“Near airport”

Tamarind Tree Hotel
Ranked #1 of 2 Hotels in Yatiyana
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Best location as It's close to airport, so I decided to book this one as my flight mid night

It is under renovation so a bit dirty at at lobby.

We paid for one night but we use only half day but for single room. My friend changed flight and join me. They asked for 40$ more for one more person without proper explicit and it costs same as one more room. I asked if it is for breakfast?. What I need is explanation. I felt annoyed.

Room is comfortable and private villa but a bit old. Big bathroom. It is calm and relax after a noisy outside.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Tamarind Tree Hotel

Reviewed 24 April 2013

It is my luck to stay in this hotel since my flight was delayed for few hours. I was able to relax really well. Rooms were Bangalores, specious and nicely maintained. I was greeted by Ms. Sandamali at the reception, she was very kind and helpful. Though the check in was abit delayed since there were more people joined with me to get the same flight.
After a good nap, we were driven to the airport on time. Very convenient for a layover.
I would recommend this hotel

Room Tip: Bangalores are better to spend the time comfortably
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 20 April 2013

Well, its been quite along (Last August 2012), we visited this hotel due to our flight was delayed. Still could remember how we were indulged by Mr. Chris & Ms. Sandamali at the reception. Welcomed us with fascinating Sri Lankan smile & was able to give us a very wonderful room to relax until i got myself back to the airport.
This is a perfect hotel for leisure travellers and honeymooners.
Wish A good Luck !!!

Room Tip: Bangalores are very clean and spacious. Never tried a suite room in this hotel...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 12 April 2013

The pluses - it is very near the airport, wonderful when you are tired after a long trip. The rooms are quiet and very big. The grounds are pleasant and breakfast was very good. It has a pleasant, laid back feel.

The minuses - rooms need attention, plug sockets were broken, air conditioning was a bit unpredictable and hard to get the temperature right. They played Tom Jones on a continous loop all through breakfast on both days. It nearly drove us crazy. Breakfast was fine though. Dinner was not good at all - some of the worst vegetarian Sri Lankan food we had the whole time we were away. The all day snacks looked reasonable though, though we didn't try any.

The real negatives : when we asked for a taxi they always used the hotel taxi which was expensive. The staff at the front desk were really really slow, and would answer phone calls or deal with other things rather than pay attention to what they were meant to be doing for you. Their attitude was the worst we found in Sri Lanka. Checking in and checking out was a frustrating affair. It was also really hard to book this hotel by email.

For dinner it is much better to get a taxi into Negombo beach. May I recommend Lords restaurant, some of the best food we had in Sri Lanka. A taxi into Colombo can take a long time, depending on the time of day. Friday rush hour was a nightmare!

However, I would stay again because of the convenience. For a one night stay, a really good sleep and a quick getaway it is actually ideal. If management read this - please turn off the terrible music, give the rooms a bit of love, and try a little harder. It could be lovely.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 April 2013

This is a nice hotel in a very tranquil location, just 10 minutes from the airport. Very quiet, just what you need to get a good sleep after a late arrival. The whole place feels very spacious and green.

Chalets are huge, with large bedroom, lounge area, bathroom and veranda. Free wifi is available, although the signal isn't great. Minibar was empty! The pool is a decent size.

We didn't have dinner here, but breakfast was fine and included plenty of veggie options.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 29 March 2013

This is a stylist garden resort - peaceful and quiet. It has the added advantage of being only 10 mins from the airport. The chalets where tastefully decorated and it had a great pool. The staff were great - I overslept breakfast by an hour and so a member of the restaurant staff kindly brought a breakfast selection on a tray to our chalet once I had woken up - without me even asking - impressively considerate! Overall a great stay.

Stayed: March 2013, travelled with family
Reviewed 18 March 2013

even in the height of summer, this hotel with its greenery cools your minds and senses. the pool was nice. room service was hopeless. and if you happen to be hungry in the middle of the night ....STAY HUNGRY....no food here till breakfast and no shops nearby as well. however the breakfast spread was fine. since it was free we enjoyed the place even more....hehe

Room Tip: get the room closer to the pool...so u just walk less to everything
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Yatiyana
The Gateway Hotel Airport Garden Colombo
#1 of 2 in Katunayaka
Pledge 3
Pledge 3
#1 of 43 in Negombo

Been to Tamarind Tree Hotel? Share your experiences!