“Antonella”

Ranked #14 of 43 Hotels in Negombo
Reviewed 25 January 2014

Everything was just perfect from the beginning to the end. The staff was so polite and helpful. I really enjoyed my 10 days in this marvellous Ayurvedic pavillions. I will for sure come back to have some more treatments. Just fantastic to relax and take care of yourself..... I definitely recommend it.....

Room Tip: The King room was gorgeous
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 January 2014

Dear Guests,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We thank you for taking the time to share your wonderful comments on Trip Advisor.

It was a pleasure to read your feedback of the overall services, on our associates and the hotel in general. Your comments will encourage us to improve our services further and we will not miss to share them with the team.

Thank you for selecting Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions for your holiday and we look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Your well being is our concern.

Reviewed 13 January 2014

After an initial booking mixup we were given a wonderful King Room with its own private garden and verandah for massages and treatment in the privacy if ones own garden/room. The wonderful food, very polite staff and excellent Ayurveda treatments made our holiday very memorable with a few trips out to Kandy and the Elephant Orphanage. The room was large with a small courtyard behind it and a lawn with sun chairs in front with a verandah that led out into a street like corridor towards the pool and dining area. Various types of frangipani trees, mango and margosa trees gave us quite a dawn chorus and sundown chorus everyday! There were lovely touches of frangipani floating in bowls of water and flowers perched on the made up bed or on the towels at the poolside. The bathroom had an outdoor section to it which was great after an oily massage and various pasty packs on ones whole body or hair.....and the outside shower plus a bathtub made it very convenient. Only a small number of rooms made it like a private home with Ayurvedic doctor and attendants to pamper us! Altogether a wonderful experience.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Moyna A
Jetwing H, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 1 February 2014

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

We were delighted to read your comments and pleased to note that you enjoyed the environment, the villa set up and the overall services offered by our associates. We will not miss to share these wonderful comments with our team.

We value our guest feedback as it helps improve our services in order to offer our guests a memorable holiday with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your wellbeing is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 14 December 2013

I only spent one night in the hotel on the first day of my Sri Lanka holidays (before moving to Kandy), and overall enjoyed the short stay.

Good points:
- very nice pool
- fantastic food - had dinner and breakfast, and both were delicious (and huge portions, especially the breakfast was super-filling)
- nice pool
- was quiet (it wa sthe second half of November, so probably not many guests)- all hotel employees seemed friendly

Areas to improve:
- Rooms: whilst on the one hand quite modern with LCD TVs, yet quite run-down and with a lot of insect (the mosquito net worked well though) - it wasn't a big deal overall but definitely not on par with European 4-star hotels, and quite expensive for what it was
- Outside shower: not very practical and didn't feel very private
- Security: the locks didn't seem very convincing to me.. However, we had no issues and there is also a small safety box in the room so I assume it shouldn't be a problem

I didn't get any treatments in the hotel, so can't comment on that. However, the prices seemed quite high - I had an excellent 75minute full body massage at a very nice, clean, small ayurveda place for 2,100 RP

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank MonTravelling
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 19 December 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We were delighted to read your wonderful comments and happy to note that you enjoyed the overall services during your short stay with us and shall share your comments with the entire team.

We have taken note of your comments on the areas to be improved and we will do the necessary implementations. We are pleased to inform you that a special seasonal offer is on and it is uploaded on our Jetwing Hotels website. We have no doubt that you have taken back wonderful memories of your holiday and look forward to welcome you to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions in the near future.

Your wellbeing is our concern.

Reviewed 29 November 2013 via mobile

We booked into hotel J down the road but they had overbooked so moved us here. Was miffed at first but we actually were upgraded and loved the resort with its excellent service and food. Yes rooms are dark and the outside shower thing is novel but impractical, however the settings are beautiful and everything was impeccable.

• Stayed: November 2013
1  Thank Deb M
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 December 2013

Dear Guest,

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions.

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

It was a pleasure to read that you were happy with the settings, service and the food from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions. We certainly value your feedback as it helps us improving our standards and services in all aspects.

We look forward to welcome you back in the future to experience even more of what we have to offer.

Your well being is our concern and we shall provide you our best services at all times.

