“nice staff”

Park City Hotel-Central Taichung
Ranked #20 of 264 Hotels in Taichung
“nice staff”
Reviewed 10 March 2014

The staff was nice at the reception. One of them helped us arranged a taxi tour the next day and the driver arrived punctually. Everyone member of staff was responsive and helpful.

The breakfast was ok, the room was small but adequate.

The hotel is right next to a street with a lot of outdoor snack counters.... authentic Taiwanese experience.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank angelabeckham
ElvisKao, 客戶關係經理 at Park City Hotel-Central Taichung, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Dear angelabeckham,

We are very happy to learn you enjoyed your stay with us, and thank you for sharing your good experience to all the Tripadvisor members.

we will continue to provide the best quality of service to each and every one of our guests, and we sincerely wish to see you again pretty soon.

Park City Hotel ‧ Central Taichung

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
singapore
Reviewed 8 March 2014

As I arrived with many bags, the bell boy came running! I thought it was to help me with my bags but he told my driver - to park elsewhere! So I had to unload as quickly as possible. My driver tried to help but there was no much he could do since he had to man his car.

As I struggled with my bags near the hotel's door, the same bell boy told me not to block the door. I couldn't believed my ears! Such atrocious behavior! The first such encounter I had ever had in my many years of trampling across the world. I stood fuming after moving my bags away from the hotel's door. I observed that there were 2 bell boys. They were busily helping the guests into the lift and telling all vehicles to clear off the driveway. We were the only 2 guests checking in with bags at that moment.

Breakfast the next day was another eye opener. It ends at 10am but some guests were still having their food. The staff started turning off the bread toaster. It left one guest stranded trying to figure out how to operate the thing. Another guy had to ask for some water because there was no water or juice. All were cleared away. The glasses were gone too. There was no regard for guests trying to finish their breakfast. On top of that, we had to share table with another family. It seemed there was a shortage of tables too! It was hard to keep down the breakfast I just had! Such rudeness!

Although we were to stay for 2 days, we checked out immediately. To get our refund, we had to talk to the manager. We told him everything. However, he could only offer lame apologies that lacked sincerity! There was no efforts to make amends or pursue the behavior of his staff like a manger would do. His behavior bespoke that of his staff! Spend your money elsewhere! Never ever will i return to this nasty place!

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
2 Thank twofeathersSingapore
ElvisKao, 客戶關係經理 at Park City Hotel-Central Taichung, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Dear twofeathersSingapore,

Thank you for letting us learn of your travel experience, and please accept our apology for whatever made you felt uncomfortable and inconvenient.

However we believed there must be some kind of misunderstanding within these issues. After certain internal investigation on the incidences you accused, we found the context of the whole story was not interpreted under the same discourse.

Receiving as many guests comments and reviews as possible is the most lovely thing for us, so we can learn and rethink ourselves and improve from mistakes, and we deeply appreciate that these comments can be written based on a objective and fare point of view.

We are and have always been a hotel which takes "providing the best quality of service and satisfaction to each and every of our guests" as our main goal, and we felt sorry for earning such low score from this review. We shall rethink and figure out if there is anything we can do to improve ourselves, for it is the each and every one of our guests can help us to regain your trust and our reputation.

Best Wishes

Reviewed 28 February 2014 via mobile

I love this hotel. It is spacious and practical and has useful amenities. Also it is relatively inexpensive.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
ElvisKao, 客戶關係經理 at Park City Hotel-Central Taichung, responded to this review, 3 March 2014
Dear 창완한,

Thank you for sharing your good experience to all the Tripadvisor members, and we were glad to learn you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will continue to provide the best quality of service to each and every one of our guest, and we sincerely wish to be at your service pretty soon.

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Comfortable 2-nights stay at this hotel with my parents. Room is spacious for 3 persons with 3 big luggage. They provide complete toiletries and 3 bottles of mineral water FOC every day. It's conveniently located near Taichung railway station and (of course) 7-eleven store. Breakfast provided is standard. Overall good and recommended.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Dear litalim,

It was very good to learn you like our hotel, and thank you for sharing your good experience to all the Tripadvisor members

Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 16 January 2014

we love this hotel close to every thing we always ask for rooms facing the hustle & bustle of this viabrant city, love the park with people jogging,, power walking, close to great outdoor night markets, little lanes full of great shops we have stayed there to many times to remember.
a tip to new travellers if you are not happy with service etc tell the staff know and you will find it recitfied in quick time. some of the best temples are in this area.

Room Tip: ask for a room at the very rear and on the side of the hotel some of the rear rooms are large. w...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
ElvisKao, 客戶關係經理 at Park City Hotel-Central Taichung, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear Max a,

It was very good to learn you like our hotel and thank you for sharing your lovely travel experience to all the Tripadvisor members.

We will continue to provide the best quality of service to each and every one of our guests, and hopefully to see you again in the near future.

Best Wishes

Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 January 2014

This has to be one of the nicest 4-star hotel that I have ever come across in Taiwan. It's spacious, with comfortable beds, with a well-designed bathroom.

However, our good impression of it is marred by its bad customer service (front desk manager - Mr Tsai) on the second night. We came back after a day trip to find that the bedsheets are not changed, and it's still wet. (Urine leaked from my toddler's diaper the night before.) When we called the housekeeping to change the bedsheets, the manager insisted that we have to pay for changing bedsheets. How absurd is that??? I have never come across any hotels that ask for additional cost to change bedsheets!

If it's not because of this incident, we would have good impression of this hotel. I don't think I will choose it again if I return to Taichung.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Ng G
Dear Ng G,

Thank you for letting us learn your experience, we've finished the investigation of the incident you encountered, and it seemed like there was some misunderstanding. However, please accept our apology if the attitude or words that our staff used have ever offended you or let you felt uncomfortable.

We will strengthen our staff training and education, and make sure that they use the right language and deliver the precise messages to the guests so to avoid certain misunderstanding happen again.

Once more, we are truly sorry for all the inconvenience or trouble happened to you and your family, and thank you for sharing your thought with us.

Best wishes

Singapore
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I booked the hotel through bookings.com a week before my holidays. It's a little bit late, I know, and there were only available rooms for 4 out of the 7 days that I was in Taichung. So I emailed the hotel for help. First I was surprised that they took more than 2 days and after 2 follow up emails to reply. A bit unusual for a hotel? When they finally replied, they said they can't help me.

I then asked them to arrange for transfer from airport since I'm flying into Taichung late at night. Again I heard nothing! And the transfer never came even though they quoted me the amount. When I arrived at the hotel, no apologies whatsoever.

Service aside, which was disappointing, I would say the hotel is a good place to stay for the price we paid. It's within walking distance from the train station and Miyahara. The rooms are clean and it's easy to get around. Just don't expect too much from the service staff.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Pageten
ElvisKao, 客戶關係經理 at Park City Hotel-Central Taichung, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Pageten,

We felt truly sorry for what you've experienced from your booking and checking process, we now have start to investigate what went wrong and who should be responsible for these terrible issues, and make sure that none of these things will happen ever again.

Please accept our sincere apology for letting you down dear Pageten, and thank your for letting us learn your precious comments, it was you who pushes us to keep monitoring ourselves and helping us to improve our service quality in every way.