We had a memorable 2 nights stay at Fu-Yam. It really is a wonderful home-away-from-home. The rooms are cosy and the minsu compound is beautifully landscaped. With nature all around, being surrounded by forest and a creek, it is tranquil and soothes the weary souls.
We were especially touched by Mr and Mrs Chung’s warmth and hospitality. Even their dog, Kilo, is just a friendly, gentle giant.
Guests can help themselves to the floral/herbal tea and coffee any time. They serve delicious meals with fresh vegetables from their own garden. It was simply relaxing just chatting with fellow guests and the owners over a hot pot of tea under the stars after dinner!
Mr Chung took us for a trek on Lalashan and also brought us to explore along the creek later that day. What was most forgettable was Mr Chung roasting sweet potatoes for our supper. He even let us light fire-crackers knowing that we hardly have such a chance to do so in Singapore!
Their service is first-class which is beyond the call of duty. When they found out that we had problems booking train tickets to one of our destinations, Mr Chung went all out to seek a friend’s help to secure the tickets for us.
We felt like we arrived as guests but left as friends. We would certainly return to Fu-yam if we have the chance.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We expect all the guests will have a relaxing vacation and recharge the energy in Fu-yam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Priceline so you can book your Fuyam Tourist Home reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Fu-Yam Tourist Home Hotel Taoyuan
- Fuyam Tourist Home Taiwan/Taoyuan