“Very fresh and very tasty seafood.”

Hongmaogang Sea Food Restaurant
Ranked #148 of 3,457 Restaurants in Kaohsiung
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Seattle, Washington
“Very fresh and very tasty seafood.”
Reviewed 20 May 2014 via mobile

This was a short walk from the 85-Sky-Tower Hotel and well worth it. i don't speak the language however that was never an issue. They don't have an english language menu however the maitre d' had some cards with english and between the two of us we were able to put together a very excellent dinner. I had the plate that shows on the Trip Advisor list of restaurants on the Hongmaogang Sea Food Restaurant entry, three beautifully fresh slices of raw tuna, two raw shrimp, and two generous slices of raw squid. What was interesting was that one shrimp was deveined and one wasn't, the deveined one was better. Next was a spring roll done with leeks and squid, excellent. The other aspect I very much appreciated was that you could order wine from a wine list that wasn't extensive but was certainly adequate. You could also order 1/2 bottles of wine which worked just fine and is a bit unusual in Kaohsiung. I also had a side dish of fried rice to go along with the final dish which I couldn't figure out exactly what it was however if I had to guess I would say it was a type of striped bass. All in all, a very enjoyable evening and a very good value.

Visited April 2014