“Remodeled beachfront resort”

Ranked #4 of 107 Hotels in Pingtung County
Bay Area, CA
“Remodeled beachfront resort”
Reviewed 29 December 2011

Stayed here for one night as part of a tour package. The hotel seems decrepit on the outside as it is the smaller of the beachfront properties. Upon arrival, the bell team quickly handled our luggage and we were on our ways to our room.

Upon closer examination, the property is extremely dated and was recently remodeled. Walls were merely painted over to cover cracks etc.

The room itself was on the smaller side The bathroom consists of a set of sliding panels that you close when one utilizes the bathroom. Otherwise, the bathroom is in full view of the room.

The bed quality was decent for Asia standards. There were complimentary beverages, fruit, newspaper, and wireless high-speed Internet.

The dinner buffet was good. Lots of fresh seafood. ...we were so stuffed that we had to walk through the night market next to the resort!

The breakfast again was good, with a good selection of Western (eggs, ham, toast, pastries), and Asian (dumplings, dan dan noodles etc.)

Service was excellent. Our room was missing a couple face towels. The front desk agents spoke English and the towels were delivered to our room within minutes!

• Stayed December 2011, travelled with family

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (44)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Turkish first
Red Deer, Canada
Reviewed 9 December 2011

Luxury & relaxation! Beautiful rooms, clean and very modern. The groud floor rooms have a lovely, very private, garden/patio with a private spa tub. Very romantic! The bathroom was really special. Nice private pool area, beatiful gardens, nice piano bar lounge and friendly, helpful staff who spoke English! The beach located across the road was sheltered in Little cove and was delightful. The Blue Girl bar on the beach was a wonderful place in the evenings with lights and the moon on the water. The food was typical bar fare.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ontheroadagain006
London, England
Reviewed 8 November 2011

If there is one word that I would use to describe the ethos of Caesar Park, it would be "thoughtful". It seemed to me that a lot of thought and planning had gone into ensuring that the most was made of the hotel's location and that the guests' needs were anticipated and taken care of as far as possible. The quiet path to the beach, which bypasses the road, the charming and helpful staff who happily took my postcards to stamp and post - even the parrots in the lobby which, whilst slightly cheesy, did succeed in cultivating the relaxed, tropical ambience.

For me, Caesar Park does succeed in being a "luxury hotel" although I get the sense that it is a real battle to maintain this feel given the onslaught of tour bus passengers touching down briefly at the hotel before barrelling on to the next little regarded destination. The only circumstance where I really felt this sense of the hotel as a revolving door (rather than a place for guests to relax and feel at home) was at breakfast. The quality of the food at breakfast was quite mediocre and breakfast felt more like a feeding frenzy in a cafeteria than an enjoyable meal in a quality hotel. It's hard to say how things could be improved in a hotel of this size but even some classical music played in the background could have calmed and improved the atmosphere. It is strange that breakfast felt so busy, when at all other times the hotel felt very relaxed and intimate despite its size. We stayed in a room with a garden and jacuzzi, which was really oustanding. The garden was stocked with orchids and banana plants and the room itself was very modern and slick in its decoration. I really didn't see any of the tiredness mentioned by other contributors in any part of the hotel.

The hotel is well located, a few minutes walk from the busy and entertaining main drag of Kenting. Kenting has many good bars and restaurants but few decent restaurants (that we could find) serving Taiwanese cuisine. For this, we happily ate at the hotel restaurant. The beach next to the hotel is nice and sandy, with clean, calm, warm water. It's not on a par with tropical beaches in, say, the Carribean but it is certainly the best we found in Taiwan (I don't share the excitement of others concerning Baisha beach) and ticks all the boxes in terms of sand and sea. Venture more than fifteen yards from the shore and you'll have the water to yourself as the locals don't seem keen on swimming any distance from the shore. The hotel's beach bar is a great place to enjoy a sundowner.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Mutandis
Walnut, California
Reviewed 10 October 2011

I have been going to this hotel in Kenting for least over 20 years. There have been many newer hotel but nothing can compare to this place. It is not ultra luxury but for the area, it is certain the best available. The hotel it self is very clean and staffs are friendly and efficient. The rooms are very comfortable. There is shops, business center, caffee shop, bar and restaurants (2). There is also a nice pool and private walkway directly to the beach. :Location is ideal since it is within walking distance to nearby downtown Kenting for your night time stroll. I have stayed in their standard room, executive room and their suites.. and overall, every room is good and comfortable.

