We stayed at the African Tulip in May 2014 for one night following a one-week safari with Roy Safaris Ltd. The African Tulip shares the same owner as Roy Safaris Ltd., so we were able to add the room (and final airport transfer) to the safari payment. We were also given a good price (at $75pp/night) relative to other comparable hotels in the area, such as the Arusha Hotel, and the breakfast buffet was exceptional. While not as centrally located as the Arusha Hotel, the African Tulip is near several nice restaurants and only a 20-minute walk from the center of town (the Clocktower Roundabout). We were also given an excellent hand-drawn map of the major shopping markets in town by the manager, Anuj, which helped us enjoy a morning of shopping for gifts before our departure back to the US. Wi-fi access in the rooms costs $10/night, but there is a nice business center with several computers in the lobby with free internet access.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The African Tulip is Arusha's premier boutique hotel providing first-class western luxury with outstanding facilities, personalized service and warm hospitality in a convenient location. The 'Zanzibar lounge & bar' is an ideal meeting place; The Baobab restaurant serves an excellent range of cuisine; 'The Serengeti' Pool & Bar is a fantastic place to relax. Additional facilities include a business centre, conference room & gift shops. It truly is Chic. Unique. and Authentically African. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Jovago.com, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Ebookers and Evoline ltd so you can book your The African Tulip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The African Tulip Hotel Arusha
- African Tulip Arusha
- African Tulip Hotel Arusha