one more day to spend there.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a splendid review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were truly delighted to read from your review that you and your friends enjoyed your stay with us and were extremely pleased with the personalized service and facilities we have on offer.

Customer care is amongst our priority in Jetwing hotels and it is rewarding to receive such praise. Your compliments are highly appreciated and will be shared with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your kind review and we look forward to having you back with us for another unforgettable holiday. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 11 November 2013

Happened to drop at this mesmerizing venue for dinner with a couple of friends last Sunday. Overlooking the captivating beach, in the restaurant you got superb food in this place that kindles up all a million odd taste buds in one damn feast. To top that was the warm and courteous service of the very hospitable waitress. There were smiles, smiles and smiles from all the staff. Truly homely .

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your magnificent review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

Myself, the executive Chef and his brigade together with the entire team were more than happy that you felt you were “at home away from home” while dining with us and that you were pleased with the food on offer.

Thank you once again for your amazing compliments and we look forward to having you back with us for a wonderful stay or a delicious meal at Jetwing Blue, Café J or in one of our sister hotels in Negombo, where you will enjoy the food and the service of our dedicated associates. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to us.

Reviewed 10 November 2013

My experience was limited to a stay of around nine hours in November 2013 (early afternoon to evening) courtesy of SriLankan Airlines who put up business class passengers with long transit times. There were several of us, but we were all shunted off to different hotels. I believe I got the poor end of the bargain.

Firstly, the hotel is located right on the beach, around 10 - 15 minutes drive from the airport. The neighbourhood is not a tourist enclave, but appeared to be a local residential and commercial area. First impressions were positive, I was welcomed and after presenting my airline chit to the receptionist, was directed to sit down while my details were processed. In the meantime, cold drinks and towels were handed out - very nice touch on that humid afternoon. While sitting there, I observed that the clientele appeared to be mostly Asian and European holiday-makers.

I was then escorted to my first floor room by the same receptionist. I must admit that after stepping out of the lift and walking along the corridor, the impression I got of the interior was very spartan - think heavy timber doors and whitewashed stucco walls. The room itself was of a similar aesthetic with deep blue floor tiles, whitewashed stucco walls and rough timber finish. But it was a revelation: quite simply the biggest ever standard hotel room I have seen in two years of constant travel. Imagine a space three times the size of your average room and you get the idea! It was a double bed room with plenty of cupboard space, mini-bar, room service menus, bath robes, and was equipped with both aircon and (noisy) ceiling fan. The full height glass windows and doors all afford excellent views of the palm fringed beach and crashing waves beyond. I don't think its a swimmers' beach, but the view and sound are very nice indeed.

The bathroom was a glassed off area in the corner away from the balcony. It had blinds for privacy, which you could draw up to enjoy oceanfront views while bathing. Shower stall was separate. Whilst the bath linen was good, the toiletries were not so great. Shower gel, shampoo and conditioner were from refillable ceramic pots. Nothing wrong with that arrangement, but they all contained the same blue-coloured heavily chemical smelling liquid. I prefer the option of small individual toiletries; at least you know whats what. Another point of irritation was that the bathroom floor had been swept, but not mopped clean.

In the main room, the vast space made for generous arrangement of furniture: there was a full size desk, sofa and more than enough space for a large ottoman at the foot of the beds. Everywhere was festooned with cushions. Having settled into bed - which was perfectly comfortable - I tried to watch TV. But to no avail; there was no life in the TV whatsoever. Normally I would call reception for a technician, but quite frankly with just a few hours, was it really worth it? Probably not, but at least wi-fi was free. Think again - the speed could only be described as glacial, so I gave up and turned that off too.

I cannot comment on the quality of the restaurants or any other facilities on offer due to my short time there, so I have restricted my observations to the room itself.

After a few hours rest I checked out just before 10PM. To my shock, the receptionist (not the same one from the afternoon) presented me with a bill for the room and dinner! I explained that I was a guest of the airline and that moreover, I did not even have dinner, to which his colleague asked if I was sure!? After several minutes of to and fro, in which that ridiculous question was repeated again, the receptionist said he 'would check'. After ten more minutes he said I had I had no bill to pay and was free to go. No apologies. All throughout there were no smiles to be had.....

That incident all but wiped out any positive views I had of the hotel which was mostly engendered by the huge size of the room; despite its obvious little faults. To be sure, this hotel certainly has potential, but several in-room details have to be addressed, to say nothing of staff training. It gives me no joy after several years of constant travel to give this hotel my first ever 1* (terrible) rating.

PROS: Massive room. Absolute beachfront location. Close to airport.
CONS: TV and wi-fi non-functional. Low quality toiletries. Bathroom floor dirty. Unfriendly and uninformed receptionists.

