“Blueeee”
Review of Jetwing Blue

Ranked #9 of 42 Hotels in Negombo
“Blueeee”
Reviewed 28 February 2014

Stayed here on october 2013. Very good hospitality and great food. I stayed in the third floor room. Room faced directly to pool and indian ocean. Sadly view of the ocean is blocked by coconut trees. Otherwise it is a great place.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay in October 2013 at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were glad to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and that you appreciated the sea view from your room. We noted your comment in regards to the line of coconut tree and this serves as a good reminder for is to trim some of the branches as appropriate.

Thank you once again for your feedback and we look forward to having you back with us for another memorable holiday. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Jetwing Blue

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (308)
  • Arabic first
  • Serbian first
  • Turkish first
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 26 February 2014

After lot of travel over the last 7-8 years, I just could not find a negative point about the Jetwing Blue Resort..... Fantastic service, clean and spacious rooms, well spread breakfast, lunch, dinner and a beautiful swimming pool. The view from the rooms is amazing. My business trip was short for 3 days, but truly it was Hospitality at its best.......

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your stay in July 2013 at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

It was wonderful to read that you enjoyed your stay with us and we were more than happy to note that you appreciated every aspect of the hotel including the views of the Indian ocean, the swimming pool, the food and especially the personalized service rendered to you by our enthusiastic team.

We have shared your compliments with the entire team as such feedback helps in motivating all of us in doing what we enjoy doing, taking care of our guests.

Perth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

Stayed at the Blue and Beach during a months business attachment in Negombo. The Blue is a lovely spacious hotel with well sized rooms and some terrific views of the beach and ocean. First room was a Deluxe on the ground floor overlooking the garden, great size, well serviced and a patio leading to the grass and then beach. Next room was a Super Deluxe on the second floor which had unit erupted views over the Ocean and was even larger although on the same design. Everything worked in the rooms, A/C took the temperature down to 18c and the cleaning was spot on every day. Staff in the hotel are friendly, cheerful and personal which is a change from the plastic smiles we sometimes get in Europe. Especial praise goes to Mekuna our account manager who made our trip special by dealing with any issue that occurred in an efficient and pleasant manner, outstanding service. All staff at the hotel were attentive and caring from the porters at the front door through to laundry staff I could not have asked for better. Meals were varied and of a good quality especially the multi choice breakfast. The beach cafe at Centre Point is also worth a trip for lunch or dinner where it serves the most wonderful prawn dishes. When I return I shall to be accommodated at the Jetwing Blue.

Room Tip: Super Deluxe are a bit more expensive but they are much larger.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your compliments on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.

We were very pleased to read that you had a pleasant stay with us and that you basically enjoyed all the services and products we have on offer at the hotel.

We have shared your marvelous compliments with the entire team, especially Menuka feedback such as yours serves as an encouragement to all of us and a reward for a ‘job well-done’ for some.

We look forward to having you back with us on your next trip to Sri Lanka and please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Booked this hotel through agoda and had a suite. The view was lovely over the beach and the sea. However the room did smell of sewerage a lot and we had to get staff to deal with it on a number of occasions. Food is pretty poor. It really is just a 'package holiday' hotel and not what I generally got for! There are lots of weddings and the one on the beach the night before we left went onto 11pm, very loud music. We had to be up at 4am to leave for airport the next morning. Booked a car through the hotel and it turned up really late, we just made check in at the airport and no more!!

I am really not sure I would go back to Negombo but defo not back to this hotel!!

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Paul-Cup-Scotland
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this review, 27 February 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent visit with us.

We were pleased to note that you enjoyed your room and the view of the Indian Ocean.

However, We were concerned to read about your unfortunate experiences and please accept our honest apologies for the inconvenience it caused during your stay with us.
Your comment on the smell in the room has been taken up with the department concerned to assess the eventual problem and rectify it as appropriate.

