“Return Trip to Hsinchu”

Hotel Royal Hsinchu
Ranked #1 of 58 Hotels in Hsinchu
Reviewed 11 April 2014

This was a return trip for me after a long time without visiting.
Very welcoming on my arrival.
The rooms were always good but now they have been refurbished and are very clean and well appointed.
All the staff are very friendly and open making the experience of being away from home on business far more comfortable than many hotels I have experienced.
The hotel facilities are excellent and the location is perfect for the Science Park. If you don't fancy the hotel restaurants there are some great restaurants locally. The Chinese Restaurant in the hotel is excellent though and I made sure I didn't miss out this trip!
Another good experience at the hotel. I will always return to The Royal in preference to the other main hotels in Hsinchu (Which I have tried)

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business

Reviewed 5 April 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Royal for the second time last week and it was great. The staff is amazingly attentive, especially helping you get around town. They surprised us with a cake for my wife's birthday. The room, showers, bed, pool, heated toilet... all excellent. Breakfast buffet and Wednesday happy hour were nice, too. The location is wicked near the science park, but also near some good restaurants as well.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 3 April 2014

As soon as you open your car door, the warm smiling staff greet you by name and whisk you off to a clean ready room. There's nothing that they won't try to do for you. And if you make a suggestion, it's done before you know it. Impeccable service!! And great croissants and cappuccino for breakfast.

Room Tip: Corner suites are roomy
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Hotel Royal is my first choice for every trip to Hsinchu Science Park. not only the location is close TSMC but hospitality is my best experience. Due to changed job (& function), did not visit Royal hotel for a while. this time have chance to stay at Hsinchu Royal again and found out hotel room had been upgrade and internal design seems more "hi-fashion!!" of cause the hospitality remains the same.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 31 January 2014

I have spent a lot of time travel to Hsinchu and stayed in Royal during these two years. I cannot find a better place than Royal that I can call "my 2nd home" in the world. People here know me and greeting me by my names and know exactly what kind of fruits and food I like for my breakfast. When rushing to work, they help me to pickup my clothes from laundry and deiver to my room. All the warm gastures make me feel at home even I am thousand miles away from my real home. No other place in Hsinchu I would rather stay! All these is not money can buy!

All I want to say is, thank you for all you have done for me, Royal!

Room Tip: It will be better if there's more ellipitcal machines in the gym.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 20 December 2013

I have stayed ay many hotels in Taiwan traveling there over the past 15 years, and living there from 2000 to 2002. The Royal Hotel in Hsinchu is by far my favorite. It's always great to be greeted by name after a 20+ hour journey to Taiwan. I also will always remember the hospitality offered by Evan, the first GM after the 9-21 earthquake back in 1999. I have stayed at the Royal over 100 nights since then until my retirement in California earlier this year.

The Royal has great personalized service and outstanding food. I have always enjoyed the Japanese restaurant on the 6th floor, the Tepanyaki restaurant, and the Dim Sum at the Chinese restaurant. Eva Wu, the Guest Relations Manager , has always gone out of her way to make sure I am taken care of.

The Royal has a location convenient to the Science Park. If you need to go anywhere else in Hsinchu, you can count on the Royal staff to make arrangements. On one trip I had a golf invitation, but I did not have equipment with me. Eva Wu arranged my transportation to and from a pro shop where I bought golf shoes, balls, and othe necessary items.

If I am ever lucky enough to travel back to Taiwan, I will be sure to spend my time in Hsinchu at the Royal Hotel!

Room Tip: The corner suites are the best!
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 2 December 2013

It's not my first time staying here. I stayed here in Apr-May. I felt it was really good. I expected to have a similar reception. But, I really felt that that they exceeded in quality (when I stayed there the most of last month and this makes me write this review). They took a lot of care in improving the quality and treated me with VIP setup. :)
The concierge staff is really good. So, is the front desk staff. All the days, felt very happy with their warm welcome greetings.
The room was kept clean and the house-keeping staff was always there to help you out with the things you requested for.
I also got to meet their Guest Relationship Manager Ms. Wu who is kind and caring and consistently trying her/their best. Appreciate it and expect you to continue the same.
Overall, I am really impressed with their service and quick resolutions to any issues.
Would definitely stay here in my future trips.
Thank you Royal for treating Royally. :)

Room Tip: High floors are better... :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business