Cleanliness - It is spotless! Coming from a clean freak like me, you can be assured of this.
Serenity - If you're sick of your city life, this is a great place to take a break. I suggest taking an extra day up (ie. 4D3N instead of the package of 3D2N) to go a forest nearby the tourist home with a waterfall--which is 10 mins away by walking--on the last day.
Food - Everything is home made. They ensure their food are fresh. Including going down to the foothill or nearby town (which is at least an hr drive down from the tourist home) to get you fresh milk/meats. Absolutely healthy living!
Service - They're very intuitive. They leave you alone if they think you wish to be so. But should you be someone who prefers a human touch, this is absolutely the place to be cuz all you need to do is to reach out to the owners (family of 3) and they'll talk to you like friends. In fact we had made frens with them. We chatted with the son (Brian) till quite late one of the evenings at our patio. On the drive back to airport, Brian had gone beyond the call of his duty to help my friend. So it's a very sweet gesture.
Scenery - To be fair, this is my first time going to such a scenic place. So I can't vouch it's the best. But if you're someone who grew up in the city, this is certainly a breath of fresh air (literally and figuratively). There're tons of mountains, waterfall, forests which is quite clear-cut to walk without getting lost. And you can practise your photography skills while on the way in the forests, or late at night when the skies are clear to star gaze.
Connectivity - They drive you to their tourist home and the journey was safe. While it might seem scary to some people, it's not at all (i've phobia for heights but I'm ok for the most part of the journey). They also have (English) cable TV channels to ensure you are aware of what's going on outside the mountain:)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We expect all the guests will have a relaxing vacation and recharge the energy in Fu-yam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Booking.com and Priceline so you can book your Fuyam Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fu-Yam Tourist Home Hotel Taoyuan
- Fuyam Tourist Home Taiwan/Taoyuan