“Once was ok, with the renovation everything changed for bad.”
Review of Riviera

Riviera
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Lattakia
Riviera
Ranked #6 of 7 Hotels in Lattakia
roma
“Once was ok, with the renovation everything changed for bad.”
Reviewed 27 July 2011

I was an affectionate client of the Riviera, I have "lived" there for many weeks, having to stay in Lattakia for work twice a year, each time for two or three weeks. Everithing was ok since the beguinning of renovation of the facade...
Last time I went was a cold January (2009), the room was freezing, the heating system was off and they did't change me the room because -tay kept saying- "it'll be fixed in one hour". That "hour" lasted 2 days.
After 2 first freezing nights (I slept with 6 blankets!) I got a very severe bronchitis and I had to immediately fly back home leaving my work. The manager of the hotel din't even want to talk to me, he did not apologize for all the inconvenience or let me have a discount of any sort.

Their strenght was the people (the building is nothing special... apart the modern facade is quite old). The people used to make the difference (people at breakfast especially) but the manager only focused on money, forgetting humanity and service. This is not Syria at all.
I will never go back to the Riviera again.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank duemarziani

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room Tips
Paris, France
Reviewed 31 May 2011

Location : far far from the corniche, and well away from all majors sites and restaurants. As this hotel was chosen by our travel agency as a stop between the Krak and Aleppo.

We like :
- the foyer on ground floor serves drinks and good food as well as a nice breakfast buffet

We don't like :
- Horrible room, old, ugly and not soundproof at all. It is like sleeping in the middle of the street
- Indifferent service, if any
- No wifi

Yuck !

Room Tip: The best room is elsewhere
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Lattakia hotels

Belfast, NI
Reviewed 16 October 2010

OK, I'd read the reviews before I went, so expectations weren't too high. My room was at the back of the hotel and small for a twin, but as I was on my own it was OK though in need of decoration. Some strange growth on the wall - perhaps because the air conditioning didn't work (Nobody's seemed to ). I opened the curtains to see if I could open the window because it was stiffling. I was looking straight onto the balcony of a flat just a few feet away, where several men were sitting, so I backed away less the sight of a woman in her pyjamas would cause an international incident. I had to have a bath rather than shower because the knob to change between the tap and shower was totally seized up. Actually, that wasn't such a bad thing although the bath wasn't long enough to lie down. Best thing was finding a tv channel with English (American) films and the bed was tolerably comfortable and spotlessly clean.The food was very poor and the staff unusually surly. I was only there for 1 night so it was OK as a stopover but I couldn't really recommend it.

• Stayed October 2010
Kelowna, Canada
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Riviera was a very nice hotel with clean comfortable rooms. The location is somewhat far from the main part of town, but still walkable. Lattakia itself really didn't have a lot to offer. The waterfront is spoiled by the port, and the beach club was not yet open in May.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
genova
Reviewed 1 September 2010

Sorry to be so blunt but it's in a terrible traffic area, old fashioned without enchantment. Non hari dryer, no internet, no minibar and they even spelt the neam of the hotel wrong on the main door. Never again !

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Newcastle upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 August 2010

The first room that I was put in had big (1cm long) ants running all over the bathroom and into the bedroom; which was not a very good first impression!! In their defence, the reception were very apologetic and switched me to another room straightaway. Still, it put me off slightly.
The rooms are incredibly comfortable, quiet, and cool. The curtains are really thick black out curtains as well - it was the best sleep I had in the middle east! There are bath robes and slippers provided, and it really is very relaxing staying here.
The big problem is the location, it's not really near anything at all!! (Well not that we could find!) Having said that taxis are easy to come by and not expensive, so it's not the end of the world.
Breakfast is in the arabic style, but there is a good selection and it was all very tasty, apart from the coffee which is terrible.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with friends
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 August 2010

Nice rooms, friendly service, good food. We used Riviera Hotel as our base to head to the private beaches just outside of town, at the overpriced Meridien Hotel. Saved ourselves $75+ per day by doing this. At least this way, we were located in the city, and had many more choices for evenings and restaurants.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple

Been to Riviera? Share your experiences!