“They just dont care anymore !”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Royal Swazi Spa

Royal Swazi Spa
Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Ezulwini
Dcusa
“They just dont care anymore !”
Reviewed 19 September 2013

It appears the hotel has a deal with the local travel groups.....and they bring ALL their clients here. So the Hotel does'nt care if you complain....Because they will always have people coming from the tour groups.
This was my 3rd time here....for business. The only reason I came back was that my favorite hotel The Forster Arms was booked....as was the Emajeni guest house....So I was STUCK with the " Swazi "
The staff was lazy. The outside bartenders were rude. Upon checking out...I stood at the counter by myself...and the girl behind it just ignored me....I was there for a couple minutes....I wanted to see how long it would take her to notice me. When I finally cleared my throat...she says Oh do you want " som thin " ....horrible experience overall.

Housekeeping did a very poor job on my room. They left dirty glasses in the bathroom. Sometimes they filled back up the coffee...but forgot the water.....other times the left the water and forgot the coffee.

Really .... The Royal Swazi does not care anymore. The have it arranged to keep the people coming in.....Its NOT the people deciding ...its the tour groups who sell the packages....they all are probably getting a cut for dragging the people there.

I heard Many many people all saying the same this.... " I can't believe how poor the service is here. Is it always this bad ? "

Sadly yes it is !!!! If you have a choice....avoid this place. There are many many really nice Guest house who appreciate you...and take P R I D E in making your stay enjoyable.

The Royal Swazi should be ashamed. Where has their P R I D E gone ???

Room Tip: Here's my tip. Check out the Forster Arms or Emajeni guest house if you want a good room
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Hungarian first
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed 11 September 2013

We stayed at the Royal Swazi Sun as the first stop on a 3 day, 540km cycle ride through Swaziland and Northern KZN. The hotel seems old and dated but then again, it was built in1967, so this is understandable. She must have been a Grand lady in her day but now she seems a little tired. Rooms were clean and comfortable and the meals and setting excellent. But she is in need of a serious facelift!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
STANGER,KWAZULU NATAL
Reviewed 6 September 2013

My experience was fun filled n enjoyable cos reception offered a map n boy oh boy what sight seEing n traditions n most of all how industrious this liitle kingdoms people are we visited nature reserves n as for the hotel I enjoyed brekfast n supper in the grill room n spa the shops had new books I didn't get at home very luv

• Stayed August 2013
Knysna, South Africa
Reviewed 4 September 2013

We loved this hotel! My experience at the Spa for a few treatments was exceptional. We dined one evening at the hotel's Planters Restaurant, and found both the service and the food to be excellent. Our room was clean and well-equipped, although "hotel-like" (but what does one expect from a hotel, if not this?!). We hope to return soon.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank KHaupt
Centurion, South Africa
Reviewed 3 September 2013

Upon our arrival at the hotel we were met at our car by a staff member wearing traditional Swazi dress. He made us feel most welcome and also accompanied my wife and I to our room. The receptionist greeted us with a friendly smile and our check-in was done in a quick and efficient way. We were allocated a room on the ground floor with a glass sliding door to the outside terrace. It was found to be neat, clean and pleasing to the eye, with the décor of a very good standard.
We enjoyed a good breakfast and dinner at the Terrace Restaurant overlooking the swimming pool. Planters Grill also provided a very good dinner where the service and food was of a very high standard. The food was exceptionally tasty with excellent given attention to detail. My wife and I also visited the Health Spa and hairdresser where we were attended to by professional staff who treated us in a very friendly way. Like all other Sun International Hotels, their casino was professionally run by friendly and very efficient staff.
The staff that we interacted with was all very helpful and friendly and neatly dressed in their uniforms. They really made my wife and I feel valued and special, that contributed to making our visit to this hotel in Swaziland a memorable one.
We will definitely return to this hotel again and recommend it to friends and colleagues.

• Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
Sunbury, Australia
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Rooms were good for the area we were in. The staff were very friendly and helpful. You do have to pay for internet access but it was not much.
Plenty of facilities within the grounds including spa, pool and outside bar. Not close to any shops was its only downfall

Room Tip: Lower rooms can be noisy as you are near the bar, the first room on he lower ground was ok as it has...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
england
Reviewed 3 August 2013

A spectacular view from our room. Small but nice pool. The border getting into Swazi was interesting. Local artisans work is worth a look and reasonably priced. We brought back a stone head of the King of Swazi. Madness as it was sooooo heavy

Room Tip: Ask for outside room to get the view
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Ezulwini
Lugogo Sun
Mountain Inn
Mountain Inn
#2 of 3 in Mbabane
Happy Valley Hotel & Casino

Been to Royal Swazi Spa? Share your experiences!