This was my second stay at the hotel, the first being in November 2010. The hotel is immaculately clean and the staff very friendly. Being set 50m back off the road there is really no traffic noise. It is a small hotel and so has only one restaurant but the there is a good variety on the menu and the quality is competant.
This being Tanzania there is a 4% surcharge for using credit cards. The room rate needs to be paid in dollars and meals etc in local currency. My recommendation is either to transfer ahead of your stay or carry dollars in cash, traveller's cheques are a real no-no getting a 15% lower exchange rate through out the country! Have enough local cash to settle your bill. I plan to stay there again in March.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The African Tulip is Arusha's premier boutique hotel providing first-class western luxury with outstanding facilities, personalized service and warm hospitality in a convenient location. The 'Zanzibar lounge & bar' is an ideal meeting place; The Baobab restaurant serves an excellent range of cuisine; 'The Serengeti' Pool & Bar is a fantastic place to relax. Additional facilities include a business centre, conference room & gift shops. It truly is Chic. Unique. and Authentically African. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotels.com, Jovago.com, Odigeo, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your The African Tulip reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The African Tulip Hotel Arusha
- African Tulip Arusha
- African Tulip Hotel Arusha