“Good hotel for an early flight out of Taipei”

Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport
Ranked #3 of 138 Hotels in Taoyuan
Kapiti
“Good hotel for an early flight out of Taipei”
Reviewed 5 July 2014 via mobile

Very close to the international airport for Taipei. We stayed one night - arrived late and left before breakfast. Free shuttle to the airport. Very clean and modern. Good amenities in the room. Very efficient and helpful front desk staff - I think it was the fastest checkin and checkout I have ever experienced.

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this review, 8 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive positive feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, especially to Front desk staff. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (148)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
San Diego, California
Reviewed 2 July 2014

The room was clean and the hotel was overall good. The only thing that got to me was that I went to eat lunch at their restaurant named The Square, ordered a Sprite and a cheeseburger, and it cost me $26. Be prepared to pay a lot for your food.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Katrina M
Dear Guest,

At Novotel, we strive to provide a superior service experience for every customer; therefore your feedback is very important to us. We appreciate your sharing your concerns, and it is our hope that you will give us the opportunity to better serve you in the near future.

Santa Ana, California
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We arrived around midnight after catching their free shuttle and were welcomed by a very friendly desk agent. As a Platinum member, I was upgraded from a standard room to an executive floor room on the top floor. The room had a view of the building next to the hotel, but the room was modern and nice. The bathroom was large and the bed was comfortable. I had breakfast at the restaurant downstairs because it opened earlier than the executive lounge and I had an early flight to catch. The food was good, but there was virtually no service. It felt more like a cafeteria with everything being self serve. Overall, it was comfortable and nice enough for a stay of less than 8 hours.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Dr_Drew2
EricRimbeuf, 總經理 at Hotel Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport, responded to this review, 2 July 2014
Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. It is always a pleasure to receive customer feedback.

I will share your comments with our team, especially to our Front desk agents. I am sure that this feedback will serve as an encouragement to all of our staff as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services. In the other hand, we will keep improving our breakfast service, in order to provide better experience to our guest.

Thank you again for sharing your concerns, and we hope your next visit will be as pleasant as the previous one.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The location is far from the airport, and the shuttle bus doesn't come regularly. I had to wait for an hour for the shuttle bus to come. The font desk was very cold, no smile. A good customer service should make the customers feel welcome, and this hotel failed to do so. The room was clean, but it was quite noisy. I could hear the conversations and the TV next door. Perhaps the wall was too thin? With this price, you can find better hotels elsewhere.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
14 Thank Julia W
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to tell us about your experience at the Novotel Taipei Taoyuan International Airport. I am sorry that your experience did not meet your expectations; please allow me to express my sincerest apologies.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Just checked out of this hotel. Overall not bad, but since in my opinion the hotel could be greatly improved with only a few tweaks, I thought these worth mentioning:

- Lobby temperature north of 27 degrees (and humid) saves money, but irritates guests. While I realize that in Taipei summer, savings can be had by minimizing aircon and keeping interior temperatures higher, the lobby was out-and-out hot at 6am. I and several other guests commented on it, and pointed out to staff that guests were sweating. For heaven's sake, even the shuttle to the airport, not to mention the airport itself, were much cooler, and were frankly a big relief compared to the Taoyuan Novotel. Cutting costs is a fine thing, but doing so to the extreme of annoying guests is a good way to lose customers.

- Hotel restaurant (at least at breakfast): Poor. Here, this guest would recommend the following:

1) More investment in staff training. Many waiters orbited the floor--many not doing much to all appearances--but few bothered to clear dishes, so that I had to find a waitress and ask her to clear a table so that I'd have a clean place to have breakfast. Amusingly, despite having an adequately big tray, she didn't bother to clear the adjacent tables, at which used dishes sat from a prior party. By the way, these dirty dishes remained there until at least after I finished my breakfast and left 40 minutes later. Guests shouldn't have to point this out, but it's a bit disgusting upon entering to be greeted by so many tables with "used food" and dirty dishes, especially at breakfast time.

2) Compared to hotels in other major Asian cities, the Western food choices were badly prepared, with some downright awful. Again, if this were a hotel way out "in the provinces", one would not expect much if anything in the way of foreign food, but this is an airport hotel for a major Asian international airport, arguably "the" airport hotel in Taipei. It should be able to do better. Please avoid making the mistake of not bothering to hire at least one or a few staff who know how to cook targeted foods--it does not work to have just any old staff member "fake it" by following instructions to prepare food that he/she doesn't know and would never eat themselves.

Otherwise, I found many things good about this hotel: very clean, highly convenient to airport, front desk staff hugely helpful and courteous. I mention the above items in the hopes that hotel management is listening, since addressing just these things would have big "bang for the buck" in improving the overall experience at this hotel.

[Gist of this review also copied to Novotel customer service]

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Robert L
Dear Guest,

We are appreciate your detail comment and kindly suggestions. It's a very honest comment and very useful for us. I will share your comments with our teams and improve our service to match your expectations.

Surabaya, Indonesia
Reviewed 26 June 2014

Stay one night on our way to Indonesia.
A nice room and a good breakfast.
The bathroom is pretty unique, specially for honey moon.
Should stay longer for next trip.
Great shuttle service as well since we arrived at midnight local time with 16 months old baby

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family