“Great Stay at HuaLian!”
Review of Bayview B&B

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Hualien County
Bayview B&B
Ranked #75 of 1,613 Hualien County B&B and Inns
Reviewed 6 July 2014

i stayed in this minsu in May 2013.

it just beside the beach. sunrise is just right in front of the minsu. biking is available. very comfortable room. one of our favorites! the receptionist, i'm not sure if she is the owner, is very friendly and helpful. they even display the time of sunrise the next morning for the guests. breakfast is also very yummy!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank joanniong
There are newer reviews for Bayview B&B

Reviewed 4 May 2014

We spent a night in this place before we headed to Yilan. We regret not to stay for another day as this was the best B&B in my two weeks taiwan tour. This hotel is the nearest to the beach at QiXingTan. You can enjoy the awesome view of Qixingtan even at your hotel room balcony.

I like the beach as it very clean, furthermore this beach is made up by many unique stone. It really enjoy and relax siting at the hotel room balcony enjoying the sea breeze, another plus point is you can enjoy the sunrise from your room balcony, just ensure to ask the staffs from the sunrise timing. In additional, you can rent the bicycle from the B&B which is free of charge to have a ride along the beach. The B&B owner is very friendly and helpful to answer all my query about Hualian. She even give me free entry ticket for my family to visit the fish museum which located nearby.

I asked for a 4 bed room and the room is spacious for the family. The only con factor is the distance from the city area is quite far away, which you may need the staffs to book a taxi as not much taxi can be found at the area. The taxi price from the B&B to the city area is about NT$200. However the B&B do provide free pick up from the Hualian Railway Station.

This B&B provide good breakfast spreads which mainly consist local breakfast.

We will definitely go back to stay at this B&B.

Please give me a helpful vote if you find the above information is helpful to you.

Room Tip: Ask for higher floor to have a better sea view
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank myfoodlady
Reviewed 4 April 2014

it is nearest to the beach at Qixingtan! and so the price tells... :p
we can see the sunrise from our bed, all the rooms are facing the ocean
it is only 5 rooms, and the owner stay in the same building.
there are bikes free for use... take a stroll along the beach...
hotel quality services and facility. coffee, tea & biscuits available anytime at the dining area...
the only problem is not many restaurant nearby, and they close down early...

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Spent a night here before my family's day trip to Taroko Gorge in February. The service was faultless from preliminary enquiries to check-out as Juan Lin responded very promptly to all my queries and confirmations for my reservation. While we were there, Juan and his family couldn't be more hospitable.

Bayview B&B and Hotel Bayview are run and operated by the same family which offers complimentary pickup and drop-off services for all guests to/from Hualien train station. While prices are similar, the Bayview B&B is situated closer to the Qixingtan beach which offers unparalleled views of sunrise on the horizons of the Pacific Ocean. The B&B also offers a more personal and home-away-from-home feel about the place. Guests at the B&B are also welcome to the 24-hour facilities - free PCs with internet access, snacks, some hot beverages - offered at Bayview Hotel which is just a 5-minute walk away. The breakfast spread at the B&B was also fairly generous with just 5 guestrooms - it was a simple buffet-style spread with a good mix of bread and congee with cheesecakes for dessert.

Beyond its close proximity to Qixingtan (the B&B's offering free usage of bicycles for guests offered us unparalleled opportunities to explore the Qixingtan scenic area with much privacy after the numerous day-tripping tour groups are gone), I found the personable approach of Juan's family (particularly Juan and his father Tony) particularly memorable and truly sets this B&B apart from some of the other B&Bs I have stayed in.

From recommending a good seafood restaurant nearby for dinner to promptly offering a cable for my laptop's internet connection when discovering the wifi had some issues, offering invaluable advice about our forthcoming trip to Taroko and other parts of Taiwan on our itinerary, a stay at Bayview B&B offers the personal touch beyond what is synonymous of staying at a hotel/B&B. In many ways, you are treated very much as friends of the hosts.

Certainly a recommended abode for anyone planning to spend a night in Hualien before heading off to the Taroko Gorge.

Room Tip: If covering Taroko Gorge is part of your itinerary, I would suggest you spend a night here and arriv...
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 1 January 2014

Perhaps it was because our trip to Taiwan this time involved staying in another B&B in Yilan, hence we felt a little disappointed with the experience at Bayview B&B as we were expecting more of a homestay feel, rather than the usual hotel experience. It might be because we had less interaction with Mr. Lin Huan as compared to the other reviewers? The only time we met him was during a short drive which he took into the city centre and did a thorough recommendation of the local eats and must-try foods - that was really nice of him, as he even drove round another time to show us more options before letting us alight.

