We stayed at The African Tulip for two nights prior to our safari and were very glad we did, both because we needed the relaxation time after our grueling flights and because the hotel was so lovely and comfortable. We were fortunate to be upgraded to a suite and were thrilled with the understated decor, the space, the light, and the cleanliness. Our traveling companions had a "regular" room which was equally attractive and comfortable, just not quite as large.
The grounds are beautiful and there's a very nice bar/lounge area for drinks and/or quiet conversation.
The food is fine. We thought the breakfast selections were pretty good but were not as favorably impressed with dinner. It wasn't bad but the buffets tended toward offering only spicy mixtures without much variety. This is the only reason I'm not rating the hotel as fully excellent.
We were actually a little disappointed that our itinerary didn't have us returning to the Tulip before our departure from Tanzania. We highly recommend it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The African Tulip is Arusha's premier boutique hotel providing first-class western luxury with outstanding facilities, personalized service and warm hospitality in a convenient location. The 'Zanzibar lounge & bar' is an ideal meeting place; The Baobab restaurant serves an excellent range of cuisine; 'The Serengeti' Pool & Bar is a fantastic place to relax. Additional facilities include a business centre, conference room & gift shops. It truly is Chic. Unique. and Authentically African. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Odigeo, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The African Tulip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The African Tulip Hotel Arusha
- African Tulip Arusha
- African Tulip Hotel Arusha