“very good hotel”

Ranked #23 of 42 Hotels in Arusha
Abuja, Nigeria
“very good hotel”
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We were group of over 12 in number and arrived in the early hours of Sunday 3rd Dec 2011 from Nigeria. The reception was warm and efficient and the rooms very spacious and well ventilated with powerful showers even on the 8th floor. The breakfasts were fantastic and services very excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Toughrock

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was a pretty nice place. It was pretty close to the center of town and well maintained. The breakfast was good, the bathroom was clean. The shower was powerful, albeit a little crazy with the spray.

This is the "nice" hotel in town. The president stays here when he comes to Arusha. Conference-goers stay here. It does feel a bit like you're not "in" the town staying amongst the locals. It can feel somewhat isolating.

If you're looking for a good, clean place, stay here.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sgfrontman
Butha-Buthe, Lesotho
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I am a delegate that attended a conference late last month to early July 2010. We enjoyed our 8 days stay. Our meeting was a memorable success and the gala dinner on the closing night has been the talk since we returned to Lesotho. We were generally excited about everything: Rooms, meeting venue, restaurants, excursion, services, airport transfers, just to name but a few. We had a few problems with the tuning of television channels, safes and electronic key cards ( we were also advised not to place our cards next to cellular phones or laptops) .All issues/ grievances were solved the very instant. Efficiency, proficiency and sociable are the words to describe the Managers who are proactive and staffs too. One of the delegates had a birthday; the hotel staff organized and executed a surprise party, what a gesture.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
Newark, NJ
Reviewed 24 May 2010

I stayed in this hotel for ten days in May 2010. I had helped organize two government-sponsored conferences, each with 75 participants. Because of the size of the meetings, we had few choices of venue in Arusha. If I had to do it again, I would certainly NOT choose Naura Springs. Though the hotel is new, it is already falling apart. The rooms are large, but plumbing problems are evident in many rooms. Despite what the website and hotel staff might tell you, internet access is NOT available in most rooms and is only occassionally available in the lobby.

The staff is generally pleasant but extremely disorganized and unhelpful in the context of conference logistics. Although we had blocked and booked rooms for our participants well in advance, we were told one hour before about 20 of them were going to arrive that the hotel had run out of rooms because "other VIP guests refused to check out." Overall, I found the staff very unprofessional.

On the plus side: the room I stayed in and others I saw were large, the view of Mt. Meru is wonderful and the food is edible if unexciting. This hotel would be OK if you were just staying one or two nights on either end of a safari, but for meetings or conferences, I would not recommend it.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled on business

Travellers are raving about these Arusha hotels

Durham, NC
Reviewed 30 November 2009

My wife and I stayed at Naura Springs while I had a conference at the AICC. We arrived tired from our pre-conference safari just wanting a proper shower, dinner and to go to bed. At the front desk we were kept waiting 15 minutes while two hotel workers discussed our room assignment in Swahili without ever informing us what was going on. Finally we were shown to our room by a bellhop. As we got settled in the room my wife and I noticed that the room was infested with a number of insects (mosquitos, hornets, etc.). Being fairly accommodating I thought no big deal...we'll shower and then have them spray the room while we eat dinner, so I went to shower. When I turned on the water to the shower stall instead of it flowing nicely into the drain it instead flowed out of a gap in floor of the shower stall flooding the entire bathroom with standing water. This obviously wasn't going to work so I got dressed and went to the front desk to inform them of the problem. A maintenance worker was sent to our room and he proceeded to clean out the shower head (?) so I turned on the water to show him what went wrong. He seemed to understand the problem did about 30 seconds of work on the shower stall and then left the room without saying anything to me or my wife. When I went back into the bathroom the shower still had the same problem so we went back to the front desk. The front desk was completely unhelpful and refused to deal with the problem. Finally the bellhop came to the front desk and I got him to come down and see the room. He instantly said "this isn't right" and took me back to the front desk where he argued with the front desk workers in Swahili for a few minutes before informing us that we were getting a new room. He escorted us to our new room and all appeared fine with the room except it lacked the normal water bottles to brush our teeth with and there was a little water on the bathroom floor which appeared to be left over from it being mopped. Both of these were pretty insignificant so we were happy and I used the bathmat to sop up the little bit of water on the floor.

The next morning we awoke to a bathroom floor which had water filling the grout between every tile. It appeared that this water was emanating slowly from the bidet (which we never used). Despite staying in the hotel for another 4 nights this was never fixed and instead everyday we had to argue for extra towels in order to dam up the water seeping out of the bidet. One night we asked for extra towels at the front desk before dinner and were told they would be brought up to our room. After dinner they had not arrived so we called the front desk to ask for them again. We were again told they would be brought right up. Two hours later there was still no sign of the towels, so we called the front desk again and were told they would be brought up not trusting this assurance and wanting to go to bed we asked how long as were told 5 minutes. 30 minutes later we still had no towels so we called again and spoke to the same woman we had spoken with all along. This time she informed us that "we do not give out clean towels" after going into a bit of a rage over this I got her to accept the fact that they would have to bring us towels immediately and finally we got our towels about 10 minutes later.

Besides the bidet/towel issue we also had issues getting the proper sheets put on our bed, annoyingly our room key had to be reset at least once a day for unknown reasons, the food was at best average for our time in Africa despite being fairly expensive for Africa, and the "free high speed internet" never actually worked during our entire stay.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank dwbpnm
Venice
Reviewed 17 September 2009

Spent 2 weeks in Naura Springs Hotel, spacious, well ventilated ( with AC), Indian chef is immaculate. Long staying guests, honeymooners or delegates would enjoy this property. Accessible to the city centre, they have a fleet of vehicles, a call away with the most professional drivers.
I was impressed by the room service, Guest Relations MGR, Beatrice – “our information bank”. We had a very unique experience – Hot towels on arrival & fresh fruit juice, express check in, a facility tour .We were told the Hotel is new but they have caught up and blended in the market evident from the number of guest in the hotel on a daily basis, etc .
We need more hotels like this.
Many thanks to Dorothy – Game watchers who recommend Naura Springs Hotel

Taylor - A very satisfied and impressed traveller.

Switzerland
Reviewed 17 March 2009

Just spent a few days in this hotel, it was the wrong choice. The hotel is rather large but it seems there was not enough funds to finish it . The only good point is that rooms are large. Apart from that you basically end up with either a room in lower floors (2nd floor is the best) correctly equiped (A.C, flat screen TV although only had local channel and chinese CCCTV) but COLD WATER. Or with a room on higher floors, with HOT water but poorly equiped WITHOUT AC or TV. Avoid laundery service, I used it only once and one shirt was damaged some of my friends had problems also and we did not manage to get properly compensated. Overall the hotel is very impersonnal, service is slow and food is average. Also had a couple of dogs barking all night long next to the hotel which helped providing sleepless nights.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business