We hope this will deter you from visiting us gain and we look forward to having you back with us on your next holiday to Sri Lanka. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Seaford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 23 February 2014

I travelled to Sri Lanka with my Dad and Brother , it was our first time in this country. Everybody in the hotel was exceptionally friendly and couldn't do enough for you, I couldn't fault the customer service in any part of the hotel. The beach and pool areas where clean and never a problem to get as sunbed. The only fault is I could have done with some entertainment in the evenings. We went on a few trips which where at least 3 hours each way, but worth while. We used the spa which was also good. Free WiFi in all parts of the hotel which was a bonus. We ate in the restaurant every day and all food was cooked and presented to a very high standard, it also made a change to be offered buffet and set menu choices as a full board option. The rooms could have been smarter and modernised but this wasn't a real problem because everything else made up for this.

Room Tip: all of the rooms have the street to the front and beach view to the back, but no noise once in your...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka

We at Jetwing Hotels always take constant effort to create a relaxing environment and offer efficient, warm and personalized service to our guests.

It was wonderful to note that you enjoyed every aspect of the hotel and we were delighted to read that you appreciated the location, the spa treatments, the food on offer and the service of our associates.

It is always good to know that our guests left our hotel completely satisfied, as it is what we strive for in Jetwing hotels. We have shared your compliments with the entire team and they were equally happy to learn that you had a pleasant holiday with us.

Thank you once again for your encouraging feedback and we look forward to having you back with us. Please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any ways in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

Reviewed 22 February 2014 via mobile

Beautiful hotel right on the beach. Some rooms though have obscured sea views because of trees. Rooms are large and spacious with beautiful furniture. But..... The noise from guests is horrendous. Rooms not insulated so you hear all noise. Corridors are roughly cement covered so wheeled cases sound like a mini thunderstorm is happening. I had my worst nights sleep from guests coming and going at all hours. Staff in restaurant need proper supervision the supervisors are hanging about gossiping. I asked 4 times before I got a coffee, plates were left on table. I had a steak in the evening for dinger which was like a piece of old rubber when I told waiter he just looked at me and took my plate away. I still had to pay for the steak which was on a very expensive seafood plater which had over cooked fish. The restaurant and waiters let this hotel down and they should invest in carpet in corridors to reduce noise and signs to remind guests to keep house down. Two things which let down and stunning hotel with an enviable location.

Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Blue, responded to this review, 10 March 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

Our team was delighted to note that you enjoyed your room we allocated for you.

However, we were truly concerned to read about your experiences in term of the level of service and the quality of food you received from the restaurant. Please accept our sincere apologies for the disappointing experiences and I have personally investigated this issues with the Executive Chef and the F&B team in order to take remedial actions.

Rest assured that we provide continuous training to all our associates and we always place our guest’s satisfaction at the top of our priorities. Your constructive feedback serves as a reminder that we need to keep on working in the areas you mentioned.

Thank you once again for bringing those points to my attention and please feel free to contact me if I may be of service in any way in planning your next visit to Jetwing Blue.

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 21 February 2014

The hotel is close to the airport, the room I stayed was facing an amazing pool and it was the only thing separating myself from the beach. Quite a view to wake up in the morning. The room was big, nice and clean as expected from a 5 * hotel, nice bathroom only with glass separating it from the room. Staff is very friendly and as I was travelling alone this was great as it is always nice to chat a bit with locals. Breakfast is really good with all you can imagine, I also did a massage at the spa. I am used to do massages everywhere I travel to and I this one was very good. Also you have a mini Tesco just in front of the hotel what is quite convenient. Also few little stores with art-craft. Just few steps away you can find a delicious and cosy restaurant called Lords. Make sure you have dinner there and also read about its history. After reading it you will feel like sponsoring a dog like a did. Near the hotel you can find few small travel agencies where you can organize a car to take you to another city or to the airport. I loved my staying at this hotel and hope to return to amazing Sri Lanka soon.

Room Tip: Try to stay in a room facing the pool and the sea.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Thelma M
Dear Guest,

Thank you for recommending us on Trip Advisor following your stay in October 2013 at Jetwing Blue Negombo Sri Lanka.
We were delighted to note that you enjoyed you stay with us and it was a pleasure to note that we met your expectations.

We do find that most of our guests enjoy our location as its near to the International Air port and in the close proximity of quite few places of interest in Negombo, ranging from cultural sites, religious edifices and natural beauties.

It is always good to know that our guests left our hotel completely satisfied, as it is what we strive for in Jewing hotels. We have shared your compliments with the entire team and they were equally happy to learn that you had an amazing holiday with us.