“Comfortable night's stay and good service”

Fullon Hotel Linkou
Ranked #41 of 150 Hotels in Taoyuan
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I stayed a night in the Fullon when I first arrived in Taiwan. The hotel was very accommodating and arranged airport pickup for me, when I arrived they had upgraded my room to a very nice suite and since it was Chinese New Years there were oranges and chocolate coins waiting for me.

The hotel was very nice and clean and the continental breakfast buffet offered a good selection of hot and cold food (though mostly asian rather than western). They also had complimentary wifi in the lobby and complimentary laundry. There was also a small exercise room, which I didn't appreciate at the time, but it turns out that this is close to the only gym that Linkou has!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank Ali W

Reviewed 24 January 2014

The Fullon in Linkou is a decent average hotel. I think it officially has a 4 star rating but it will only get 3 stars from me. The rooms are just average hotel rooms with nothing special about them. They were clean and the house keeping staffed did a good job of keeping them that way. The staff was always friendly and helpful and get my highest rating. No matter was the question or issue was, they were always willing to help.

The free breakfast has improved since the last time I stayed here, and the dinner menu in the dining room was good, but never changed. Specials were the same everyday, but decent. The hotel is located in a rural area, so there no attractions in the area. There are some good places to eat in the surrounding neighborhood if you are willing to explore and work through the language barrier, if you have one.

The hotel reminded me of one designed more as a one night stop over place for tours traveling through. I stayed for 30 days and was getting pretty tired of the area within the first couple of weeks. If you have work or activities in the Linkou area, then the Fullon is a good choice.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank TNM1954
Reviewed 20 January 2014

Traveling journalist. Stayed at many hotels around the world for work. This is the first, (that the company has paid for) that i choose to go somewhere else and pay on my own. Its location is awful. In the suburbs of Taipei with absolutely nothing to do for miles. There's not much that can be done about that. That's where the builders decided to construct. But its bad.
I'll give it points for service... the staff is insanely friendly and helpful, as much as they can be. In the winter months the rooms turn off the air condition, even though temperatures don't go much below 60, and the only sliver in the window that opens, brings in mosquitoes. Breakfast is free, but it has done wonders for my diet.. lost a few pounds. And i'll be impressed if this review makes it thru without the wifi crashing first... as it does often!.. frustrating...

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled on business
2  Thank TObiasWitt
Reviewed 25 November 2013

I accompanied a group of students on a study trip to Taiwan and we spent 2 nights in this hotel so that we could tour Taipei city. I guess my biggest grouse is that it does not appear that accessible to the city centre. Our schedule was very packed so I did not get to explore the surroundings. However, the students had no complaints about the rooms. My room was reasonably sized, clean and in good condition. Service was quick. The breakfast spread was good but the clearing of the tables could have been more efficient.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank zuluwarriors1879
Reviewed 6 October 2013 via mobile

This is the 4th time I have stayed here and every single time it's been a great experience; rooms are always clean and in tiptop condition, staff is excellent and complimentary breakfast is always well stocked with good food selection; I definitely recommend it if you're staying in the area

Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Veliz24
Reviewed 5 October 2013

Stayed at the Fullon, as I was working at Chang Gung Memorial Hospital which was just minutes away by foot so very convenient. Staff at hospital recommended I stay at this hotel.

Staff was friendly and I liked the fact that they had car service available to/ from Taipei airport approx. 25 minutes away.

Breakfast buffet diverse offering both Western options along side traditional very tasty.

Hotel room comfy and Internet access very good.

I will stay here for future trips to the area which will be in early 2014.

Room rates good ...I think you won't be disappointed should this be your hotel choice if
In the area.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled on business
2  Thank rcwinter1
Reviewed 7 May 2013

stayed here for the third time, staff are still so great, very polite, they go out of their way to help you. Rooms are huge, comfy and clean, maybe do with some new carpeting but thats maybe just me being picky. breakfast selection is good for both Asian and Western tastes overall great hotel

Mark Adam