I came with my boyfriend to explore Taroko Gorge over the weekend and we were both blown away by the quality of this hotel. Beautifully decorated interior gives an immediate sense of relaxation and well-being while the infinity pool and jacuzzi on the roof was definitely our favorite part. The staff were all incredibly friendly and warm and also spoke good English.
There are bikes for rent, and shuttle buses that are offered to get you around the park.
My only suggestion would be to bring snacks and things with you if you are so inclined because the dining options are limited. There is a Western buffet and a Chinese a la carte restaurant, but they both close at 10, and the hotel shop doesn't stock any crackers or chocolate for your late night enjoyment if you decide (as we did) to make tea and sit on the balcony to listen to the river.
In all, I will definitely be back. Thanks Silks Place for an unforgettable weekend!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Silks Place Taroko is part of the FIH Regent Group, under the Silks Hotel brand. Away from the city center, this mountainside hotel, located in Hualien County, is the only 5-star hotel within the Taroko National Park. Silks Place Taroko is designed with Modern Chinese style, combining Taroko's cultural and environmental characteristics, creating "elegant and sophisticated resort life style" with exclusive services. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Evoline ltd, Ebookers, HotelQuickly and Cancelon so you can book your Silks Place Taroko reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Silks Place Taroko Hotel Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hualien
- Grand Formosa Taroko Hotel