Reviewed 23 October 2013

Spent the first day of our fantastic trip to Sri Lanka at this hotel. The whole experience was really marred by the room, The bedroom was very heavily occupied by mosquitoes and the bathroom with the external shower and bath needed updating.
Service was beyond reproach, and the food was very good. The hotel as a whole was ideal for a "close to the airport" stopover, so why the bathroom is so poor and the room cannot be cleared of the little pests is beyond me.
Our travel agent do not use this hotel now, but with high demand in the area, we chose to stay here, having read other reviews. It was not really a problem, as the mosquito net on the bed worked well, and we did not need to take a bath, but if we had chosen to stay for more than a night.......

Room Tip: If you do visit, try to get a room towards the rear of the hotel, as we did. It is away from the rel...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank DroitwichRD
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 18 November 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on the Trip Advisor following your recent stay with us.

We have noted your comments and thank you for your constructive feedback. Rest assured that we will take the necessary measures to rectify the areas you mentioned.

We are otherwise happy to note that you enjoyed the food and the service offered by our team. We hope to have the pleasure of welcoming you back to Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions in the future and please do not hesitate to contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed 24 July 2013

We spend a couple wonderful days at this place in December 2012 and we enjoyed it very much. The treatments at the Spa are just great and you feel like re-born after. Especially the ktichen staff with its chef is outstanding. In the morning we received all the delicious fruits from the Island and every wish was fulfilled. For Lunch the chef prepared everything for us after requesting our wishes. And for dinner time he prepared the most wonderful sea food I ever experienced. Thank you for this great and outstanding treatment. Never experienced such good food all around the Island.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

We take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us.

We were really delighted to note your wonderful comments on the treatments, food and the overall services you have experienced. It is the culture of Jetwing to offer a personalized service to all our guests and to make their stay pleasant and memorable. We will not miss to share your comments with our associates and have no doubt that it will motivate them further to carry out their duties even better.

We look forward to welcoming you once again in the near future to offer you an even better service.

Reviewed 13 June 2013

I was too burned out to take the long trip from the airport to the south coast and stay at my usual Ayurveda haunt, so decided that this establishment would fit the bill nicely.
I should have been wary, when, on arrival, the first thing I was shown was the anti-mosquito equipment! The room was OK, but very, very dark with windows so high up that you could not open them. The bathroom was very nice, though, with an "outdoor" shower.
The swimming-pool was also nice and I had it to myself for the time I was there, in fact I felt like the only resident guest, which was odd.
I had booked an Ayurveda "cure", but this did not come anywhere near the high standards I had experienced in the other hotel. I was "diagnosed" with a completely different set of "dosha" values from my "normal" ones and a very different dominating dosha. The treatments I received were good, especially as many were given on the terrace outside my room.
However, after about 4 days I asked to be transferred to another hotel in the locality, which was done quickly and efficiently.
The reasons for my request were:
1. The hotel was VERY noisy. This was traffic noise from the road that ran right past. In addition there were traffic fumes day and night.
2. I was not happy with the room, it was like a prison cell and not conducive to relaxation.
3. I was supposed to be getting Ayurveda full-board, but was just given the regular menu all the time, despite asking. I was also "berated" for not wanting to eat 3 or 4 courses at lunch and dinner. It was kindly meant, but added to my already-high level of stress.
4. Although the treatments outside my room (in a walled garden) were fine, I did not like the actual treatment pavilion, which was dark and look rather dirty. It was also not very pleasant to have to cross the hotel grounds in somewhat minimal attire after having a treatment. No robes were provided.
However, when I voiced my concerns they were taken seriously and I was transferred.
It could be that my expectations were too high, but having already experienced Ayurveda in Sri Lanka on 3 previous occasions I did have a benchmark, which was not met overall. The standard of individual massages etc., was very high indeed.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank fjh269
Jetwinghotels, General Manager at Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2013

Greetings from Jetwing Ayurveda Pavilions!

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your experience on Trip Advisor following your stay with us in July 2012.

We have noted all your comments and constructive feedback and we will endeavor to work on the area in our control where we can improve. Comments such as yours do help us in improving and thank you for bringing them to our attention.

We look forward to welcoming you in the near future to experience the improvements we will have made as a result of your review

Your wellbeing is our concern.