“A lovely and homely hostel with the charm of a kindergarten”
Review of Luyo Hostel

Luyo Hostel
Singapore, Singapore
“A lovely and homely hostel with the charm of a kindergarten”
Reviewed 12 December 2013

Its rare that a hostel gives me the 'home away from home' feeling but Luyo is one of them. A brightly decorated hostel based on the theme of 'The Little Prince', it exudes a warm and innocent feeling one often associates with kindergartens.

The hostel owner is a friendly man eager to assist us in whatever way he can during our stay there. The entire hostel, including the rooms and the bathrooms was brightly lit, emphasising how neat and clean the place really is. It is a welcome change from many hostels which prefer a dimly lit environment. It is convieniently about a 3 minutes walk away from Yanchengpu station. Amendities-wise, the place had everything I needed, two sockets to myself on my bedside, my personal lamp, laundry facilities and even free rental of bicycles. The biggest plus was the large space available to me even though I rented only a bed in a 6 person dorm. My friends who rented a twin room had ample space in their room as well.

The hostel is a really charming and comfortable place which was a huge factor why my friends and I enjoyed Kaohsiung so much. I am writing this from an arguably decent hostel in Taipei a day after leaving Luyo. Being a being melodramatic here but I do find myself missing Luyo already.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends