Safariland Cottages
Agoda.com
US$52
US$49
US$48
All reviewsbeautiful gardenhome away from homehot waterpleasant placeguideguestsairporttanzaniasafarilaundrywifielectricityanimalsgroundsnetsmosquitoes
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Individual cottages in a lush, tropical garden setting and free wi-fi in the dining room. What more could you want? Well to boot you get amazing value for money from a family owned and operated hotel. You get an owner who is also the chef and who can create meals of any kind from traditional East African with Ugali to fully European. On my last day of this trip she made vegetarian pizza to order.

There are a few things that take getting used to -- like pretty low water pressure in the shower. But there is always hot water and toilette paper and a completely trustworthy staff.

Oh, and did I mention they also are a tour company and can get you to the top of Kilimanjaro to to Serengetti and Ngorogoro. So what if they don't have a pool or a fitness center. Tell Csilla, the owner that you would like sundowners in the garden and in an instant you have a table in among the birds of paradise with your wine or beer or whatever ready to go.

I will certainly go back when I have the chance

• Stayed: September 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I know Arusha quite well and I have stayed in several other hotels/lodges/guest houses but I have to say Safariland Cottages was one of the best; I stayed over a month with my girlfriend and we were welcomed as family. The Hungarian lady who owns the place together with her Tanzanian husband is always ready to help and we became friends with her two daughters and were going out all together. Definitely the best place to stay in Arusha

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank AntonioAllegretti
Reviewed 5 September 2012

I stayed in Tanzania for a month doing non-profit work and had an amazing time at Safariland Cottages. The family and staff are so warm and attentive. I will miss Csilla and everyone very much and plan to return for vacation soon. The food is wonderful and I would recommend it to anyone visiting in Tanzania for a long or short stay.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Theresa D
Reviewed 26 July 2012

Safariland Cottages is perfect choice as value for money. They have simple but nice and clean bungalows. The staff is always smiling and willing to help you and Mama Koka will arrange safari, transports, trips or anything you need to help with for you. The guides were also perfect and wiling to answer all your questions about animals, enviroment, people etc. I would definitely return to Safariland Cottages or recommend it for everyone (family, group of friends, solo travelers).

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with friends
2  Thank JakubSvoboda
Reviewed 28 May 2012

Staying at Safariland is like staying with your favourite relatives. Csilla and Ben Koka and their daughter Rehema treat guests like family. When I first stayed there, I arrived to find an invitation to their daughter's wedding waiting for me! Although they had never met me, they didn't want me to feel left out so they brought me along to the wedding the next day!

The cozy cottages are tucked away in a beautiful garden and provide everything you could need for a great price. Not luxury, but very clean and comfortable. The Kokas and their staff are happy to help you with anything you need and know everything there is to know about Arusha and the surrounding area.

I have stayed at Safariland twice, once alone and once with my husband, who also enjoyed his stay. We now live in Arusha and remain great friends with the Kokas, still calling on them for help whenever we need it!

I would highly recommend Safariland Cottages in Njiro to anyone looking for a home away from home in Arusha.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple