We landed at KJO in Arusha on a Wednesday evening. Our safari company arranged for transportation from the airport to the African Tulip Hotel. It was dark at 8pm, so it was nice to have the prior arrangement. Upon arrival to the hotel, the front desk staff and owner Mr. Sharma were there to greet us and ensure we had a good stay.
The dining room is super, the breakfast buffet was great with many options! The outdoor patio area also has a pool and snack bar. The staff was so accommodating on our second night by arranging fire pits for us. Dinner is not a buffet, but self selected, and still preferred over eating out in the city.
The Heritage Cultural Center was a 20 minute drive away and a nice sight. The hotel has 4 computers in the lobby with 24 hr internet service. Staying at The African Tulip Hotel was a good layover before embarking on the safari.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The African Tulip is Arusha's premier boutique hotel providing first-class western luxury with outstanding facilities, personalized service and warm hospitality in a convenient location. The 'Zanzibar lounge & bar' is an ideal meeting place; The Baobab restaurant serves an excellent range of cuisine; 'The Serengeti' Pool & Bar is a fantastic place to relax. Additional facilities include a business centre, conference room & gift shops. It truly is Chic. Unique. and Authentically African. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Jovago.com, Booking.com, Agoda, Expedia, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd and Cancelon so you can book your The African Tulip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The African Tulip Hotel Arusha
- African Tulip Arusha
- African Tulip Hotel Arusha