“Location + Extra touch = reason for me to return”

Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Ranked #3 of 140 Hotels in Taoyuan
Singapore, Singapore
“Location + Extra touch = reason for me to return”
Reviewed 22 June 2014

Stayed with husband and children (7 & 5 yo) from 7 to 8 June 2014. It was our second stay with the hotel.

Booked a Standard room with an extra bed.

HOTEL SHUTTLE
Took the shuttle at airport. Waiting area was not comfortable as there were big coaches come and go, generating fumes and noises. Shuttle is small. Only standing space for us. Luckily it was only less than 10 minutes ride. Driver very helpful with lugguages.

CHECK-IN
Long queue and waited around 15 minutes. Luckily there was a little play table nearby for my children to play. Definitely a very nice arrangement I thought.

ROOM
Clean. Room is rather squeezy with the extra bed. The extra bed is not comfortable as it is short in length plus it smelled of urine. We also smelled of cigarette smoke in the room.

BATHROOM
Bathroom has a tub. The glass besides the tub can be made translucent by pressing a button. But still may not be suitable for non-family guests, in my opinion. Hair- dryer is a total let-down.

BREAKFAST
Breakfast time is from 0630 to 1100, which I thought its really good. Restaurant is big. Service staff few and probably new, not even familiar with breakfast opening hours. Good variety but quality so-so. Hot soya milk and miso soup were fantastic. We ate around 8.30am and many of the food already gone. Did not see anyone replenishing.

CHECK-OUT
A breeze.

DEPARTURE TRANSFER
Booked a taxi to HSR as hotel has stopped free shuttle since May 2014. Upon returning to room after breakfast, saw housekeeping cleaning the adjacent room and he asked if we are in time for the transfer, offering to amend time if we are not. A very nice gesture!

OVERALL
It was a nice short stay, amid the smell and squeezy room. If hotel maintain the property well and upgrade the staff, I will return..

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
9 Thank LoveWawa
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. I will share your comment to our colleagues, and take it as a case study to prevent the future occurrence.

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (149)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Palm City, Florida
Reviewed 19 June 2014

Surprisingly this is a gem is at the airport. Spacious and attractive lobby, delightful reception desk personnel, helpful employees. Free dedicated shuttle to air terminal- only 5 mins. Rooms are pleasant and TV actually has more than one English language channel. Restaurant is large, food (buffet only) is palatable. Highly recommend this one.

1 Thank skibillyt
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

Phoenix, Arizona
common_n_hotel_reviews_1bd8 1,027 helpful votes
Reviewed 19 June 2014

I have stayed at several Novotel's around Asia and find this to be one of the better ones.

The hotel shuttle is convenient even though it only runs twice an hour (on the hour and half hour from the hotel.)

The staff was very friendly and helpful at reception and the two restaurant/bar areas I visited.

The room was very comfortable with a good bed, good water pressure with plenty of hot water, good internet, a nice reading couch near the window and good TV channel choices.

I would most certainly return.

2 Thank arizonaac
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this review, 20 June 2014

Colorado Springs, Colorado
Reviewed 17 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel one night upon arrival to Taipei and one more night just before departing Taiwan. It's only a five minute free-shuttle ride to the hotel from the airport. When I arrived someone was there holding a sign up to meet me and accompany me to the hotel. That was a very nice surprise. I checked into a very nice, clean and efficient room on the fifth floor. The bed was very comfortable. The breakfast was amazing with many options. I was so impressed on the first day that I rebooked myself for the day before departure. The staff was kind and helpful. I absolutely would stay here again. Wifi was also good in all parts of the hotel.

Manila, Philippines
Reviewed 16 June 2014

Our trip was just a stopover for one night. We arrived at 6am and left 9am the next day. The earliest they could give a room was 10am without charging us half a day so we decided to just go to the city already to spend the day. IT worked well for us.

The hotel itself is in the airport complex. That being said it's not walking distance so you have to wait for the shuttle which unfortunately takes every half hour to arrive. It's free at least though I would have prefered that the hotel be right besides the airport itself or be a part of the interterminal train system like other airports. Nevertheless it is a true airport hotel.

Getting to the city is not so hard they have a free shuttle to the Taoyuan train stop about 15 minutes away which then takes exactly 20 minutes to Taipei station. The shuttle gets full easily , in our case we were not able to get a seat so we were given the option to either go back to the terminal and take a bus to various points or get the public bus to pass by on the way to the train station , we chose the latter so we could see the different choices of destinations from the airport. At night we found out that taking a taxi was not that much more expensive (about twice the combination of a bus or train with the 4 people we had) and save a bit of time since it was door to door. I would advice people in groups to just use this as it's much easier and just took 30 to 45 minutes to get to the center of town.

The hotel itself is pretty standard businessmans hotel. Well appointed , everything clean , with good service and all the basics of an international chain. The rooms were large with the latest opaque/ clear glass bathroom separator so you could see out of your bath into your room and have privacy at the touch of a button. No surprises here. I had 3 kids with me in the room and we fit easily , they were very flexible with having kids in the rooms so that worked out well for us.

All in all it's a good stay. I don't recommend this for anyone who is not doing a quick stay in Taipei, your time is probably better served being near downtown. On the other hand this is the perfect hotel for people on a quick stay and those with an early flight. No stress nor worries about being late for the airport and traffic. All in all a good stay.

Room Tip: The rooms facing the terminal ( I can't remember which side they were) can get pretty loud somet...