“Great stay at Hotel Dua”
Review of Hotel Dua

Hotel Dua
Ranked #18 of 319 Hotels in Kaohsiung
Singapore, Singapore
“Great stay at Hotel Dua”
Reviewed 5 May 2014

We spent 2 nights in a 12ping room in Dua and was pleasantly surprised by the huge double room and nice soft pillows. Service was good from check in to check out. Breakfast selection is quite limited but breakfast area on the roof level offers a really great view. Convenient location with the train station and Liu He night market nearby.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Michiemich_04
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 8 May 2014
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Kaohsiung! We would like to thank you for your valuable comments as well as your patronage of Hotel dùa.

Guest comments are vitally important in the hospitality industry. Your generous and kind compliments are greatly appreciated and have been shared with the hotel staff. Through such input, we hope to provide even greater comfort and enjoyment to our guests.

Thank you for taking the time and effort to share your experience with us. We look forward to more of your valuable comments and visits in the future!

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
Split,Croatia
Reviewed 29 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel for one night only. Check in was very quick and efficient. Within minutes I was in my 14-ping room. Room is very comfortable, large and well equipped. Decor is a bit on the dark side but materials are looking natural with lots of wood and black stone. Actually, this is in stark contrast with busy streets outside. Air-conditioning works fine. Beds are a bit hard but comfortable. In addition to the free bottles of water, there are four cans of soft drinks in the small fridge which are also complimentary. Breakfast for two is included in the price and is served in the restaurant at 15th floor. Food offered is of good quality with enough to choose from for every taste. Personnel is good in English, cheerful and helpful.
Wi-fi network throughout the hotel is quite fast and consistent.
There is a lounge in the lobby where complimentary drinks and light food is served.
Check out took less than five minutes.
I left hotel Dua absolutely happy. Certainly, there are things I would like to be better but for this price one gets more than the fair share.
I will come back here if in Kaohsiung again and will gladly recommend this hotel.

Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank openseas
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 30 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Hotel dùa and thank you for your wonderful comment about your last visit to Kaohsiung!

We are delighted to hear that our hospitality and room facilities has made your trip pleasant and that our combined effort has left a good impression during your stay. Thank you so much for your valuable feedback, we will pass along your comments to the rest of our staff members.

Please do not hesitate to contact us, should you have any further feedback or suggestions or require any assistance at all. We would like to thank you once again for your fond appraisal and we genuinely look forward to your next stay!
Reviewed 23 April 2014 via mobile

I was really surprised by its front desk guest officer, very well trained! Both check in and check out was smooth
The room itself was great
I personally like it very much
I think it's a good value place to stay!

• Stayed April 2014
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 26 April 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing Hotel dùa as your residence in Kaohsiung! All the team members appreciate your kind words and positive feedback about your last stay with us.

We are pleased to know that you are satisfied with our service and room facilities. This encourages us to work harder and move our service up to the next level. We certainly hope to see you again in the very near future!
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We stay one night in a room for 2 with super single twin bed and the room is just great! I would recommend this hotel but you just have to pay a little bit but I think it's worth the price! We pay Nt4000 for 1night!

Room Tip: Room comes in different size of different room type so it depends on what you need!
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 25 April 2014
Dear Ms. Chan,

Thank you for staying at Hotel dùa Kaohsiung and taking your precious time to share your comments with us. We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay. It is always delightful to receive positive feedback from our guests and we have shared your satisfaction and kind words with all the associates.

Ms. Chan, the entire team sincerely appreciate your patronage and encouragements so that we may serve our guests better in the future. And we are looking forward to your next visit to Kaohsiung!
Taipei, Taiwan
Reviewed 7 April 2014

I was down in Kaoshiung for a friend's wedding and heard alot of good comment about Hotel Dua therefore my wife and I decided to stay in this hotel. When we arrived, the hotel looks good and location is perfect. Only less than a minute walk to the MRT station. Checked in smoothly and the rooms were great. We were recommended by the staff to go check out their bar if we have time, so we went up to the bar after my friend's wedding for few drinks. We ordered a bottle of champaign and some food, before we leave the bar we asked if we can have some normal drinking water. The staff answered we only sell water. I asked the satff again I don't want sparkling or bottled water as we were about to leave. I only want normal drinking water. The satff said no again and left. Few minutes later, she came back with half jar of water and said " this is for you as a courtesy ". No glasses were provided for us to drink. We left the bar and went back to the room. (The bar is full of mosquito as well).