We spent 3 nights at Bayview B&B, and enjoyed the proximity to the sea and the wonderful sea views. Breakfast was good - with eastern (porridge with side dishes) and western (toast, chicken nuggests, fresh fruits and cheesecake for dessert) options available. Rooms were made up properly everyday with toiletries and bath towels replaced, as well as 4 bottles of bottled water replenished daily (you could also get more bottled water supply from the 2nd floor). The usual cable television in Taiwan hotels was also available.

However, on our first morning which we were planning to go to Taroko Gorge for the day, the trip recommendations from the front desk were less than desirable - only the option for a pre-booked car was recommended. When I mentioned the more economical option of the Taroko tourism bus service (台湾好行) , I was simply told that it provides less flexibility in timing as the last bus leaving Taroko is around 4-5pm (information which we already knew from our research online). Nonetheless, they did arrange for the hotel driver to take us to the bus station (which is next to Hualien Train Station).

In a nutshell, our stay was not bad, but that's what it was - not a bad one. We just weren't sold on Bayview being a B&B offering the Taiwanese "minsu 民宿" experience, which we had experienced elsewhere in another B&B.

But if you are looking for a comfortable, clean place to stay in Hualien with hotel room amenities (minus the concierge/ room-service/ coffee house) and close proximity to the sea and fantastic sea views - choose Bayview B&B (which is nearer to the beach compared to Bayview Hotel - which is also run by the same owners).

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank wongmlp
Reviewed 29 December 2013

Most B&B's have one shortcoming or another. If the location is central (to amenities), it will not have a view. If it has a view, then it could be miles away from modern conveniences (grocery store) or comforts of a home (free wifi, reverse air conditioning). Not so with Bayview B&B (望海樓), which is why it is my favorite homestay in Taiwan.

望海樓 is a short 15min drive from Hualien station (the B&B provides free transportation until 6pm, after which you need to take a cab, fare NT$250). But if you're feeling lazy, it's perfectly fine not to travel to/from the city as the B&B is about 5min walk from a 24-hour grocery store, and a number of eateries. The owner was very helpful and told us which eatery was good (and of course, what to avoid).

The B&B is almost sitting on the beach (nearer to beach than Hotel Bayview) and a vast expanse of ocean greets us every morning when we step out of the balcony (full glass, unblocked view). Waiting for sunrise cannot be any easier than this....Breakfast (7.30am - 9am) is simple, but tasty.

Cycling along the track is an enjoyable family activity and the B&B provides free bicycles for guests. (Parents, do not worry, they have baby seats.)

Postcard pretty, accessible location, comforts of home and a very reasonable price tag...so what are you waiting for?

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank nlaykhim
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I spent 2 nights at wang hai lou. Initially I was pretty disappointed that I couldn't get a room at Hotel Bayview as there were LOTS of good reviews about the place. But guess what... Bayview B&B is actually run by the same family that's running hotel bayview! In fact B&B is their first setup.

Although the rooms at the B&B are not thematic (ocean design, etc), they are clean spacious and very refreshing. The way how you expect a home to be. So you definitely feel at home. :)
And... I think B&B is probably slightly closer to the ocean than the hotel, tho it's at the further end of the beach. During my stay there, I saw people camping out at the beach to watch the sunrise, I kinda just stepped onto the balcony with coffee and marvelled at the sights. (heh heh!) So I feel less bummed when the weather wasn't that good for sunrise; I just hopped back into bed.

It's probably 5-10 mins stroll away from the convenience store, so midnight snack is not a problem at all.

Breakfast was taiwanese porridge and dishes. I LOVE the porridge there, almost like the hong kong congee. The perfect kinda food after binging on all the junk food at night market.

Also, I booked my whale watching trip one day before through the B&B and it was really memorable. It was cheaper than the published rate offered by the whale watching company.

The owners (Juan and lin huan) were really kind and helpful. My trip was to hualien was shortly after the typhoon and the road conditions to Taroko Gorge were not really certain. They provided quite a few alternative routes that I can take, although we went to Taroko Gorge in the end and had a good time there. Also, while I was trying to figure out how to get all the luggages (there were 6 of us all with huge luggages) to the railway station after we are done with whale watching, Juan offered to get her staff to send our luggages to the railway station at the timing we agreed upon. Top-notch service!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family