“A good hotel in the center of Arusha”

East African All Suite Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #15 of 41 Hotels in Arusha
United States
“A good hotel in the center of Arusha”
Reviewed 18 August 2011

This hotel is located almost in the center of town on a busy street. Street noise can be a problem in some parts of the hotel. Had a loft suite on two levels with a kitchen, but one that only allowed one to make tea or coffee. Lots of space in the room but in an odd configuration but the bath was a bit small. The pool at the hotel is very very small. The staff was good as was the food in the dining room (if over priced). The hotel is three stories high but there are no lifts in the place.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors to avoid a lot of steps.
  • Stayed August 2011, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
Reviewed 9 August 2011

Very clean safe and great service will come back soon

• Stayed August 2011
Nashville, TN
Reviewed 6 August 2011

I stayed here for a business trip, and everything went smoothly. The rooms are quite spacious, comfortable, and clean. Except for the hairdryer, everything was in good working order, and was fairly modern. Beds were comfortable and area is quiet, although I was surprised there are not mosquito nets. It's not luxurious, but was still on the nicer end of what's available in Arusha. The courtyard with pool is relaxing, and the food at the restaurant was quite good. The coffee is french press, and we all enjoyed it. One of my colleagues also said there was a workout room.
We left our bags overnight while we went on a safari, and there was no problem at all getting them back the following day. It's also gated so you feel secure staying here. Overall we had a very good stay.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
Huntington Beach, California
Reviewed 9 April 2011

Location on town's edge far from Culture Center in an upscale district. Reception is smooth. Luxurious-appearing suite though somewhat shop worn. Kittchenette with fridge, freezer, coffee maker, an flat-screen TV. Two air-conditioners, though electricity goes on and off at night, not just at the hotel but in the immediate area. Hairdryer does not work, safe in room is locked, The night we stayed, a Friday, they have music and a barbeque in the attractive courtyard. Twin beds *doubles really) are firm and comfortable.
Buffet breakfast is ample and their excellent coffee is served in the drip coffee pot in which it is made. Free computers, fax, and printer are available in a conference center.

• Stayed April 2011
Racine, Wisconsin
Reviewed 28 August 2010

The rooms were quite spacious, however, there were no dishes,glasses, silverware or pots to cook in. They could easily leave a fridge and make the living area a bit bigger. Not sure why they have this kitchen set up. The food was quite good, one of the best places that we ate. Be careful with the recommendation you see for Big Bite restaurant- as it was in a questionable area and the food wasn't what others have rated it-- not worth the walk or cab to get there. The people at the East African were quite friendly. The hairdryers don't work in most of the rooms- not sure if they intend on fixing them... but overall it wasn't too bad. Just giving you honest and friendly advice that will be helpful when you travel to this area.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank TravelLover570
hgawe
Reviewed 2 April 2009

My guest and I went for business trip we where a group of us we had taken twenty rooms and i must admit the staff of this hotel are very freindly the food is amazing and the rooms are SUITS very big I felt i was at home the only thing missing was my wife.
I recommend to any one who visit its A must stay home

• Stayed April 2009, travelled on business
1 Thank hgawe
Brussels
Reviewed 31 March 2009

I had stayed at the hotel for 7 days while doing a consultancy in the area. My employer had booked for me at this place after having had a bad experience at the Impala Hotel not far away.
I was impressed by the size of the room, a whole suite in fact, with lounge, kitchen, a large bathroom and a bedroom with king size bed. Everything looked still fairly new and was quite clean. The A/C seemed to work fine, but after the main switch got repeatedly off when turning the a/c on, I was invited to move to another room. This room was identical and equally clean -- which is worth noting -- but I didn't get any hot water. However, the problem was fixed after I reported it on the following morning.
I can confirm other visitors' observations that the kitchen within the suite is useless since there is no kitchen ware or dining area anyway. I can also confirm that no one seemed to use the tiny swimming pool and that the restaurant looked fairly empty both in the morning and in the evening.
Most staff were quite friendly, I have to say, and I did appreciate the permanent wireless access to the Internet, although at slow speed (15 KB/sec), but enough for e-mail and files of reasonable size.
Actually, I would have enjoyed my stay there, had I not been treated rather badly when checking out. When I gave my visa card at the reception desk at 12:15pm I was told rather bluntly that I should pay an extra 70$ for half-a-day stay (daily rate 140$), because I checked out late. I was given various explanations: that I had hinted the day before at staying until my departure to the airport in the evening, that I checked out at 12:15 instead of 12 noon (!), and finally that the check-out time was 10 am.
When I protested - politely - that in most places in the world the check-out time is 12 and that the infomation was not written anyhere around the reception desk or in the room, the manager on duty, a tall, articulate, young lady who was peculiarly unfriendly, answered dryly that "This is the policy of the hotel".
As she would clearly not cede in any way, I gave up and paid my bill. I did not really care for the money, but I remain astonished by the manager's behaviour. While her male colleague who accompanied me outside was quite apologetic, she looked like she had just won a trophy. How strange!

• Stayed March 2009, travelled on business