“This is an oasis in the middle of Arusha”
Review of Ahadi Lodge

Ahadi Lodge
Ranked #13 of 143 Arusha B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 July 2010

As we turned off of the Arusha-Moshi Road, little did we have a clue what we would find. The road was indeed one of the worst, but only about 2 blocks in length. When the gate opened what a wonderful surprise! The serenity in the middle of chaos was unbelievable. We were greeted with fresh juice and shown to our room. A wonderful hot shower was the first thing on the docket since we had been volunteering in a small village about an hour away. After that, the bar at the lodge was perfectly stocked. They called us a taxi to take us for Chinese food and negotiated the price with the driver. The breakfast was greatly appreciated... a cheese omlette and a breakfast buffet.
We returned a few weeks later with a family that we were taking on safari. The staff was wonderful with the children. The swimming pool was perfect, along with the popcorn as a mid-afternoon treat! We ate dinner at the lodge and had a wonderful steak dinner complete with all of the trimmings. We can't wait to return next summer.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled with friends
1  Thank MarilynAK

Reviewed 17 July 2010

We stayed for a night before our Safari. Only issue is with the access road to the lodge. If you intend to work around, then this is not the place as the access road is a slum type of locality. Room was a bit congested for 3 people. Erica is an Australian owner; friendly and warm person. Dinner was US$ 20 per person; felt expensive but they prepared us vegetarian food. There was free wireless internet, hot water, mosquito net (didn't see any mosquitoes). Buffet breakfast was good.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank praspn
Reviewed 1 July 2010

We loved it here. Every single part was excellent. Incredible service-great food, clean, nice grounds, safe. We also stayed at one of the "best lodges" and it did not hold a candle to Ahadi. We would never stay anywhere else again.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 May 2010

I stayed at Ahadi Lodge for 8 days while visiting Arusha. I travel to Arusha often and have stayed at several different lodges. This Lodge is beautiful and the service is great, at a very reasonable price. The owner of the lodge, Erica, made sure to greet me everyday and make sure that I had everything I needed. She also arranged my transportation from/to Kili airport to the lodge with the taxi driver waiting for me at the airport for a very good price. The included breakfast was excellent. I would definately recommend this lodge in Arusha.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 4 March 2010

I really enjoyed my stay at the Ahadi Lodge. I stayed there for two nights (right after my Kili climb and before my safari). The owner (Erica) was excellent. She was really friendly and made my stay VERY comfortable. The rooms were very clean and I felt very safe. I enjoyed having a T.V in the room. I also got my laundry done here .

The staff were also very friendly and accomodating. Lucy was always there!

The food was fabulous!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We had a three course meal for dinner and breakfast was a buffet where you could order eggs. I had a pizza (4000 tsh) for lunch one day and it was excellent.

The lodge didn't have a computer with internet but it did have WIFI. The owner was nice enough to take me into town and show me where the internet cafe was.

We (my taxi driver) had a hard time finding the lodge so I recommend getting good directions before you go.

I would strongly recommend this hotel to others. We found it through Maasi Wanderings (safari company).

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 1 March 2010

We felt so at home here thanks to Erica and all the staff. Very clean and comfortable, delicious food and friendly helpful staff.

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 October 2009

We stayed at this lodge before and after our safari. Food was excellent. Everything was very clean. Personnel very kind. We really enjoyed the company of Erica (director). This is definately a place we would come back to.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple