“Outstanding”

Kundayo Serviced Apartments Lodge
Ranked #24 of 180 Speciality Lodging in Arusha
Reviewed 10 June 2013

I was was fortunate to be able to spend just over 2 months at Kundayo Apartments between January and March this year, and I can say it was an absolute pleasure. The friendliness and helpfulness of the staff was second to none, assisting me from everything from transport details to help with my very primitive Swahili! The apartments are located within a very tranquil, picturesque setting, with a large beautifully maintained garden with plenty of space for socialising with other guests and relaxing. The restaurant is superb, serving up a range of delectable African meals that are guaranteed to fill you up, particularly if you opt for the regions staple food, ugali, to accompany your meal! The apartments feel like a community within itself as everybody gets to know each other which really creates a fantastic atmosphere within a very secure environment with 2 security guards on duty every night. I cannot recommend enough staying at Kundayo and i very much hope to be visiting again soon!

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 April 2013

I'm staying at Kundayo for almost year now....cannot praise any further that it shoud be praised!! Good atmosphere, good & friendly staff...Mazo our host...ohh well he's the Dude!! You know what i'm saying!!

Arusha in whole is grand but what i experience is superb....in a nutshell that is, clean rooms every day, Wifi...awesome speeds, good restaurant and all and the neighbours not bad at all..he he he he!!!

Room Tip: Depends they have 3 compounds on site...1 for social, 2 for groovy and the last for silent ambience
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 March 2013

Indeed relax safe home feeling. ( I was there 2 times for 4 & 6 weeks ). Nice appartments. Very friendly owner Mr Mazo & staff. Good restaurant. Wi-fi. Ill go back. 3 km to the center. Busstop nearby at the ( dangerous) mainroad.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
1  Thank Romeooscarlima
Reviewed 3 March 2013

Spent near 1 week in Kundayo this January. Very nice owner (thanks Mazzo), clean and rather big apartments with well-equipped kitchen, sat TV and really fast wi-fi. Good friendly staff, how really care about you and help with everything. After Zanzibar, where everybody try to deceive you, people in Kundayo are honest and sincere. For $ 45 per night BB - very good location - 20 minutes by walk to the center (Clock tower). Price in restaurant also good: 10 000 ($7) for dinner, 3 000 ($2) for beer. Just in 50 meters several shops (beer 2 000 :)) ). And a few words about Arusha - very good climate as for Africa, hot at the day and comfortable at night. 2 hours by car to Lake Manyara NP, 5 hours to Serengeti. 20 min to KIA ($50 for transfer to Kundayo).

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 21 January 2013

Kundayo Apartments were safe, clean and in a nice location. My friends and I used Kundayo as a place to rest and recover after climbing Kili and before our Safari. The restaurant was convenient and had some really good food. (try the peanut chicken) The biggest reason for the great rating was the owner and staff. They are available at all hours and will do anything to make your stay nicer. Mazzo was great. He prepared a wonderful New Years Eve celebration for us in the common area and was a huge help for anything you may need. I would highly recommend a stay at the Kundayo apartments.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 December 2012

Me and my two friends went to Tanzania in the middle of september 2012 and stayed at Kundayo for 3 months. We had a wonderful time, it really felt like home and it was really sad to leave when the time for us to leave Tanzania came.
All the stuff, especially Mazo - the owner, are really great. They are always there if you need help or advice about something.
The apartment was simple, but really nice - and everyday they cleaned it (amazing!)
If you want to get to the centrum of Arusha, you can take a daladala just outside Kundayo. It only takes 5-10 minutes and is really cheap. You can also walk along the main road, about 30-40 minutes walk.
I would really recommend others to stay at Kundayo if visiting Arusha!

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 16 December 2012

I stayed here for a little over 4 months while working in Arusha, Tanzania and I had no previous experience living in Africa before that time. Coming from the United States I was not sure what to expect when I arrived in Arusha. However, the owner and staff of Kundayo Apartments went above and beyond my expectations on a daily basis to make my 4-month stay in Arusha one of the most memorable experiences of my life. Amenities here include a great restaurant, which is ON THE PREMISES, providing a full service bar and menu that I found to be one of the best choices for food in Arusha (in both price and selection). I must stress the fact that the restaurant is on-site...for those of you who have never been to Arusha, it can sometimes be difficult (or expensive) to travel in and out of town for meals when you don't have a vehicle...and Kundayo provides one of the better options for food right there at the Apartment complex. The restaurant also provides free Wi-Fi access to all of its guest...another high-end luxury in Arusha that my co-workers who stayed elsewhere did not enjoy. The Wi-Fi speed was fast enough to talk with friends and family back home every night on Skype. Kundayo also provides 24-hour security guards who are both friendly (to guests) and fierce (to outsiders) making my stay here feel extremely safe. Last, but certainly not least, the Staff at Kundayo were truly "out of this world" in terms of being friendly and welcoming. My room was cleaned everyday when I came home from work, fresh towels, toiletries, clean dishes, new bed-sheets, etc. I occasionally ordered room-service from the restaurant, etc. I cannot say enough about the people who work at Kundayo. In order to make this an honest review, I feel like I should write about the negatives as well...however, any negative aspects of Kundayo were only related to negative aspects of living in Arusha as a whole (i.e., frequent power-outages, daily transportation costs, etc). So any "negative" that I could attribute to Kundayo would be applicable to staying EVERYWHERE or ANYWHERE in Arusha, not just at Kundayo. It truly was one of the better places to live in Arusha in my opinion and I would recommend it to anyone.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled on business