“Great hotel with friendly staff and tasty food!”

Catamaran Beach Hotel
Ranked #35 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 17 June 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Catamaran hotel for two nights, and then a couple of weeks later, for three nights, and we both had a really great time! LSR hotels are always up to standards and this was definitely a satisfying stay. We had wifi, clean room and bathrooms, a comfy bed (and room) always made up to satisfaction by the lovely hotel maids. The staff were excellent and we were so well taken care of. The food was amazing for all three meals of the day and we were happy to leave only because we were starting to put on weight at the buffet! Swimming pool was always clean and ready to go into after hot days of walking around in the area, which is quite safe and my husband and I found it was ok to walk at night as well. The hotel is located about 50m from the sea so we loved walking out to the shore and seeing sunsets, which were superb as it was the west coast. All in all, we had a great stay and would definitely recommend the Catamaran hotel!

Room Tip: Higher floors have really great views of the ocean and sunset/sunrise, as well as being quieter when...
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Lamia H
There are newer reviews for Catamaran Beach Hotel

Reviewed 21 May 2014

The first day we arrived we were taken to Catamaran Beach Hotel in Negombo, we arrived and waited to be checked in. Our room was at the far end closer to the swimming pool and beach. Just becareful when you go to the beach side, there are guys selling their wares and are willing to stand and stare at you for so long until you ignore them. The hotel is quite old and looks a bit run down. Our room was okay, at night before going to bed we used the toilet and it got stuck and couldn't be flushed. We called maintenance to fix it and they couldn't do anything, we had to change rooms, imagine you had travelled all the way there and we were planning to go to bed early instead we were lugging all our baggage and stuff to the new room. The new room was not good too, water in the sink was not going down and so was the water in the shower area. The food is okay and staff is friendly and helpful as well.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 23 April 2014

Srilankan Air Lines Transit hotel, our flight got cancelled, airline paid for our stay. Dinner buffet was pretty good with singer singing local songs in front of your table. Located in a business area, where you can buy teas, little gifts local fruits... close to the beach with nice view! Good hotel!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank phishinghan
Reviewed 11 April 2014

We had a good room, can't complain as many here. Food was good, staff as everywhere in Sri Lanka - happy faces, little english :) BUT beach was clean, nice outdoors outside the room, wifi, clean room and good bed, AC... so everything we needed. We found a turtle in the garden and a squeerel :) Good located, can walk outside to shops and bars...

Room Tip: our was a ground floor. Don't know if any others better or worse..
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 26 January 2014

Had an overnight layover here and was booked in by Sri Lankan airlines. Hotel is a but run down, but fine as a layover. I was bitten by bedbugs as the room was infested. I was moved to a second room in the early hours of the morning and promptly fell asleep as I was totally exhausted from travel. The hotel di not have a first aid box and I was take to the hospital the next morning as I had been bitten very badly and had had a severe reaction to the bites. The morning staff were more aware of the seriousness of the issue and a manger was called. He took me to the hospital and paid for the treatment, later they brought me a plate of fruit and asked if I would like anything specific to eat. I'm not sure , but I think they got a fright as the doctor at the hospital asked me to stay there as he was afraid that I would go anaphylactic shock and that I could die. A horrible experience as I spent the last day of my holiday in a drugged daze! Transfer to the hotel was terrible, we waited at the airport for over an hour. Food was varied and of a good quality. Be careful if you are booked into this hotel.

Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
5  Thank Michelle C
Reviewed 3 January 2014

We were booked here by Sri Lankan airlines after they delayed our flight for a day. It's about half an hour from the airport and 45-minutes from Colombo (if you take the highway). The staff was very helpful when I left my instrument in the transport van and then again the next day when we wanted to arrange a driver to take us into Colombo - though we're pretty sure they overcharged us for the day (USD$70 for the day).

The room (#14) was large but very institutional. Two beds with sheets but no blankets, lots of tile and a large bathroom (though there's no water pressure to speak of). Breakfast was great and the staff was, again, very helpful. We didn't stay for lunch. The beach is lovely but full of salesmen... my son and I went out there for a walk and spent the entire time saying, "no thank you" to the random people who approached us. We didn't use the swimming pool at all.

While we wouldn't pick this hotel ourselves it was just fine for a one-night stay.

Room Tip: 14 was near the main corridor and gathering area so if you're looking for a bit more quiet I wou...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank WestTXTravelGirl
Reviewed 15 December 2013

Beautiful location, close to the Airport. The hotel faces the ocean. This place seems to be a hot favourite for surfers. Saw many surfers there. Food is good. Rooms are cozy and relaxing. Nice clean bathroom.
Over all a nice experience.

• Stayed: August 2013