“Great staff, good food but needs updating”

Ranked #15 of 42 Hotels in Negombo
Worcester, United Kingdom
“Great staff, good food but needs updating”
Reviewed 23 October 2013

Spent the first day of our fantastic trip to Sri Lanka at this hotel. The whole experience was really marred by the room, The bedroom was very heavily occupied by mosquitoes and the bathroom with the external shower and bath needed updating.
Service was beyond reproach, and the food was very good. The hotel as a whole was ideal for a "close to the airport" stopover, so why the bathroom is so poor and the room cannot be cleared of the little pests is beyond me.
Our travel agent do not use this hotel now, but with high demand in the area, we chose to stay here, having read other reviews. It was not really a problem, as the mosquito net on the bed worked well, and we did not need to take a bath, but if we had chosen to stay for more than a night.......

Room Tip: If you do visit, try to get a room towards the rear of the hotel, as we did. It is away from the rel...
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank DroitwichRD
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 18 November 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We have noted your comments and thank you for your constructive feedback. Rest assured that we will take the necessary measures to rectify the areas you mentioned.

We are otherwise happy to note that you enjoyed the food and the service offered by our team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (42)
Ludwigshafen, Deutschland
Reviewed 24 July 2013

We spend a couple wonderful days at this place in December 2012 and we enjoyed it very much. The treatments at the Spa are just great and you feel like re-born after. Especially the ktichen staff with its chef is outstanding. In the morning we received all the delicious fruits from the Island and every wish was fulfilled. For Lunch the chef prepared everything for us after requesting our wishes. And for dinner time he prepared the most wonderful sea food I ever experienced. Thank you for this great and outstanding treatment. Never experienced such good food all around the Island.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 30 July 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We were really delighted to note your wonderful comments on the treatments, food and the overall services you have experienced. It is the culture of Jetwing to offer a personalized service to all our guests and to make their stay pleasant and memorable. We will not miss to share your comments with our associates and have no doubt that it will motivate them further to carry out their duties even better.

We look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future to offer you an even better service.

Frankfurt, Germany
Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was too burned out to take the long trip from the airport to the south coast and stay at my usual Ayurveda haunt, so decided that this establishment would fit the bill nicely.
I should have been wary, when, on arrival, the first thing I was shown was the anti-mosquito equipment! The room was OK, but very, very dark with windows so high up that you could not open them. The bathroom was very nice, though, with an "outdoor" shower.
The swimming-pool was also nice and I had it to myself for the time I was there, in fact I felt like the only resident guest, which was odd.
I had booked an Ayurveda "cure", but this did not come anywhere near the high standards I had experienced in the other hotel. I was "diagnosed" with a completely different set of "dosha" values from my "normal" ones and a very different dominating dosha. The treatments I received were good, especially as many were given on the terrace outside my room.
However, after about 4 days I asked to be transferred to another hotel in the locality, which was done quickly and efficiently.
The reasons for my request were:
1. The hotel was VERY noisy. This was traffic noise from the road that ran right past. In addition there were traffic fumes day and night.
2. I was not happy with the room, it was like a prison cell and not conducive to relaxation.
3. I was supposed to be getting Ayurveda full-board, but was just given the regular menu all the time, despite asking. I was also "berated" for not wanting to eat 3 or 4 courses at lunch and dinner. It was kindly meant, but added to my already-high level of stress.
4. Although the treatments outside my room (in a walled garden) were fine, I did not like the actual treatment pavilion, which was dark and look rather dirty. It was also not very pleasant to have to cross the hotel grounds in somewhat minimal attire after having a treatment. No robes were provided.
However, when I voiced my concerns they were taken seriously and I was transferred.
It could be that my expectations were too high, but having already experienced Ayurveda in Sri Lanka on 3 previous occasions I did have a benchmark, which was not met overall. The standard of individual massages etc., was very high indeed.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank fjh269
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 28 June 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in July 2012.

We have noted all your comments and constructive feedback and we will endeavor to work on the area in our control where we can improve. Comments such as yours do help us in improving and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future to experience the improvements we will have made as a result of your review

Your wellbeing is our concern.

Reviewed 8 June 2013 via mobile

It was so wonderful to have Ayuruveda in the beautiful nature. I was very glad to talk to Doctor. She gave memany good advices. Since treatment lady came to my room to give me massage, I was so relaxed and after massage I could have shower in my room and had relaxed time.
Also Priyanka told me about a project "JEEP". It isa wonderful project! I joined it. She brought me to garden to tell me all the plants, fruits flowers. It was really fun!
Thank you so much for your warm hospitality. If someone wants to have Ayuruveda in the peaceful nature, I highly recommend this place. Masumi Ogura

Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 17 June 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We were really happy to read your comments and thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor of your recent stay with us.

