“Simple, cozy and clean.”
Review of Hotel Flamingo

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Arusha
Hotel Flamingo
Ranked #13 of 43 Hotels in Arusha
Reviewed 13 February 2014

Me and my friends stayed two nights at this hotel. Staff was super friendly and helpful. We were going to a safari for 7 days and they let us leave some things behind so we wouldn't carry it all over, no charge. Had no issues what so ever and enjoyed our staying.
Really recommend it.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 10 January 2014

We stayed in Hotel Flamingo for one night. It was absolutely worth of the money we paid ($25 single room & $35 double.). The hotel was very clean and all worked well. Only minus is the mosque next door which wakes you up in the morning. By the way, it wasn't easy to find the way to contact them so just wanted to tell that the email flamingoarusha@yahoo.com works for reservations.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
2  Thank Petra P
Reviewed 6 December 2013

Absolutely lovely hotel. We stayed here for a few days before and after our safari. The price is 35 USD for a double room, but it is very clean, there is a decent bathroom and a working ceiling fan. A nice breakfast with fruits, toast and an omelet is included and there is laundry facility for a small price (although it can take a few days). The staff is very friendly and ready to help with anything.

We really enjoyed our stay here, and happily paid the price. There is also WIFI available for a price (1200 Tsh for half an hour), although it doesn't work very fast. But good enough if you just need to look up something.

I would certainly recommend this hotel. The only downside I could find is that the boiler is shared, so you might not have hot water at certain peak times. And beware of the early morning prayers you'll clearly hear.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 21 November 2013

We spent a few nights at Hotel Flamingo at the end of our trip. We traveled on a budget, and while relatively inexpensive, the hotel was the cleanest and safest feeling one we stayed in.

I cannot say enough wonderful things about the staff. Their help and suggestions were invaluable during our stay - whether it was booking a safari tour, arranging transportation, or recommending restaurants. One of our companions had an issue with her flights home, and the staff were so helpful and supportive while she untangled the mess with the airline company. Everyone at Hotel Flamingo were genuinely happy to help us (and I noticed this with other guests as well - it wasn't just us!).

I've spent a number of months in Arusha, staying in quite a number of hotels, hostels, etc. and I can easily say our stay at Hotel Flamingo was one of the best!

Room Tip: It is very close to a few mosques so if you go during Ramadan (as we did), prepare for early morning...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 November 2013

I stayed at Hotel Flamingo for one night before starting my safari. This is a basic hotel, but the room with mosquito net-covered bed is more spacious than I expect with many built-in shelves. When I was there, I noticed some new plug points are being installed and a TV frame is being put up. So I think the hotel is planning to install a TV inside each room soon.
Truth to be told, I have a good feeling about this place right from the start. Ian (flamingoarusha@yahoo.com), the manager, responds to my booking inquiry 5 months before my trip and could not be more attentive in addressing any sort of questions I might have. I am also glad that I have a chance to meet him in person while I was there - a great person all around. One day prior to my arrival, Ian helped arrange a cab driver, Thomas, to come pick me up from JRO - a last minute decision since I was planning to take the Fastjet shuttle to town but wanted to arrive quicker since I was a little tired. I can honestly say that Thomas is the sweetest man I have met in my entire Tanzania trip. Great conversationalist who knows how to make you feel comfortable during the 1h driving journey from JRO into Arusha town. Had I stayed longer in Arusha, I would have no hesitation engaging Thomas to bring me around. Upon arrival at Hotel Flamingo, I also find the check-in staff is awesome, helpful, and cheerful.
Breakfast is the typical sort you eat in Tanzania - fruits, eggs, toasts, coffee/tea. Yummy and more than enough to fill you up!
And yes, the prayer calls from nearby mosque can be loud, but I am not bothered by it.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank mrcapybara
Reviewed 2 October 2013

Hostel Flamingo surprised us with western style in rather not popular for tourists area. Place was nice and comfortabale, staff very nice and helpful. However it is situated next to the mosque and you have to wake up with the muezzin:)

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 September 2013

I stayed here before and after my Mt. Kili trek, the Flamingo was such a perfect respite! Fabulous bed, got shower and absurdly friendly staff. The breakfast is fresh and personalized, the BBQ place nearby is a great and easy convenience and the night market not a far walk. Pure love!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo