“5 day meeting; very mixed”

and 1 more site!
Naura Springs Hotel
Ranked #26 of 41 Hotels in Arusha
New York City, New York
“5 day meeting; very mixed”
Reviewed 25 July 2012

I liked the fact that we had a very good meeting package and the rooms were large, though oddly furnished and with only one free socket.

However, the lack of management and attention to detail was an outstanding feature of the week. While there were many staff and they were generally pleasent, they were not able to assist very much. Attempts to ask for an Indian resturant, for example, were met with blank stares. As the previous reviewer says, bills were almost always inflated and change 'forgotten'. My final bill was inflated by randomly added items which I had clearly not signed for.There was a drama when their credit card machine didnt work and I had to borrow cash from a colleague.

Meals were sometimes late but the quality was reasonable, especially lunch. The internet connection was generally poor.

Urgently in need of some management and integrity from the staff. I give it two not one stars because the rate was so reasonable ($80 for room and 3 meals daily per person) but I will not stay there again.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank bubu3

Solo
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (15)
Nairobi
Reviewed 13 July 2012

I stayed at Naura springs hotel - a large glass building - trying to look sophisticated but just missing it. The rooms were massive and the staff cheated on every attempt. At breakfast you had to fight for food - with them - as instead of cooking omlets for the payings guests they were busy eating cereal and finishing the last of the milk. In my friend;s room when she went to pack - she found her shoes were hidden in an obscure location ( so she would not find them) -and the bar - well - during the week -they would come with a (hand written bill) and say you owed for 8 glasses of wine -when you had 2 - hoping you would not read. The same with peaunuts and more - the final blow was checking out - when someone had forged by bills and wrote 12 (the 2 was highlighted) instead of 10 and well some very old fashioned and blatent cheating we really do not expect anymore. I wont go into the grabbing the tea and the other issues!!!

Room Tip: dont go there - the staff at numerous levels are trying to rip you off, they all have strategies to...
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled on business
3 Thank Kassie M

Travellers are raving about these Arusha hotels

Entebbe, Uganda
Reviewed 23 March 2012

To begin with, I am very glad that the contact number on their website actually works (nothing to me is more depressing than calling a non-existent number!). Considering that It was my first time to travel to Tanzania the lady who took my call was very warm and she ensured that I had a cab to handle my transfer from Kilimanjaro airport in time. The receptionists through out my stay were equally warm, helpful and elegantly dressed. My room was really spacious with beautiful furniture. I thought the layout was fantastic! The bathroom was equally great. The only problem was that I didn't seem to have hot water and my shower pressure was too much; so much that the water spilled all over the place. I guess that was only in my bathroom. That aside, my room was exquisite.
I thought the service during meals was excellent! The waiters were always on stand by and always made sure my table wasn't cluttered. They always removed every dish/utensil I wasn't using. They also made sure I was comfortable. That was definitely memorable about Naura Springs. The food too was great. I must say the kitchen staff were on point.
I enjoyed the three nights I spent at Naura Springs and I definitely recommend it to anyone looking for an elegant taste of Tanzania.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed 2 March 2012

I stayed at the Naura Springs and presented at a 1 day conference there. The room was very good; large, great bathroom, good shower, free and fast wireless and - in my case - with a view of Mt Meru. I would certainly recommend staying there.

Their conference facilities were good, but disorganised. We were due to start at 9am and at 920am the technician arrived with the projector and mics. He then disappeared for 15mins and came back to connect everything. As a result, we started late and the timetable for the day was disrupted. The hotel was aware of the technical needs for the conference because they were communicated beforehand (and they were not unusual).

They have the capability to hold a conference, but this lack of organisation was irritating.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled on business
Abuja, Nigeria
Reviewed 12 December 2011

We were group of over 12 in number and arrived in the early hours of Sunday 3rd Dec 2011 from Nigeria. The reception was warm and efficient and the rooms very spacious and well ventilated with powerful showers even on the 8th floor. The breakfasts were fantastic and services very excellent.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank Toughrock
Rockville, Maryland
Reviewed 9 July 2011

This was a pretty nice place. It was pretty close to the center of town and well maintained. The breakfast was good, the bathroom was clean. The shower was powerful, albeit a little crazy with the spray.

This is the "nice" hotel in town. The president stays here when he comes to Arusha. Conference-goers stay here. It does feel a bit like you're not "in" the town staying amongst the locals. It can feel somewhat isolating.

If you're looking for a good, clean place, stay here.

Stayed June 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank sgfrontman
Butha-Buthe, Lesotho
Reviewed 13 July 2010

I am a delegate that attended a conference late last month to early July 2010. We enjoyed our 8 days stay. Our meeting was a memorable success and the gala dinner on the closing night has been the talk since we returned to Lesotho. We were generally excited about everything: Rooms, meeting venue, restaurants, excursion, services, airport transfers, just to name but a few. We had a few problems with the tuning of television channels, safes and electronic key cards ( we were also advised not to place our cards next to cellular phones or laptops) .All issues/ grievances were solved the very instant. Efficiency, proficiency and sociable are the words to describe the Managers who are proactive and staffs too. One of the delegates had a birthday; the hotel staff organized and executed a surprise party, what a gesture.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled on business