“"Real" Indian Food with Great Service”

The Baobab Restaurant
Ranked #10 of 122 Restaurants in Arusha
Cuisines: African, Indian
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: The Baobab Restaurant is uniquely designed and offers a comfortable and enjoyable dining experience. Our Chefs creatively prepare exotic and delicious meals with fresh and natural ingredients giving guests a flavor of both Tanzanian and International cuisine.
Reviewed 4 April 2013

The service at Baobab was terrific. It was quick, without being rushed and personal. The wait staff took time to ask me about my day and offer thoughtful suggestions about things to do in the area. The Indian food was terrific! I ordered palak paneer for dinner and was absolutely delighted. Due to a very early departing flight, I also had a boxed breakfast from the restaurant. It was fine and incredibly thoughtful of the restaurant staff to prepare it. I would definitely go again.

Reviewed 9 March 2013

We had very good meals in a lovely setting with friendly, informative service. The service wasn't fast, but we didn't expect that at dinner. It also wasn't slow. On our first night in Africa and we were very happy to be staying at the African Tulip Hotel and eating a good dinner at the Baobab Restaurant.

Reviewed 18 February 2013

Our breakfast buffet was good. The service here was fine (for coffee and tea). But our service for dinner was amazingly slow. I had to track our waiter down after an hour. The food for dinner was ok.

Reviewed 24 September 2012

I visited The Baobab with friends to celebrate our successful summit of Mount Kilimanjaro. The restaurant was great for us. We were first impressed by the staff as parked at the bar for a drink. We held interesting conversations with the staff on the ubiquity of the swahili language in Africa. While the offerings were more Western than I would have liked, the meal was delicious.

Note this is a restaurant int eh African Tulip hotel and is pricey by Arushan standards. If this were not a special occasion, I probably would have sought a meal elsewhere.

Reviewed 13 July 2012

We continue to eat at The Baobab Restaurant on occasions and we continue to be extremely satisfied with the food presentation and quality. Their buffets are outstanding and well worth eating at. We cannot speak more highly for a very nice, quiet and delightful evening.