“Amazing Tour Guide!”

Spectacular Hiking in Taroko Gorge: Zhuilu Old Trail
Ranked #3 of 28 Tours in Hualien County
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Hello, we are a locally based tour service provider. We would like to show you the beauty of Hualien.
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Amazing Tour Guide!”
Reviewed 16 August 2014

William Ho is a wonderful guide. He speaks English fluently and made the non-Mandarin speakers in our family feel very comfortable as he explained the sights to us. From the moment he picked us up at the airport to the moment we departed Hualien, William packed in a lot of sights without making us feel rushed. His car was clean and air-conditioned (it is HOT during the summer) and drove us around to all the sites. He let us walk around as much as we wanted, but was also around to take us to our next destination if we were tired. The rhythm of the tour was just right. William has a wealth of knowledge about the region. His pleasant demeanor and humorous anecdotes mad the tour very interesting. Even my 12-year-old and 9-year-old boys weren't bored! William obviously loves Hualien and it showed in his enthusiasm for showing as many sites as he could to us during our very limited time there (just a day)! We hope to return to Hualien when the boys are older and try the river tracing tour. Thank you William for helping us take home many unforgettable memories from Hualien!

4 Thank Karuna S
EyeTravelTaiwan, Manager at Eye Travel Taiwan, responded to this review, 7 July 2016
This is customer success manager of Eye Travel Taiwan. Mugumuyu is a beautiful paradise in Hualien. Swimming or playing in crystal water is an experience that you cannot easily have in any other place in the world. We are very happy you enjoy your trip and gain something from the trip with us. We are always like to show our guest the best part of Hualien. We welcome you to come back or recommend your friend to us. Cheers!

• Chinese (Traditional) first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Excellent private tour guide!”
Reviewed 12 August 2014 via mobile

I enjoyed and also learned a lot from William in the tour of river tracing,rock climbing, and photographing, etc. If you love outdoor activities and you want a different and unique traveling experience, then "EYE TRAVEL TAIWAN" will definitely be ur best choice.

Visited August 2014
3 Thank 沁柔 陳

Perth, Western Australia, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“Don't forget to book river tracing!!”
Reviewed 9 August 2014

A friend and I organised our 3 day Hualien visit from Mr William Ho. We went during the typhoon season and was unlucky not to visit Taroko Gorge and the Zhuilu Jhuilu Old Trail due to landslides and road closures. Despite this, Will was able to arrange alternative activities that showcased Hualien.

The day we arrived (we were supposed to visit Taroko Gorge), Will greeted us and helped settle us in by bringing us to a local shop for some breakfast. Those onion buns and soya milk gave us the kick we needed to get our day started! Will organised bike hire from the Giant Bike Shop and showed us routes to take for a steep hike which despite us not reaching the top (it was 35 degrees!!) gave us a panoramic view of the city. He also showed us a local river pool that we could dip ourselves in after the hike.

Day 2 was river tracing! This is a MUST DO!! On the day, William put us in a group of 6 which ensures that firstly we are safe, (in total 4 guides including Will) and that we could go at our own pace and not be held up. We saw some larger groups and they did not travel as far up the river as our group. My friend and I love outdoor activities and this was a great combination of hiking (mostly create your own path!), cliff jumping, abseiling, rock climbing, jumping rock to rock and swimming. The guides really do look after you, they carried (HEAVY) backpacks for all the pots, pans, bowls, ingredients for a hot lunch (chicken noodles!!) and take photos for you too. Will added a little extra to the end of our day taking us to the local beach to chillax after a tiring day! BTW if you have a go pro - take it out river tracking!! I got some good footage using a chest strap.

On our last day, Will took us Kayaking. For those who get motion sickness - be prepared! I thought I'd be okay as I thought that if I was being active I won't notice it. But kayaking in the Pacific Ocean must be different! All I can say is that William will always ensure your safety and well being. The guides that he orgasnised for the kayaking were professionals and we're able to bring me back to shore so I could have a rest while the other ventured further on. I'd also recommend lots of sunscreen and to be covered up - you might get interesting tan lines afterwards!!! After Kayaking Will took us to the entrance of Taroko Gorge and brought us to a secret spot where we could relax, enjoy the beautiful scenery and have one last dip in the river!

Will, thank you again for showing us around Hualien and looking after us! I will definitely have to come back so I can finally visit Taroko Gorge and complete the Zhui Jhui Lu Trail!

5 Thank Jessica Q
This is customer success manager of Eye Travel Taiwan. I am glad that we achieve Zhuilu Old Trail together and create a memorable memory in Hualien. We are always like to show our guest the best part of Hualien. We welcome you to come back or recommend your friend to us. Cheers!

Singapore, Singapore
6 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Incredibly memorable adventure!”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

My friends and I couldn't be happier with Eye Travel's River Tracing tour. We trekked, slushed and drifted through the Sanzhan River with glee, and had a grand time jumping off boulders and cannonballing into the water. The hearty lunch cooked especially by our guides as we camped by the riverbank was a nice touch too. We genuinely felt like being in an excursion with good friends, instead of just being visitors. I made this video of our trip to Hualien County, with a lot of shots from the River Tracing tour: https://vimeo.com/101668359. Many thanks, Eye Travel Tour!

5 Thank IshG
This is customer success manager of Eye Travel Taiwan. Thank you for taking out of time from your busy schedule to write a review for us. I am glad that you love the trip with us and William Ho. We will look forward to your next visit. See you next time.

Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 28 helpful votes
“Taroko at its best”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

We were lucky enough to book William's services for our only day in Taroko area.
Having traveled in numerous countries around the world, William's perfect professionalism, thorough knowledge of the Taroko area, funny sense of humor and immediate friendship made the whole trip a pure, genuine and everlasting experience.
Without further details, he has a lot of secret spot to share with you, and the most wonderful Lemonade in the world. We didn't want to take a bus tour, or a simple taxi but to feel the real experience of Taroko Gorges and he made our wish come true.
I would simply recommend to anyone wanting to make the best out of this outstanding natural wonder to go ahead and book William's privileged tour.

Thank you again, William !

3 Thank Sarah m