“A place in Taiwan to be called home!”

Hotel Royal Hsinchu
Ranked #2 of 58 Hotels in Hsinchu
Hsinchu, Taiwan
“A place in Taiwan to be called home!”
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have spent a lot of time travel to Hsinchu and stayed in Royal during these two years. I cannot find a better place than Royal that I can call "my 2nd home" in the world. People here know me and greeting me by my names and know exactly what kind of fruits and food I like for my breakfast. When rushing to work, they help me to pickup my clothes from laundry and deiver to my room. All the warm gastures make me feel at home even I am thousand miles away from my real home. No other place in Hsinchu I would rather stay! All these is not money can buy!

All I want to say is, thank you for all you have done for me, Royal!

Room Tip: It will be better if there's more ellipitcal machines in the gym.
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Aptos, California
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed ay many hotels in Taiwan traveling there over the past 15 years, and living there from 2000 to 2002. The Royal Hotel in Hsinchu is by far my favorite. It's always great to be greeted by name after a 20+ hour journey to Taiwan. I also will always remember the hospitality offered by Evan, the first GM after the 9-21 earthquake back in 1999. I have stayed at the Royal over 100 nights since then until my retirement in California earlier this year.

The Royal has great personalized service and outstanding food. I have always enjoyed the Japanese restaurant on the 6th floor, the Tepanyaki restaurant, and the Dim Sum at the Chinese restaurant. Eva Wu, the Guest Relations Manager , has always gone out of her way to make sure I am taken care of.

The Royal has a location convenient to the Science Park. If you need to go anywhere else in Hsinchu, you can count on the Royal staff to make arrangements. On one trip I had a golf invitation, but I did not have equipment with me. Eva Wu arranged my transportation to and from a pro shop where I bought golf shoes, balls, and othe necessary items.

If I am ever lucky enough to travel back to Taiwan, I will be sure to spend my time in Hsinchu at the Royal Hotel!

Room Tip: The corner suites are the best!
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It's not my first time staying here. I stayed here in Apr-May. I felt it was really good. I expected to have a similar reception. But, I really felt that that they exceeded in quality (when I stayed there the most of last month and this makes me write this review). They took a lot of care in improving the quality and treated me with VIP setup. :)
The concierge staff is really good. So, is the front desk staff. All the days, felt very happy with their warm welcome greetings.
The room was kept clean and the house-keeping staff was always there to help you out with the things you requested for.
I also got to meet their Guest Relationship Manager Ms. Wu who is kind and caring and consistently trying her/their best. Appreciate it and expect you to continue the same.
Overall, I am really impressed with their service and quick resolutions to any issues.
Would definitely stay here in my future trips.
Thank you Royal for treating Royally. :)

Room Tip: High floors are better... :)
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 1 December 2013

As an American living abroad in Hsinchu, during the American holidays, it's nice to have a place like the Royal who do cater and support these events, like Thanksgiving. Complete w/ turkey, mashed potatoes, gravy, and the rest of the fine buffet, sharing this w/ family and friends makes being away from home, not as tough. Thanks to Eva Wu and the fine staff at the Royal.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I travel a lot, and am fortunate to always stay in nice hotels. NO hotel staff in the world has made me feel as welcome as the great people who work at the Royal Hsinchu. From the Manager, Eva Wu, to the bell staff, to the restaurant staff... amazing! At the concierge desk, I inquired about a place to by some local, authentic treasures. Three days later a young woman at the desk (Velisa Chen), gave me a bracelet that she bought for me at Sun Moon Lake! She wanted me to have a local treasure, and I will love that handmade bracelet forever. I will be making at least two more trips to Hsinchu, and I will always stay at this hotel!!!

1 Thank Lynn E
Lorgues, France
Reviewed 12 November 2013

So the Hotel Royal Hsinchu. It's a bit like finding yourself in Hobbiton, after escaping from the Orks and Goblins in Lord of the Rings! Outside is all hell and chaos. Hardly the most pleasing of surroundings. Yet inside is sleepy calm and comfort! I've been staying here for years, when the demands of having to work for a living have driven me to the slum that is Hsinchu. Looking out of the window is like watching the movie Bladerunner! The hotel service and friendly charm haven't changed in years. It's reliable! It's dependable! We're old friends.....

Room Tip: Location: If you have to be in Hsinchu, then there are few places I could imagine being better. The...
San Jose
Reviewed 8 November 2013

Royal is the best hotel to stay near Science Park. It's convenient, clean, with friendly staff. Very excellent wifi support. If you just come work and fly out, this is your best choice. Happy hour is relaxing with free drinks every Wed and Fri. Highly recommended.