“Kenya and Tansania”

Bonn, Germany
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Kenya and Tansania”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 May 2013

Our friends who live in Kenya arranged our holiday in kenya and Tansania for 11 days.He organized a van for us to Nakuru and masai mara for 4 Days then dropped us at Hisbanya on the 5th day.Our driver Mutua was a great man but the van broke down 2 times on the second day to Mara and the day to hisbanya where we couldn't reach at the board in time.

Our Tansania guide John from Hartebeest safaris arrived in time with a very comfortable toyota landcruser and he waited us for 4 hours at the board.We couldn't cross the serengueti park because it was late and we slept at stopover local hotel.
We visited Serengueti,Ngorongoro and maniyara then to Arusha where we met the man at hartebeest safaris office.We enjoyed our Tansania safaris very much.John explained to us each and everything from the begging to the end.He showed us many things.Lodges were great but only small packet lunch.The road was horrible but we were lack to get a more comfortable car.Ngorongoro is great and we saw masai people.
Thanks Hartebeest safaris for the great and enjoyable holiday.We will return back to Tansania with my workment.Thanks for the bus to nairobi dropped us at Airport in time.Please avoid to travel with van which are not strong for the road.

Jonac.
Germany

Visited February 2013
2 Thank maas j

Reggio Emilia, Italy
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Ottimo rapporto qualità prezzo, nessun problema.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 March 2013

Prima in Italiano:
Prezzi di gran lunga più convenienti di ogni altro operatore. Ovvio che si parla di standard Africani, quindi per poco oltre i 2000$ a testa (4 persone) bisogna sapersi adattare, ma in questa cifra ci sono stati una settimana di trekking con arrivo in cima al Kilimanjaro (Machame Route) e una settimana di Safari (Manyara, Tarangire, Serengeti, Ngoro Ngoro, Lake Eyasi).
Guide sul Kili meravigliose, Kajeli e Hussein, in generale portatori disponibilissimi. Guida del safari, William, molto esperta e questo può fare la differenza.

Le economie non sono sulla sostanza, avrete un fuoristrada un po' più vecchio o una tenda più economica (se proprio volete aumentare il confort, sul Kili, accordatevi per portare una vostra tenda, la nostra, per 4 non era sempre così calda e abbiamo rimediato con buoni sacchi a pelo).

Lazarus è molto disponibile e se glielo chiedete potete rinunciare ad un po' di avventura e farvi prenotare notti in qualsiasi lodge durante il safari, spendendo un po' di più sulla sistemazione. Noi abbiamo, per 100$ in più, aggiunto una notte allo Ngorongoro Wildlife Lodge, come relax prima di partire.

La sistenmazione proposta in Arusha, il Blue Comfort Inn, è comoda perché a due passi dall'agenzia di Lazarus, ma lontana dagli standard europei, anche qui per chi si sa adattare, anche se abbastanza pulito.

TANZANIA, KILIMANJARO & SAFARI WITH HARTEBEEST SAFARIS.
2 weeks holiday in Tanzania, fully planned by us, two couples of friends, choosing a travel agency in Arusha "Hartebeest Safaris". We looked in the internet and selected among many local agencies the cheapest one, aware of the possible risks.

During the first week we climbed up the Kilimanjaro along Machame Route, it took 5 days up (1 more than usual to acclimatize better) and 1 and half down; beautiful landscapes, very good agency guides and team of 12 porters; accomodation in tents, camping along the route.

During the second week we had Nothern Parks Safari (Tarangire, Lake Manyara, Serengeti and Ngorongoro crater), with very helpful guide and cook; very beautiful and full experience; accomodation mostly in tents plus one night at Ngorongoro Lodge on the crater's edge; the trip included also visiting Mto Wa Mbu Village, Masai Boma and Hadzabe tribe.

We are very satisfied: all we asked for was done, we didn't have any hitch in transfers or parks entrances; our guides, both Kilimanjaro's and Safari's, were very competent. Obviously, it was a "saving money" kind of trip, providing mostly tents accomodation, just one night in lodge (we asked for it) and two nights in a hotel in Arusha; about this last hotel, "Blue Comfort Inn" we'd have something to say: the word "comfort" is not really coming to our minds thinking about that place, we advice to ask for a better accomodation (even if this one is very close to Hartebeest Safaris Agency). Apart this, Lazarus, the agency's owner, was always helpful and interested in everything going well.

Visited October 2012
2 Thank Alessandro R
Sao Paulo, SP
24 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 24 helpful votes
“THE WORST EVER!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 December 2011

There are thousands of options in Arusha for safaris and game drives. Take this advise, do not waste your time contacting this company "Hartebeest" once its owner Lazarus is a perfect example of how a dishonest person can get advantage on tourists and also how your experience can turn out to be a nightmare.

Visited November 2011
7 Thank Alex N
Moscow, Russia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 25 helpful votes
“BEWARE! UNRELIABLE COMPANY!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 December 2011

Even thought the company is sertified by TATO the company I strongly recommend to beware of them.
The head of the company, Lazarus, refused to send the signed agreement before he received the deposit. I wanted to have a confirmation of the payment purpose but I decided not to argue with him. He said he would send the agreement as soon as the deposit of $660 will reach his account.
On October 12th I have prepaid my tour with Hartebeest Safaris. After two weeks of silence I asked him to confirm money receipt and send the agreement. My request was ignored. I asked him several times during the next two weeks. He was answering with a big delay (more than a week) but only promised.
On 16th of November he informed me that his scanner is out of order and he would sign the agreement on a spot. I said it was not acceptable and asked him to fulfill his promises as soon as possible.
He responded by saying that I was just looking for a reason to complain and many other things abusing me.
He also informed he didn’t want to be my Safari provider anymore. I offered to send my money back via wire transfer (as they were originally sent). Somehow it wasn’t acceptable for him and he offered to pick up them there in Arusha. We agreed on Western Union.
Since that time I’ve been waiting for more than two weeks! Every time he promised to send money tomorrow and found different reasons not to send (business trip, system was down, no light, system was down again and etc). I received them only today, so he'd been using my money for 1,5 month! Communication with that man was simply ridiculous. I couldn't stop wondering how adult man can write this.
I decided to go with other company which is in sane, who doesnt' see any problem in sending an agreement, prompt in responding.
If you want to save your money and nervous system, than don't go with them!

Visited October 2011