This is one of the most expensive hotels I have stayed at, along with Conrad in Tokyo and W in Taipei, but it seriously failed to live up to my expectations. But first, let's take a look at what was good:
- The location. Smack on the beach, it only takes a couple of minutes to get from your room to the ocean.
- The size of the room (honeymoon suite). It was huge! And the bathroom had a nice double bath tub with a view of the ocean. Lovely!
- The self serve soft ice cream machine at the buffet :-)
- The Japanese drum game in the activity room, and the free Xbox games.
- The setting for the complimentary buffet breakfast and dinner. Even though the quality of the food was decent, the restaurant itself was packed full of people and the noise level was incredibly high. During dinner there was also some karaoke thing going on on the outside of the restaurant which only added to the noise level. The total stress level was incredible, and it felt like I would get a heart attack.
- The complimentary beach beds along the beach were made from wood and there were no mattresses available, making them extremely uncomfortable to relax on.
- There were no beds in the pool area, which was a bit strange.
- Complimentary beach sandals were provided on a daily basis (yes, one pair of free sandals per guest per day) but no slippers? Very odd.
All in all the stay was enjoyable, but things felt a bit weird somehow. I guess my expectations to this resort differed from most other guests, being European.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- An exclusive 5-star resort set right on the most beautiful beach in Taiwan. Our ocean-view rooms have unspoilt 180 degree ocean views. Ground floor rooms and suites have private outdoor patios that lead right on to the beach. Outdoor heated spa massage pool, fitness center looking out over the ocean, beachside evening BBQ and live music, beach bar, 3 restaurants, tours to local attractions, beach hammocks and recliners, beautiful gardens and surroundings. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Agoda, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Chateau Beach Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Chateau Beach Hotel Pingtung
- Chateau Beach Resort Taiwan/Pingtung County