The next day we went up for breakfast (same place as the bar), we were guided to our seats and when we sat down I told the staff I would like to have coffee (the coffe cup were setup on the table already) and the staff told me " there is a coffee machine over there by the buffet counter, you can help yourself " I was shocked to hear this and if it is a self serve coffee then why would they setup the up on the table?! Anyway the hotel is nice, the food quality is not bad but the service is terrible. I will go back again to stay but will not try their bar or restaurant again until the service has improved....

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Ricky604
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 12 April 2014
Dear Ricky604,

Thank you for your review and for choosing Hotel dùa during your last stay in Kaohsiung!

We would like to deeply apologize for giving you a disappointing dining experience in our restaurant. The incidents you have described have indicated that there are a couple of things we could improve upon to make your stay even better. Rest assured that The Food and Beverage Department Heads are well-aware of these mistakes and they will certainly conduct better and more intensively training in order to keep up the service quality.

Thank you for sharing your comments with us. They are vitally important in the hospitality industry, and improvements are only possible if we truly understand our guest's experience. Please accept our sincere apology and we hope to be of your service again very soon!
Vancouver
Reviewed 1 April 2014

Stayed here on a business trip for 4 nights in March. Close to many restaurants, located next to Post Office where tourists can exchange money at decent rate, across from 7-11 and steps from underground (MRT) station.

Rooms are spacious and quite new. Large bathrooms and comfortable beds with good work and rest area. The breakfast that was included in my rate was very good with lots of options. Wonderful front desk and housekeeping saff. Highly recommended!

• Stayed March 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Becksman
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 10 April 2014
Dear Becksman,

Greetings from the sunny side of Taiwan! Thank you for the positive review about your experience at Hotel dùa Kaohsiung.

We are glad to read that you enjoyed our facilities and our services. All the hotel team members sincerely value your feedback and we hope that you would consider Hotel dùa as your residence in Kaohsiung again when you return next time!

We look forward to welcoming you back soon.
NYC
Reviewed 1 April 2014

This hotel definitely has stylish design and decor. It has elegant and cozy feel, across the entire facility. The location is close to MRT with market nearby. The breakfast offers nice selection of variety and quality. The 14-ping room was stylish and comfortable, but missing a full-size mirror.

The service was quite average, especially you immediately knew the staff was new in hotel hospitality. Kaohsiung was my second stop in Asia, followed by a trip in China, and one main reason of choosing Hotel Dua was its self-service laundry room.

After wondering around in the laundry room and seeing certain section was fenced and locked, I contacted the front desk about access or key. I was told it was closed for renovation/maintenance. I questioned why I wasn't informed at time of check-in, and asked if there is a full-service laundromat nearby. She replied that the hotel has laundry service or I could search on internet. I was only staying in Kaohsiung for one night and would not be able to get my laundry back from the hotel in time for my departure. That's the reason of choosing a hotel with self-service laundry.

Another slight issue was at check-in. Since I arrived early around 11:30am, I asked to see if the room was ready. I understand the hotel check-in time isn't until 3pm, so I offered to pay for early check-in. Apparently, my room was ready and I paid 50% of original rate for 3 hours. It is not the money that bothered me, but it's the unwillingness of the staff during our conversation. I, as the guest, had to think of alternative solution, while the staff simply says, "sorry, the check-in time is at 3pm." It felt like dealing with automated answering system (smiling robots), throughout the entire stay. That is just lack of experience and insufficient training on the part of staff.

Overall, the hotel has great potential. As time goes by, the staff will become more experienced.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled on business
Hoteldua_Kaohsiung, 客戶關係經理 at Hotel Dua, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Dear legend2x,

Thank you so much for taking the time to provide us with your valuable comments. Yet, we are sorry to hear about your disappointment with our service at the reception desk during your last stay with us.

Please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconvenience caused by self-service laundry and early check in issues. We have no excuse for the shortfall in service and regret that the situation was not handled properly.

Your feedback and experience have helped us to identify key areas in which we must focus our attention and efforts. And we surely will strive to provide better service that guest such as you have come to expect in the future.

Thank you and we do hope to see you again soon!