“Very enjoyable place to stay in Arusha”

East African All Suite Hotel & Conference Centre
Ranked #19 of 45 Hotels in Arusha
Reviewed 26 February 2013

We stayed at the East African Hotel for 2-nights in room 208, and then a 3rd night in room 101 a week later. Service was excellent, staff very helpful and showed up promptly when needed. Food good. Room 101 has street noise; room 208 was very quiet. Both rooms were spacious and clean. Room safes work fine -- they are locked initially, and just ask front desk to send a person with special key, to open safe, so you can then set up your private security code, etc.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 22 February 2013

Great business facilites at East African Hotel. Was able to host an amazing poolside cocktail that went seamlessly from start to finish :) I later had the opportunity to mix business with pleasure and enjoyed the spacious bedrooms with equally amazing living rooms and kitchen. I particularly will point out the professionalism of the team at this hotel. They work hard and go beyond duty. The East African Hotel certainly suits the common phrase "a home away from home" and "home is where you belong" At East African you are at home and you actually do belong there. I highly recommend a stopover at this hotel for anyone looking for an affordable yet exquisite business or pleasure destination.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 18 February 2013

I helped to organize a scientific workshop at East Africa All Suite. The overall experience was extremely positive. I think the thing that I most liked about the management team was the fact that where small changes were requested in room facilities, or food, or meeting arrangements, the suggestions were always met with a postive - yes we will try to fix that/to sort that - attitude. All staff, from reception to waiting staff, to room attendants, were most helpful and friendly. I did not eat in the hotel much, but the breakfasts were great and conference bites perfect. The rooms at this hotel are extremely spacious. Although wireless internet did not work for me in part of the suite, it was fine in the lounge area, which was most appropriate for working anyway. A few minor glitches were the absence of a plug for the bath, and ....... actually, can't think of any others. All in all, I was very happy with my stay, and I think most of the meeting participants enjoyed themselves too. One more p.s. Very central location in Arusha in a nice part of the city and very good value! Try it out!

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 25 January 2013

I landed down to Kilimanjaro airport and cleared customs well after midnight. Was driven straight to this place where I was jetlagged and ready to pass out. Suite was amazing looking. Living room / kitchen / bathroom / bedrooms are all distinctly separate. bathtub was huge and awesome, bubblebath included, just what I needed. I overslept past breakfast so cannot comment on the food. Overall, this seemed like a really nice place. Three complaints: 1) was offered two twin beds instead of a queen or king size. Honestly I didn't care but would have like to have an adult sized bed. 2) the window in the bedroom was rather small. I like to be able to wake up to crack of dawn. Impossible here. 3) there was a party thrown nearby (Saturday night), and the area was noisy past 2am. The bedroom in the back was somewhat shielded, and I was too tired to really care. But, I did think about going back to the front desk and asking for a quieter suite.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 24 January 2013

the hotel environment so far so good, but you need to improve on the type of food that you provides for breakfast lunch and dinner, I just discover there are very few options of food varieties.

in the bathroom, you need to place mint and toothbrush, these are basically the important components that should be included in the bathroom.

You have good internet connectivity, nice conference rooms of different varities, even people who are working in this hotel really care the guests. General environment still good.

Anyway still a nice place in which I can recommend my colleague to stay here.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 16 January 2013

Lots of things didnt work while we were here, the business centre computers were terrible...mouses not working, internet connection down and the wifi wouldnt work either. The rooms were weird, tv's didnt work properly and our safe didnt work either. The front of house staff and porter were rude and just didnt seem to care. However the waiters and bar staff were really good at their jobs. I wouldnt stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2013, travelled as a couple
farid a, Manager at East African All Suite Hotel & Conference Centre, responded to this reviewResponded 24 January 2013

Dear Valuable Client,
Thank you for sharing your valuable comment involving your stay with us recently.
we experienced intermittent power problems during your stay and the same affected our WIFI connection and TV channels.
we are in the process of investing in power back ups that will sustain our operations for longer whenever we experience power problems..
please accept our sincere apologies for this most unfortunate incident.
we are committed to ensuring that all clients recieve excellent service from check in to check out.
we do hope that during your next visit to Arusha ,you will accord us an opportunity to host you once more to experience our true hospitality.
.Kind Regards
Farid Abdalla - General Manager

Reviewed 7 January 2013

I stayed before and after my safari, the rooms are large, bedroom is in a loft. It was clean, with air-conditioning and had free wifi. Breakfast had the usual buffet items. Having an electric tea kettle was nice for making coffee and tea which was supplied.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo