“Reasonable Priced Place to Stay in Arusha”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Arusha
Olasiti Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps
Ranked #51 of 171 Speciality Lodging in Arusha
West Bloomfield, Michigan
“Reasonable Priced Place to Stay in Arusha”
Reviewed 27 January 2014

My wife and I were on an OAT trip to Tanzania. We arrived 2 days before our Safari trip began. I made my own reservations with Kibo Guides, the owners of Olasiti Lodge. Every thing went very smooth, they met us at Kilimanjaro Airport and drove us to Olasiti Lodge. We ate 3 meals a day at the lodge, and had reserved a day trip to Arusha National Park with Kibo Guides. The food was buffet style, so there was always plenty to eat, and it was well prepared and tasty. When examining the rooms, you must remember that you are in a third world country. Every thing was very clean, but the furnishings were spartan, the plumbing fixtures were old, and the floor was concrete with some straw mats. There is some local noise from the adjacent church, but it did not bother us. The staff more than makes up for any thing negative about Olasiti Lodge. They could not do enough for you to make your visit to their country any better. We stayed here for a total of 5 nights and also had the use of a day room on our departure date. If you are going on a safari in Tanzania I would recommend staying at Olasiti Lodge before and after your safari.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
8 Thank dlevitsky

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (16)
Rochester, New York
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The rooms are set among lush gardens,with a family of monkeys(virvet)that are fed by the staff and afford some great photo opps,The rooms are well maintained And are very clean and have any ammenity that is needed,THe food is very good and the staff very pleasant and helpful.The gift shop is well stocked with some really nice crafts and books.I highly enjoyed my time at the lodge.I don't think the noise level is any worse than many of the hotels in Arusha,I think it just part of the culture.I would stay there again and would advise anyone to stay there without any hesitation.I felt COMPLETELY safe.

Room Tip: Most rooms are located away from the main lodge,even the day rooms were comfortable.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
3 Thank joanne v
Valdosta, Georgia
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I traveled alone with my boys, ages 11 and 13. I woke up around 5:00 or 6:00 a.m. to loud chanting and yelling. This went on for quite a while. I was actually quite frightened. I thought there was some uprising in the city. I later learned this was the church located right next door. I wish I had been warned. I would have just tried to go back to sleep instead of being scared. The place was lovely and the food was good. The staff were quite nice. Only complaint was my terror filled hour.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Amy1S
Arusha, Tanzania
Reviewed 12 October 2013

Decorated with an eclectic collection of various African carvings, maps, baskets, furniture, cloths, and even numerous engravings recounting the adventures and death of David Livingstone, this lodge is calming and simple, and full of friendly and hard working cooks and staff. It is extremely well maintained, being constantly cleaned and well stocked. The pool is perfectly situated to be heated by the golden Tanzanian sun, and the vervet monkeys playing entertain you if you lose interest in your book as you relax among the birds-of-paradise flowers surrounding the pool. I'd like to live here!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank WoollySpiderMonkey
Palm Springs, California
Reviewed 5 October 2013

As part of our OAT Safari, we stayed here before and after, for a total of 3 nights. The meals were tasty and served on the deck over looking the pool area. There is a decent bar and gift shop. The staff are courteous and helpful. The grounds are beautifully landscape. The outside noise can be a distraction at night dependeing on where your room is located. I did not mind the church music, but the "call to prayer" from the local mosque at 4:45 AM did wake me up. Take earplugs to solve that problem.

Room Tip: As far away from the churches would be good.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
8 Thank lavonnemy
Baton Rouge, Louisiana
Reviewed 24 September 2013 via mobile

Stayed here 2 nights pre and post Safari. Excellent friendly staff. Great food. Very good prices. Grounds and pool are very well maintained. Rooms are clean, spacious, and comfortable. Their gift shop has most of the items you might see elsewhere in Tanzania, and at competitive prices.

• Stayed September 2013
5 Thank FotoGraffer
Montgomery, New Jersey
Reviewed 21 September 2013

Our OAT began and ended at this lodge. Each visit included wholesome and tasty food along with the benefits of very helpful staffers. The rooms are large with a small balcony, and the public areas are comfortable and airy. There's a lovely pool as well as a family of resident monkeys! The small gift shop is well stocked. And, there's wireless Internet for a small fee!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
Also consider these accommodations in or near Arusha
Mount Meru Hotel
The African Tulip
#1 of 42 in Arusha
Bluebay Beach Resort and Spa
Lake Duluti Serena Hotel

Been to Olasiti Lodge, Tanganyika Wilderness Camps? Share your experiences!