“Beautiful nature. Make sure you stay there for at least 2 day's.”
Review of Taroko Gorge

Useful Information: Activities for older children
Holland
147 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 100 helpful votes
“Beautiful nature. Make sure you stay there for at least 2 day's.”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

My wife and me stayed there for 3 nights in an accompdation called: At Leader Village, and we had a wonderful time. There are so many things to do. You can make a lot of different hikes an you can rent a bicycle. What ever you do there all is very relaxing.
The personel speaks very badly English but with hands and feet you'll get very far.

Visited March 2012

• Polish first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“The Must See Place in Taiwan”
Reviewed 6 April 2012

With the bullet train servicing the west coast of Taiwan it would be easy to think about skipping the east coast, especially if you're pushed for time. But a friend of mine convinced me that Taroko was a must see and I'm so glad she did. Taroko is about 10-15 minutes north of Hualien, about 1 hr by plane from Taipei, 4 hrs by car/bus and I'm told 6 death defying hrs by scooter! I went by car, the first half of the trip is pretty boring but the second half hugs the coast for some great views. It's a long winding road so don't try it after you've eaten. Taroko is a National Park and has many hiking trails with amazing views. Think "Indiana Jones" type rope bridges high over fast flowing rivers with trails and temples cut into the side of the mountains. I'll add a few pictures that will show you more than I can attempt to describe, but I think you really need to see it for yourself.

Visited March 2012
1 Thank Tim-from-Australia
Toronto, Canada
13 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Stunning scenery”
Reviewed 5 April 2012

We booked a trip to Hualien to see the Taroko Gorge based on some research I had done on sights to see in Taiwan. After reading about it and looking at photos, it looked beautiful - a place for a real adventure and to enjoy nature. However, when we got there I was totally blown away. I had expected beauty - but I had no idea how awe inspiring the landscape would actually be. I am not a novice traveller and thought I had seen it all - but this gorge surprised me and took my breath away on several occasions. I even had serious neck pain from craning my head out of the window on the drive there! The place looks prehistoric. I can't wait to go back. Next time we will stay longer than two nights and do some more exploring. The only unfortunate thing is that several trails are closed due to rock falls. But don't worry - you won't be disappointed with what you DO see. It's GORGEous!

Visited April 2012
1 Thank JulianaHongKong
Malaysia
43 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 76 helpful votes
“Quite scenic and worth visiting”
Reviewed 29 March 2012

As we were on a short 4nights 5 days DIY trip we flew to and fro from Taipei via the local Transasia airways. Booked easily online 1 month prior for 9 am flight and back to Taipei
via 6 pm flight. We (7 adults) had to book 2 toyota wish for our tour of the gorge and Cinq sui cliff. Each mpv cost TWD 4000. Tiffany Chang(her e mail was taken from past forum postings here) and partner (instead of husband) took us. The Very capable and bubbly Tiffany was superb as a guide, driver and photographer helping us compose and pose for our pictures at scenic spots.
Taroko gorge is quite a scenic sight with of course the beautiful deep gorges and rock layers and waterfalls.
For lunch we had a buffet in one of the chalet restaurant along the way.
Early Feb weather was cool and you just need a jacket to keep warm.

Visited February 2012
Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“hot spring”
Reviewed 28 March 2012

Went to a hot spring at the gorge at about 7pm. (not sure actually how many tourist knew about it and its free) Its fantistic!! It was very dark shining our touch down the steps deep down to the gorge was a little scary thou, but once u get down,..suprise!! there was a crowd Suddenly u forget all the fear hahaha

Visited February 2012