“Business Travel To Hsinchu Science and Technology Park”

Hotel Royal Hsinchu
Ranked #2 of 56 Hotels in Hsinchu
“Business Travel To Hsinchu Science and Technology Park”
Reviewed 13 August 2014

I am a regular business traveler that visits Hsinchu often. The team at the Royal Hotel always make me feel like family when I stay with them. The staff is incredibly stable as many of them have been on their team for over 8 years, adding to the family feel. Variety of food at breakfast, from Asian to Western, is wonderful. Overall service and accommodations are excellent. No complaints after 8 years of regular visits.

John Q

• Stayed August 2014, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 August 2014

My coworker and I stayed in deluxe rooms for a week. Very clean, big rooms! I asked for extra bottles of water, the housekeeper gave me at least 6 each day. The staff was very friendly and polite. The hotel was really clean. The concierge was wonderful! He ordered a taxi to take us to Sanxia, wait for us, then return us to the hotel. The location is really convenient to the science park - a quick taxi ride away. Huge breakfast buffet that had a mix of Asian and western foods.

Only two negatives. The mattress in my room needed to be flipped/replaced. It was really obvious which side was the popular side to sleep on. The other negative is that on one of the days, the housekeeper ignored the 'do not disturb' sign and cleaned the room anyway. I had a reason for the sign and was unhappy it was ignored even though I wasn't in the room at the time.

Overall, a wonderful stay and would definitely stay there again.

Room Tip: We stayed on 15th floor and were not disturbed by any traffic noise.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled on business
City of Industry, California
Reviewed 22 July 2014

The Royal Hotel in HsinChu, Taiwan is my home away from home in the US. Super clean, most workers treat you with respect and courtesy. Many people speak English. Breakfast is served with many western style dishes, and good American style coffee.
People pay attention to every detail of your stay, from wake up calls, to checking on you if have everything you need. Even when you don't say anything, care takers pay attention to your needs. For example, I am diabetic, and drink lots of water to flush our excess sugar from my blood. The servant that cleans my room daily noticed on the first day, that I had 5 empty bottles of water in the recycle trash.. On the following day, she placed 6 full water bottles for me. (normally they replace 2 bottles only). I also took several showers per day, she also placed additional towels and shower supplies, without me asking. I stayed a total of 9 nights, I was totally pleased.

Room Tip: Although the hotel occupies the whole building, hotel rooms start on the 7th floor which provides fo...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
Veldhoven, The Netherlands
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very good hotel with excellent service. I stayed here for 2 weeks and was very pleased with my room. It was spacious and quiet, no noise at all from the outside and or from the other rooms. Decent bathroom too. The staff was very kind and helpful. Breakfast-buffet was good and extensive: many things to choose from.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 9 July 2014 via mobile

Traveling on the west side of Taiwan?
Maybe working at one of the high tech employers in the science park? Hotel Royal is a great place to stay!
Conveniently located, superb service, excellent cuisine and hospitality

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
San Jose, California
Reviewed 30 June 2014

For the past few years I have had to visit Hsinchu a few times a year for work. I have been staying at the Royal Hotel because of the convenience, service, and value.

The hotel is conveniently located right on the edge of the science park, and there are free shuttles to destination of your choice every morning to the science park. Lots of great food within walking distance also!

The rooms are large and clean (they recently renovated, which makes it even better) and the bed comfortable. The breakfast buffets are great with lots of choices. Can't ask for a better spa either...

Last but not least, the people are great! Every time I visit they greet me with my name.

Definitely my home away from home!

Room Tip: Pick a higher floor and choose a room further away from the elevators
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
Reviewed 24 June 2014 via mobile

Have stayed here numerous times over the years..Rooms are.massive, clean and full of nice touches. Bathrooms are five star with stand up shower, seperate tub and heated toilet seat.

The gym is solid. The breakfast is excellent. The customer service is typical of this country.....exceptional.

Only downside, particularly this time of year, is the poor AC. Room wouldnt get cooler than 25c. I like a cold room. its a con overshadowed by all the pros.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business