It gives us great pleasure to know that you were happy with the Ayurveda treatments and the advice given by our Doctor. The Ayurveda medicines and oils consists of all natural plants and minerals which helps to cure any disease directly and indeed gives a sense of relaxation after the treatments. We are happy that Priyanka was able to explain in detail our JEEP program and that you have become a part of our adventure to protect the environment.

We will share your good thoughts with all our associates and look forward to your visit once again to experience a unique service all round.

Your well being in our concern,

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 2 May 2013

We went to this hotel in March and stayed in one of their superior rooms. The room was wonderful with  air conditioning & flat screen tv. There was also an outdoor shower & bath attached to the room (which sounds romantic but was slightly unnerving with the Mosquitos at night!). There was a large mosquito net over the bed which added to our deep & relaxed slumber each night. The lawned garden of the room was private & secluded with our own sun beds and shaded area where we had a wonderful breakfast each morning.

The staff in the cafe & reception were very helpful & welcoming. We did however try to book in for a massage in the spa & found the spa area to be quite basic & there was some difficulty in communicating with the staff.  We didn't end up having a treatment because of this.

In summary, the hotel comes across as a retreat on what is quite a busy stretch. It is good value for money & very relaxing & I would defintely recommend it. However I would suggest looking at the other Jetwing hotels directly on the beach for a romantic meal as the candle light setting was simply breath taking. The other Jetwing hotels come across as much more slick & western in contrast to the calm retreat style feeling to the Pavilions although which is better is likely to boil down to individual tastes.

We negotiated a price with a tour organiser in thr main road who arranged a driver to took us up to Candy for the day. The driving is quite erracric so my advice is to wear a seat belt!

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank Jetzsetter
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 21 May 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

It was really a pleasure to read through your comments on the overall services, the hotel facilities and moreover the associates. As you mentioned all other Jetwing Hotels are on the beach while Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions being located on the other side of the beach, it does bring a unique charm to the property in addition to the holistic experience created by the Ayurvedic centre. We are happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we will not miss to share your wonderful thoughts with our team.

We look forward to welcome you once again to Ayurveda Pavilions in the near future.

Your well being is our concern.

Odense, Denmark
Reviewed 11 April 2013

I really enjoyed my week at the Ayurveda Pavillons. It was a wonderful experience to receive treatment outside in your own enclosed garden, and in the very capable and skilfull hands of Manel Jayawardana, I was near heaven. She really is outstanding, and I received the best massage I have ever had. Thank you Manel!
The food was delicious, the staff extremely friendley and the beach lovely and full og life.
The road between the hotel and the beach is quite busy and noisy yes, -but I think it just enhanced the calm and relaxing atmosphere within the Pavillons and around the pool.
My stay was just what I needed to unwind, relax, learn about the world of Ayurveda and experience a corner of beautiful Sri Lanka.

Room Tip: Choose a room within the compound.
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 23 April 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor of your recent visit to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

We were delighted and happy to read your wonderful comments especially on the professional service offered by Ms. Manel during your entire stay. This will no doubt motivate our entire team to deliver their best service at all times.

Moreover we are happy that you enjoyed the overall services extended to you, and that you had a wonderful experience with Ayurveda wellness and the property, with its calm relaxing atmosphere. We are pleased to have achieved this objective.

We look forward to welcoming you once again to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions to experience an even better service.

Your well being is our concern

Naerum, Denmark
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We had a great trip to Sri Lanka. We had a health programme at the Ayurveda Pavilions. The atmosphere was quit and relaxing - service minded and friendly personnel. Our ayurvedic treatments were very professionel and customized to your personal needs. My treat provider was very skillful and enjoyable. His name was Niwanda (I think), also responsible for coordinating all treatments at the ayurvedic center at the hotel. The food was absolutely delicious!

Thanks - you have rebuilt my energy.

Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this review, 10 April 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor following your recent visit to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

It was a great pleasure to note that you enjoyed the atmosphere, the overall service and the hospitality provided, synonymous of Jetwing culture. I will share your kind words with all our associates and this will go along way on motivating them in their duties.

We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the near future and please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Your well being is our concern.