“you have the most wonderful staffs !!”

Promisedland Resort & Lagoon
Ranked #11 of 128 Hotels in Hualien County
Taiwan
“you have the most wonderful staffs !!”
Reviewed 19 November 2013

The staffs there are so wonderful. I like to say the rezort has best resources - their staffs. The staffs are all enthusiasm to serve the hotel guests. They greeted us sincerely & truly care our feeling a lot. I am quite amazing how does the management can make their staffs work so hard to serve customers. I have been travled many countries and I can say the hotel is definitely be award top 100 resort in the world. This is my 2nd time visited this resort and I am so touch by their efforts to maintain such big land. I like to say thank you to those staffs who stationed at lobby area to offer extra hands to search my 12 year old boy while we couldnt locate him. Also like to thank the staff who dedicated a driver to send my 3 year old daughter to see Dr all the way without extra charge. When I was panic, I can feel they were also worried and eager to help us. I am so touch with your service and my family all had great time there. By the way, I also stayed at 2 nights at hotel bayview ranked #1 in hua lian city. I just like to say it is hard to compare apple and orange because they are targeted different customers. For famiky with kids like me, promised land resort is truly number one choice.

Room Tip: Ask for rooms near lobby but it may quite hard due to its popularity.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank axycl
issac t, 公關經理 at Promisedland Resort & Lagoon, responded to this review, 1 December 2013
Dear Axycl
We appreciate your visiting and praised our staff. It was our pleasure and honor to have you visited our resort. If there is any needs of our services in the future, please feel free to contact with us anytime. All of our staffs will be more than happy to assist you anytime.
With regards,
Warm greeting from Promisedland Resor

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (13)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 November 2013

I was invited to a conference being held at this resort hotel. Took a twin to room to share with a colleague at the meeting. Upon arrival, nice reception area and efficient service, followed by golf cart ride to our room, although it was not far away. Room large, spacious and well equipped. Views from the windows beautiful, various lagoon and plantation sights. No minibar, but there was a fridge and a call to reception produced beer to stock it (including top up at 3am). Aircon very effective. Wifi fine (free) but bit slow.

Restaurant selection fairly limited (one chinese one varied with some western), snacks and drinks also from pool bar. Being typically Taiwanese no actual bar at night, but the western type restaurant happy to serve drinks, closing at midnight.

Conference facilities very comfortable, main room had tables so easy to take notes/use lap top (good wifi) etc...

No time to venture out so can not comment on general location, but for this 3-night stay was perfect!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
issac t, Public Relations Manager at Promisedland Resort & Lagoon, responded to this review, 14 November 2013
Dear Mr. ProfJackman
We appreciate your visiting and interests in Promisedland Resort. It was our pleasure and honor to have you visited our resort. If there is any needs of our services in the future, please feel free to contact with us anytime. All of our staffs will be more than happy to assist you anytime.

With regards,
Warm greeting from Promisedland Resort.
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 16 September 2013

I have been in Taiwan many times for business trip, but this summer we had decided to take a week for family vacation to Taiwan. After a little investigating, it seemed clear that the place to stay was the Promisedland Resort, located in Hualien, eastern Taiwan, it offers amazing view of lagoon, and the most wonderful staff I have ever met there.
The Resort in Hualien exceeded all my expectations. It was like the perfect vacation you never even imagined, you can do whatever you want such as boat ride, SPA program, horse-back riding, bicycle tour, DIY stone-oven bread baking class, aboriginal bamboo rafting, feeding animal etc… On our first few walks to the hotel night show, we were usually picked up by a cart and told to call next time.
I finally realized that the Promisedland Resort had selected as best world 100 Hotel and Resort by the Images Publishing group. Wow! I am so happy I have been there, And I look forward to returning soon. See again! Promisedland Resort!!

Room Tip: Every guest room has view of lagoon, I would recommend guest room at cottage one or two, peaceful ar...
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
Plcresort, 公關經理 at Promisedland Resort & Lagoon, responded to this review, 9 March 2015
Dear honoured guest,
Thank you for sharing your precious opinions here. We are happy that you liked us and had a great time during your stay. Promisedland continuously offers interesting packages for our guests, no matter you're coming with family members, couples, or doing business trips, etc. Staying with us in Promisedland just couldn't be better, so don't forget to count us into your consideration next time you visit Hualien. We are hoping to see you again very soon! Many thanks and all the best .
Hualien, T'ai-wan, Taiwan
Reviewed 31 March 2013

Location: The hotel is 20-30minutes away from downtown of Haulein. You may arrange shuttle bus from hotel when you make your booking. The hotel is much more like a little resort that features in its spanish, mediterranean architecture style.

Front desk staff: The staffs are all kind but mainly speak in Chinese. After checking in, they will drive you with your luggage to your suite.

Room: I stay in a 4 people’s suites for a night. The room is really comfortable and luxurious with enough space for four people. The view is also very nice, indeed.

Restaurant: The restaurant serves delicious cuisine both in chinese and western flavor!! Definitely worth its price. You may also buy their feature dessert: honey cake.

Overall it’s a good experience, I think it’s more suitable for people want a lazy vacation=)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Yichingchen
Taipei
Reviewed 30 October 2012

This is a beautiful place, a nice getaway for the whole family. Having stayed at Farglory our previous two visits (before our kids came along), we wanted to go somewhere where our two young kids (3 and almost 1) could enjoy. Promisedland seemed like the ideal place, with a small waterpark, animals, boat rides, etc. We enjoyed our 3 day, 2 night visit, but we'd say this place is good, not great. For what we paid, we were expecting a little more. The staff are all very friendly and professional, the food is pretty good (but Farglory's is better), but sad to say, our hotel room floor was dirty when we arrived...we ended using a bath towel and cleaning it ourselves not once, but three times since our young one was crawling and we like to walk barefoot on the floors. We told the hotel staff when we checked out and they were exceptionally nice about it and apologized and told us we should have told them earlier, but...

Room Tip: Our room was a bit of a walk from the lobby / restaurants / activities. If your kids are small, you...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
Taipei
Reviewed 10 October 2012

I just came back from a 2 day vacation. I have stayed at Promise Land for several times and I was never disappointed. I specially love the staffs. Always smiling and very helpful. The rooms I have stayed in is always spacious. Love their breakfast. They also have a very nice poor. I will definitely come back any chance I have.

Room Tip: Bring insect repellent if you visit on spring and summer.
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Happyhare06
Los Angeles, California
Reviewed 18 July 2012

A 3 hour train ride from Taipei, Taiwan, this place is like no other. Taking the train you're able to see the picturesque mountains, coast, and small towns. It's part of the adventure. It's nestled between the mountains but very accessible because of the major roads. This place is for pure relaxation. The villas are impressive, and the grounds are beautifully covered with an amazing landscape. Many activities to partake in... but it's definitely a place to R E L A X!

Room Tip: Indulge and go for the upgrade corner rooms
  • Stayed April 2012, travelled with family