PS: For what its worth on the drive back to the airport my assigned airline driver said I should stay in a Colombo hotel next time. He recommended two establishments. I asked why? He simply said "this is not a good area". And I never told him what happened at the hotel either..........

If my report helped in your decision-making, then please take the time to click the "was this report helpful?" button located below. This is the only feedback I receive from you, and I fully appreciate your acknowledgement, dear reader.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled solo
19  Thank ExLibris76

Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to post your constructive feedback on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us on your transit in Sri Lanka.

We appreciate your feedback on our product and service and we were delighted to read that you enjoyed the room we had allocated you and impressed with our arrival procedures.

While we aim to provide an exemplary and memorable stay for each of our guests, we also understand that our property and style might not fit the ideal of each of our guest. We very much regretted to read that certain areas fell short of your expectation.

We would like to extend our apologies for the billing inaccuracy and the attitude of the receptionist on duty on your check-out. This is something which should not have happened and thank you for bringing up this matter to my attention, so corrective measure can be taken.

We have always been proud of Negombo as it gives easy excess to the International Airport and other interesting places in Sri Lanka.

It is possible that the driver who drove you back to the Airport was not aware of the city or is may be lacking knowledge and information as Negombo certainly does not fit with a comment such “this is not a good area” in any sense of the term.

Please rest assured that the areas for improvement you mentioned have been taken on board positively and rectifications to improve where possible have already started with the team and will be on going.

Thanking you once again for assisting us in correcting some of our shortfalls, please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 5 November 2013

First visit to Sri lanka, and the hotel was a dream. The location, clean beach, expansive grounds, ambience, and pool were just fantastic. The food and breakfast layout were excellent.
The local area is great for eating and shopping, locals are friendly.
BUT:

The service was too laid back for the cost of the rooms. (£150/night) Casual service for tea and coffee at breakfast, very slow pool service, and they chose to clean the pool, at a prime time when guests wanted to swim. Probably fine for people here for a week, but we had limited time and did not get to make the most of it.
We had a massage in the evening, both my husband and I found the ambience to be perfect, but the therapists seemed to wish they were somewhere else, a very half hearted massage, and the technique was awful... I did not feel relaxed and was actually in pain at one point. There was alot of noise in reception, and I had to ask three times before the masseuse finally went out to ask them to keep the noise down. I wast of £50 - dont bother, its not Thailand or the Maldives. Lots of room for improvement before the customer service matches other Islands.Its a shame...

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank sparkle061

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We were delighted to note that you were pleased with the breakfast layout, the location of the resort, the pool and the shopping facilities in the locality.

On the other hand we do sincerely apologize for having given you cause for disappointment and we are truly sorry that your experience was not up to your full expectations in certain areas.

Please let me assure you that we take all our guest comments very seriously and I have personally instructed the related department heads and the training manager for immediate action and improvement on the areas you mentioned. I personally had a review with the therapists from the Spa centre to address the points you brought up to my attention.

Thank you once again for your valuable feedback and we look forward to having you back with us. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

We have just spent a week at Jetwing Blue and it was fabulous,from the excellent service,fabulous food and great location,it was an amazing family holiday. The hotel was spotless,our room large with a great view, and all the staff were friendly,efficient and always on hand to assist. Great local restaurants and the only problem was the difficult choice of eating out or at the hotel. Plenty to do for a week but could have stayed longer. Would highly recommend a visit and will definitely be back

Room Tip: We were upgraded to a superior deluxe,very impressed,
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Teresa C

Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Jetwing Blue in Negombo Sri Lanka.

The entire team was delighted to know that you and your family were pleased with the personalized service and the product available at our resort.

It was wonderful to know that you all found the hotel to be clean, well maintained and with a good choice of restaurants. We were thrilled to know that you were impressed with the room we had allocated for you.

Thank you once again for your fabulous review and we look forward to having you back with us for another memorable holiday. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 3 November 2013

Not far from the international airport (Colombo) thankfully and a refreshing step in paradise.
Walk through to the beach
Cold towels and drinks on arrival and a seamless checkin to a spacious room overlooking the pool and ocean.
A one-night stay but would happily stay longer and totally recommend.
The roads are chaotic and didn't seem to be much around locally in so far as shops or restaurants. Road also noisy so make sure your room faces the sea

Room Tip: Request an upper floor with pool view.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Garth O

Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting a review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

It was a pleasure to read from that you enjoyed your overall stay with us and we were pleased to learn that you appreciated the dedicated service of our associates as well as the facilities and product we have on offer. We were also glad that you were fascinated with our warm welcome at the reception on your arrival.

All your kind words of appreciation are greatly appreciated and I will not miss to share them with the entire team.

Thank you once again for your wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.