Lowest prices for your stay
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
PricelineUS$54
eDreamsUS$54
TripadvisorUS$54
Travelocity
Orbitz.com
See what travellers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed 30 January 2019

I booked this hotel for a stopover after my flight before I commenced my tour of Sri Lanka. For its price range I thought that the accommodation was good, very clean and with good pool facilities. The service was great, everyone was helpful and it was useful having them to arrange tuktuks etc. They arranged the transfer from the airport with no problems however did only communicate shortly before my arrival that this was booked for me. The downside to this hotel is the distance from Negombo town. Whilst there isn't very much in Negombo, if I travelled here again I would stay in the centre as I didn't really see any advantages to being as far out as we were.

• Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 January 2019 via mobile

After being messed around at another hotel we managed to find a room here last min. The owner was very friendly straight away and welcomed us in. Our room was very clean with an en suite, mini fridge, teas and snacks are provided.

The TV was not working and the toilet overflow had gone but otherwise all perfect.

The pool is small, but very clean and nice and you can sunbathe on a lounger whilst listening to the sea that is 20meters away.

Had breakfast lunch and dinner here, all reasonably priced and nice tasting. Breakfast is complimentary and is sri lankan roti, omlette, breads & Jam. Juices and coffee

Hans the owners son is very helpful and Thissa, one of the staff is so very kind and accomodating.

Do stay

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Travelled with family
Reviewed 28 December 2018 via mobile

We were looking for quiet place near airport for one night stay on the way back. Were pleasantly surprised by the location, amenities, food and overall hospitality we received from this property. Room had a great view of pool and bit of ocean. Beach is rocky and bit dirty too. Room has decent amenities. Overall I am happy with the stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
2  Thank deyabhijit
Reviewed 26 December 2018 via mobile

On the plus side, the cottage is well situated by the beach, so you can hear the waves from the room. It has a nice pool area with a well-kept lawn, and a basic dining area. The staff is very friendly and helpful.
On the negative side, the bathroom needs to be refurbished and redesigned. The bedsheets need to be fitted and watch out for stains on them although they were freshly washed. Perhaps it would be best to replace them with new sets.
There is no safe in the room so that’s something that needs to be considered.
We recommend Ziegler Cottage and thank the management and staff for a pleasant short stay.

Trip type: Travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2018

I was in Sri Lanka for a conference and instead of staying at Colombo, I have stayed in Negombo to cover the most of Sri Lanka. Ziegler cottage has fantastic hospitality, breakfast and services. The owner is very friendly and cheerful with their guests. I loved my stay at the cottage.

Date of stay: November 2017