Room Tip: If you choose, pick the room on the ground floor as it has a outdoor jacuzzi and little garden as we...
  • Stayed March 2011, travelled with friends
6 Thank Tony S
Hong Kong
Reviewed 1 September 2011

I saw the Number One rating amongst all Kenting Hotels. So I decided to stay for 2 nights in my most recent family trip.

My family (2 adults and a 4-year old child) stayed at Caesar Park Kenting from 25 to 27 of August.

We checked in at around 5 pm on Thursday 25 of August. After the uninspiring BBQ that they included in my package (they could charge more), as well as taking the little girl to the playroom in the basement - ready to go to bed at about 10:30 pm.

Lights off. Tuck myself in and stick my feet into the space between the comforter and the sheets, Surprise..... I felt something.

As it turned out there were bread crumbs in my bed - between the comforter and sheets.

I called housekeeping. No answer. Then I called Front Office. In my limited Mandarin I told them the situation and had the housekeeper came to my room to change the sheets.

Next day at about 5 pm, I got an apologetic call from the Assistant Manager trying to reassure me that they try to clean the room before thoroughly before serving to guest. She said problem like this would not have happened (but it really did). To show their apologies they sent us 4 small pieces of cake (petite 4 size) - thank you but I don't eat cake.

It's obvious that they did not change the sheets from the previous guest-stay before releasing the room to me, I was lucky that it was only bread crumbs - it could have been worse. If they don’t change bed sheets for the next guest, you run the risk of passing skin disease from one guest to another.

Room guests don't usually check under the sheets thoroughly before sleeping - room guests usually trust the hotel, particularly a 5-star resort hotel, I believe Caesar Park Kenting has breached that trust that the guest has upon a 5-star hotelier. I really don't think the assistant manager who apologized to me or the management of this hotel is aware of the seriousness of the problem or they don't really care - thanks to their number one rating on TripAdvisor..

This is family oriented, child friendly resort hotel that charges US$200 to US$300 per room night - the hotelier should be a lot more careful. Cleanliness s of the bed should be paramount. Failsure to change bed sheets before releasing the room

About other things - breakfast is uninspiring - reminds me of college cafeteria, They would cook up 20 to 30 sunny-side up eggs, put on the buffet counter and let the diner take their pick, So much for a 5-star resort breakfast. The Chinese restaurant is quite good - though the price menu seem overpriced,

Children activities are quite well organized. The spa is good too - according to my wife. But lax housekeeping work and management’s failure to address the problem has spoiled it all for them.

Will I stay there again? I don't think so.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
11 Thank Dan-HKG
Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 30 July 2011

We spent 3 nights here in a double bed room equipped with a small garden and jacuzzi. Room can accommodate a family of 4 with free soft drinks and fruits refilled everyday. Strongly recommended.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank hnlchan
UK
Reviewed 24 July 2011

We stayed here for four nights and although it wasn't the type of hotel we usually go for, we enjoyed our stay.
The staff were very responsive and very friendly and managed to make us feel valued even though the hotel was very busy and there were lots of families staying there.
Our room was large and comfortable. During our stay we ate at the buffet restaurant and the food and variety was very good. It's all very organised regarding seating etc because it was so busy but this was done in a very friendly manner so it didn't feel at all 'bossy'!!
The swimming pool is a reasonable size and there's a path below the road which leads to the beach. The beach was OK but nothing particularly special and although they advertise snorkelling, the sea is very choppy and I suspect you can't see too much. When we were there no-one was going so we didn't get the opportunitiy to find out how good visibility is.
The location is OK, it's near a small town if you want to browse around looking for gifts to take home. It's also close to various local sights.
We enjoyed our stay here but I wouldn't revisit as the beach wasn't very good and that was our main purpose in visiting.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled as a couple