“Relaxing Time, Thank You”

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 26 August 2012

Just had a four day break here. It was lovely, when our taxi pulled in I was a bit concerned as the hotel is right on a busy road, but as soon as you walk through to the gardens it was so peaceful and green (quiet too). The Receptionh staff were so helpful, and we had a lot of questions as it was our first visit to Sri Lanka. Rooms beautiful, from the painted doors leading into your own private garden area, complete with your own pavilion area for any treatments you would like to take. My husband and I booked a massage, the therapists arrive at your pavilion, ands it is so relaxing.

Loved the rooms, large, vaulted wood ceiling, big beds with crisp cotton sheets.

Breakfast was OK, I believe there are only 12 rooms overall, so you get a more individual service.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank Denise S

Reviewed 14 July 2012

I had to spend Easter at Sri Lanka because of work and luckily I ended up to Ayuerveda Pavillions. It was refhreshing experience and really enchanged my well-being in many ways. I took the 3 day treatment and it did wonders to my health - which I thought was OK, but after only three days I realized how much better I cuold feel, if just taking better care of myself. Very professional, friendly and gentle people working both in treatment center and in hotel. Very beautifull place - and very nice room, restaurant was good and the pool was absolutely wonderfull - and the beach just accros the street. I fully recomend.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank TiinaS1
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your precious time to share your thoughts and experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read through your wonderful comments and that although your stay was very short, you had a refreshing and revitalizing experience in many ways. Our team is always dedicated to provide the maximum benefits of the treatments we offer our guests for a healthy life style and we will not miss to share these thoughts with our team.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future, to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your well being is our concern and we shall assure you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 6 July 2012

My husband and I came here as part of our multi trip honeymoon.The accommodation was amazing and the food was excellent. We stayed here for 7 days.There wasn't many guests,just us and another couple so it felt like our own private little hideaway.The chef would come out every day and speak to us and make sure we were more than catered for.Food was very healthy and tasty.Waiters very friendly.Loved the apartments but not much to do outside of hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DeniseLairdHerriot
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you for taking your valuable time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, following your holiday to Sri Lanka on your honeymoon trip.

We are delighted to know that your time with us was to your satisfaction and we will not miss to share your wonderful comments with the rest of the team, specially the hotel’s Executive Chef.

We certainly look forward to welcome you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your well being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 2 July 2012

May/June 2012 I had the pleasure to get again (first time in 2007) an ayurweda-treatment for 10 days at the Jetwing Ayurweda Pavilions in Negombo/Ethukale. I did not stay at this hotel (but in its sister-hotel Jetwing Beach just 7 minutes away, which is the best place in Negombo/Ethukale in my opinion -> there is a free shuttle-service between those 2 hotels if you take therapies at the Pavilions) so I am not able to rate all the services of Jetwing Ayurweda Pavilions.

But I must declare the treatments - especially composed and designed for my needs - of one of the best I have ever gotten in Sri Lanka over the last 6 years of travelling in this country. The medical assistance and support was outstanding (by Dr. Dinesh Edirisinghe) and my personal therapist Mr. Ruwan (who I got to know already in 2007) did an excelent and good job (clean in any respect, serious, very profesional and friendly). After those intensive 10 days I left the resort like being newly born. Thank you very much!

9 out of 10 days I got the main treatments in one of the large Pavilions with its own open-air therapy-place, little garden and bungalow (steam- and herbal-bath were provided at the medical center). I liked "my" pavilion-place very much, even when it was not always that quiet because of the main road near by. 1 day I got the therapy at the medical center: The room was clean but the atmosphere a little depresive. But everybody working for the medical center there was extremly friendly and helpful.

The day before the treatments started, I got a free profesional medical consultation which lasted about 1 hour. After the diagnosis "my" doctor set together a program for the 10 following days including medication (during the in-house treatments and for the rest of the day outside the resort). The treatments started at 09:45 (with short visit of the doctor) and lasted until +/- 13:00 (depending on the daily program). Because after the therapy you are obliged to rest (sleep, read, out of the sun) and not allowed to shower for at least 2 hours (I always returned with a VERY oily body to the hotel!), I therefore decided to leave my hotel in the morning with bathrobe (provided for free by my hotel) and returned with some additional Pavilions-towels to keep my room clean.

For those 10 days of treatments and medical support I had to spend about USD 700.- which in my opinion is not only a fair but a very good price. The only thing I can do is to recomend this place from the bottom of my heart.

If you do not look for "just another nice massage" in Negombo/Ethukale but for a serious, profesional ayurweda therapy-place: Jetwing Ayurewda Pavilions is YOUR choice, your place to go. I will come again, for sure!

Urs T., Switzerland

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled solo
3  Thank Urs T
Management response:Responded 9 July 2012

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your recent 10 days treatment program at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

It was a great pleasure and a delight to go through your comments and we will not miss to share your compliments with Doctor Dinesh and Therapist Mr. Ruwan on the professional services you received from them.

It is a Jetwing culture to provide a personalized and a caring service to all our guest and your comments will no doubt encourage the team to carry out their services even better.

We certainly look forward to the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions during your next visit to Sri Lanka and do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 29 May 2012

Athough we have been few times to Sri Lanka, country we love very much, this was the first time we tried ayurvedic treatment and we are very sorry that we did not do it before.

Thanks to our agent KUONI we were booked to this most charming, so relaxing and made to human measure hotel. The Doctor was amazing finding immediatly what has to be trated. The massages were a pure bliss.

We will recomend this oazis of peace to anyone who is looking to rejuvenate, detox , relax and spend some time with loved ones.

We will certainly come back again.

Thanks to everybody making our stay unforgetable.

Milan and Senka

Room Tip: All huts are tucked away from noise,
  • Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Senka P
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2012

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions. We were really delighted to note your comments and that you very much enjoyed the experience of Ayurveda treatments. It is the practice of our Chief Doctor to ensure that our guest gets the maximum benefits and satisfaction of the treatments we offer.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

Reviewed 27 May 2012

Place to stay with family or a friend lovely its very quite and you feel just like home

Room Tip: Examples of he"Rooms on the south side are quieterlpful room tips "Rooms on the sou...
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank osama usa a

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor, following your recent stay with us. It gives us great pleasure to note your wonderful comments and happy that you enjoyed the atmosphere. We will look forward to welcoming you once again to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your wellbeing is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

not good hotel ......Expensive for nothing.... bad A/C ..... NO AYURVEDA.....just good resturant...i would like to say it was not good choice

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank AHMED-pro

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.!

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your comments on Trip Advisor following your stay with us. Guest feedback helps us improve our standards and services in all aspects and we will definitely look into these areas to ensure guest satisfaction. Please accept our apologies.

We hope to welcome you once again in the near future to enjoy a better experience.